This app pisses me off so much. I love the idea, but it's just so fucking poorly executed. Let's face it...

This app pisses me off so much. I love the idea, but it's just so fucking poorly executed. Let's face it, all it is is an RSS reader with youtube-viewer/youtube-dl functionality added. It can't even do one of those competently. The 'what's new' tab doesn't have the option to sort videos based on upload date ffs. What's more some new videos don't even show up. Besides that the video player is fucking shite and errors are very common, making some videos just not playable. I'd just wish someone would fork it, since the faggot devs don't update it for months on end and add nothing that fixed simple glaring faults. FOSS deserves better than this.

Attached: new_pipe_icon_5.png (256x256, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues

They're doing a good job.

Not good enough for you? Contribute patches, fork, or maybe issue money bounties or whatever.

>FOSS deserves better than this.

Then do it faggot.

>Besides that the video player is fucking shite
I just set up mpv to be the default player on NewPipe and move on.

It takes ages to load the pages

Why haven't you fixed it OP?

>implying that shit can be fixed

Google is literally their endgame
Google can pull the plug on them and shut them down whenever they fucking please

Agreed, which is why the normal YouTube app is still superior

Anyone using the beta version? They added a SoundCloud tab but when I try to access it nothing happens??

>normal YouTube app is still superior
Can you play audio and video with the screen off now without having to pay?

write your own

Yeah, you just split screen it with something random like clover and you're good

>SoundCloud
For what point? Site is shit.
It will just be a NewPipe clone with the same issues. If having instant playback using a third party app is possible it would have been done by now by someone. Just look at mpv youtube playback on desktop. It takes time for it to load it.
>split screen
That's not what I asked but that seems neat. I would rather have my whole screen for browsing. At least with newpipe I can have audio in the background with repeat option. The only down side is the small wait time.

Use Skytube for videos and Newpipe for music. That's what I do.

Same with youtube-dl, which breaks periodically anyway.

What the fuck. What is there even to complain about? Are people here using Newpipe as their main youtube app?

I literally only use it if I need to download audio for some reason, or want to listen to something in the background, and for those purposes (for which it was designed?) it's perfect. Maybe the only change would be to detected if there is a youtube link in your clipboard and ask if you want to automatically open that video when opening the app so you can save 3 seconds searching.

>I'm gonna be mad, but all I'll do about it is sit here and rage on Sup Forums.

I don't have google services installed so it's either newpipe or watching in the browser like a mutt

The power of falling for Sup Forums memes.....wowie....

This.
The older version loading times are much faster.
Maybe it fetch all the available formats before displaying

>nupipe crashes constantly while using search function
>someone on Sup Forums says to change language to english
>can't change language in app settings
>changed system language just to stop nupipe crashing

>he wants his data to get harvested
Absolute cuck

>Language other than English
Kys

I do, it works. Use the search.

The main reason for me is that gapps make my phone unusable, while running lineage is a smooth experience.

It's a hate symbol in germany.

Attached: 12989.jpg (1024x657, 148K)

works on my machine

Much thanks for great advise gud frend. Works very gud. All is OK.

iYouTube Pro Vanced is the best YouTube app. Newpipe is vaporware.

Brazilianmonkeycuriousfag here, why this is a hate symbol?

what do you think a
>job-center
might be?

try to keep up

YouTube requires Play Services, a massive fucking botnet

But the app itself actually works. That's more important than freedumbs

> This app pisses me off so much.
> I love the idea, but it's just
> so fucking poorly executed.
Skytube is way better than Newpipe. You can import your subscriptions from Youtube which is a huge plus for the switch.

Doesn't it have ads?

Not if you have adaway installed

but is it FOSS?

youtube 4.5.17 doesnt need googol services and is pretty good apart from the "pls ubdate" in the recommended

>Newpipe has non-foss components.
>Skytube has non-foss components.

You can't scape user

>mind if I steal youre logo?broo

Attached: AIMP3_Logo.png (256x256, 67K)

How do I add my subscriptions via RSS?

a nice pedo logo you got there

This is nice

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-205827.png (1440x2560, 696K)