Built in Wifi N

>Built in Wifi N
>Great for an enthusiast rig but isn't gaudy about it

What is your ideal motherboard, Sup Forums?

Attached: ASUS-X79-Deluxe.jpg (1872x2048, 419K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kryptek.com/kryptek-camo-patterns/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One that looks sleek and professional without any RGB and doesnt have GAMING SNIPER BAZOOKA in the name.

Sadly, dont know of any that exist without spending at least 300 shekels

Attached: 1508394431205.jpg (374x374, 47K)

One not built by ANUS.

They and MSI make some fine ass BIOSes, if I could get their UEFI on a Gigabyte UD3 that shit would be goat.

>build enthusiast rig
>uses wifi
I'm disgusted

Most OEM boards are nice
The trick is to get one without proprietary pinouts but i'm not above building convertors.

Sucks to be you faggot I've never paid more than $50 for a motherboard and i'm not missing any features. Unless you count LEDs as a "feature"

>$50 board with likely a crappy chipset
>Not missing any features

Attached: Wut.png (745x611, 316K)

Who the hell uses wifi on a desktop?

Attached: 1379617305698.jpg (407x584, 89K)

They're cheap because companies bulk buy computers and then basically throw them away

What the fuck sort of chipset is even counted as bad? Has anyone ever had a legitimate issue with it?

>hurrdurr i dot know what chipsets are stop confusing me

Attached: 123333.jpg (590x640, 96K)

shitty landlord don't let me do anything fun to his property
>no ethernet, no fences, no digging holes, no fun

> 2014+4
> wants aNcient technology
Also
> using wifi on a desktop

Attached: image.jpg (600x1147, 332K)

>Does not live where Ethernet cables may be used freely
You probably use non-free proprietary software as well.

Attached: 1519726256223.png (1366x768, 1.19M)

>Firewire 400 port
>E-SATA
>8 USB 2 and 2 USB 3 on back
>Good looking understated PCB
>expansion for days
>8+2 VRM is pretty good
>Only cost $130 back in 2013-2014
>has full drivers for windows XP because it existed in a perfect time where you could use that shit
Basically I think 2011 mobos like P67 and 990FX are cool as shit, but the 990FX was most futureproof.

Attached: 8420_big.jpg (1000x757, 173K)

There really isn't anything your missing from a lesser chipset compared to a higher end chipset besides overclocking. You get less native USB ports and less flexible PCIE lanes but that is really the extent of it.

There is some ways to route Ethernet cables without drilling into walls or floors if your not autistic about seeing a Ethernet cable snaking at the joint of the wall and floor

Then get some thumbtacks and run that shit knob & tube-style.

Fuck I agree with you so much. I hate mother board shopping. To the point where I just buy a Dell system and add what I want after the purchase.

If it is standard form factor most don't make anything proprietary these days. Costs too much, they are buying in volume and don't have time to dick with that on systems that make them maybe 2%. The only time you have to be wary is small cases where they might have a custom form factor. But even those are really rare now. I have been taking oem systems and changing things like power supply and in a few cases, cases for years. Honestly costs about the same as hand picking all of the parts and it is all built for you.

It's 2018 even though we all know ethernet is superior, every mobo should include onboard wifi

>caring this much about aesthetics
You realize that this makes you no better than the target audience for aforementioned GAMING SNIPER BAZOOKA motherboards?

>Caring about a board looking high end without being fucking cringey about it makes you a gamer asshole
O-Okay.

Im not payin extra

Not him but if the money saved from getting rid of all the gamer shit LEDs, bullshit VRM heatsinks that have almost no surface area and plastic board shrouds could make the motherboard just a tad bit more reliable or cheaper go fucking for it

idc my Asus P9X79 Deluxe has everything i need besides m.2 but i dont care about that

Clearly the problem for him was that he has to spend more to acquire a motherboard that pleases him more aesthetically, while motherboards with the features he wishes for already exist in a lower price bracket. All this while simultaneously complaining about motherboards being built with aesthetics in mind.

>not gaudy
>literally looks like Trump's toilet

Plenty of people use wifi on their desktop. There's plenty of situations where cable isn't a real option. As an example, my nephew uses wireless on his desktop. The router is in the other end of the apartment, there's no hidden channels in the walls they rent and he is 12.

>not autistic about seeing a Ethernet cable snaking at the joint of the wall and floor
There are these creatures called women who make that a non-option.

This, If I tape a long ass cable along the wall, my mom will think it's tacky as hell, gonna see if I can get a white sheathed Ethernet cable and run it along like our DirectTV.

>every mobo should include onboard wifi
You do have a point but that's not what I miss most, to be honest. It's worse that they don't have Bluetooth (which is included in a lot of wifi chips, though). I have a pair of pretty good Bluetooth headphones. My phone has bluetooth, my laptop has bluetooth, my tablet has bluetooth, everything's got bluetooth. But I had to buy tp $2 CSR BT 4.0 USB adapter for my desktop and HTPC. It's fine, they work, they sit there occupying a USB port. It just annoys me that I had to buy them and have them plugged in. They were $2 each. That chip would probably cost a motherboard manufacturer $0.2/pop.

>implying I would spend even a fraction of a penny on ANUS shitware
Never again.

My ideal motherboard needs to work and support open source boot firmware, and 99% of gaymen trash checks neither of those boxes. I like the one in my PowerMac G5 that has worked faithfully for years and is working as good as new with very little maintenance. All of the ANUS shit I ever bought broke within a year because they don't know what quality control is. My next desktop board is going to be the Talos II from Raptor Engineering.

>muh flashy images make it good
ANUS and MSI are known for making bloated, buggy firmware that doesn't follow the UEFI specification and is always broken in some critical way. Your boot firmware does not need a mouse pointer and drop down menus, you fithly fucking Sup Forumstard. It's a pre-boot environment to configure hardware and boot an OS, and is not meant to be an OS on its own. It doesn't even need a graphical interface at all, only a text console and a well written user manual in the case of an EFI. Kill yourself, you stupid child. You're everything that's wrong with hobbyist computing.

Attached: fc1.jpg (800x900, 65K)

>>Built in Wifi N
Shittttttt

SP3 dual socket
4 ISA slots
16 SATA ports

i gotta use wifi on desktop as well as my family is being cuts for even trying to set up an connection because their reason is "We might trip over wires and they are annoying"

This is an 18+ website

4x nvme
8x SAS
8x thunderbolt
2x 10Gb SFP

>DirectTV
That reminds me, MoCA is an option for most people, and still better than Wi-Fi.

Moca actually isn't bad, fucking FiOS used it from the node and it didn't affect the bandwidth.

Same. It’s cheaper and more practical than running new ethernet so long as the coax isn’t damaged.

>does everything I need it to do
>not too expensive
>has rgb lighting that you control externally using a 4 pin port on the pcb

>built in wifi

Attached: 1515165941159.jpg (957x621, 90K)

ITX
Thunderbolt 3
10G base-T or SFP+
2x m.2 @ 3.0x4
Full size VRM like pic related

Attached: P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 48K)

TALOS II, dual socket.

>tfw MSI will never make a Kryptek camouflage pattern for AM4 mainboards

kryptek.com/kryptek-camo-patterns/

Attached: c8373e33a88f[1].jpg (1394x960, 320K)

Attached: 1519625083189.jpg (1280x1500, 731K)

>wow built in wifi
{next version of wifi protocol is released}
>wow time to buy a new mobo

Attached: b99.jpg (200x178, 11K)

I doubt wifi is going to improve that much, and if you wanted to upgrade you cold just buy a dongle anyways.

As someone interested in it, Im more in it because all my shitty usb dongles keep breaking or suck for whatever reason, even though I just bought some 65 dollar AC one from netgear, and having wifi bundled in is a plus- I'm going to buy some sort of wifi anyways, so the price is justified and I get a nicer board.

Im worried the built in one will fry at some point, but I could say that of any wifi adapter.

Too bad its X299 equivalent is a downgrade.

Attached: ASUS 10G (1) Top.jpg (1369x1531, 1.3M)

All I see is a white image user...

>I doubt wifi is going to improve that much
wifi ac already exists, and the 5GHz band is much better already

>all these single socket plebs

wifi a/c is like 5+ years old at least.

Also, as I understand it, 5ghz becomes worse at range beyond immediate proximity, these new standard are nice because it gets us onto different bands, but I wouldn't hold out for any drastic improvements and take that into account when purchasing a mobo.

And as I said, if you want wifi now, the chip would be out of date anyways regardless if its built in or not.

Attached: 1517388395892.gif (500x375, 2M)

While agree that your BIOS doesn't need all that useless shit, considering that UEFI implements like 70% of the win32 API, do you expect bored firmware developers with competition that has flashy graphics to be allowed to work on useful things rather than polishing a turd?