Radiohead

>tfw youre already bored of A Moon Shaped Pool

Anyone else feel the same? Even though this album was good I feel like it wasnt actually that good. Idk... just getting mixed vibes now that the dust has settled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Blhz11j-UdE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1nFB-R-_gI
youtube.com/watch?v=BK5zx3w-Iq8
youtube.com/watch?v=m1agaZinJHg
youtube.com/watch?v=CUo9o7eX2Jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>overlistening to an album
Do you eat the same food everyday, OP? Or watch the same film for days on end?

No. AMSP is fucking amazing

Moderation is a hell of a thing.

>Do you eat the same food everyday
pretty much

its a good method for losing weight. The less I enjoy it, the less I want to overeat.

And here's Montie ruining a good album for everyone else

Who do people pretend to like Death Grips?

Jesus Christ your life must be boring

I didnt overlisten to it. I listened to other stuff. Getting bored of something doesnt always imply overlistening

Sounds nutritious!

I agree, can't stop listening to it desu. It's still only my fifth favourite of theirs though.

I do wish that they'd continued down the path they started with on TKOL. I thought AMSP was more of an attempt at exploring all the classical influences but they didn't really go as all out with it as they could have imo.

Not op btw

TKOL was so boring though and if you want to hear more of that Thoms solo stuff is pretty much the same.

Shut the FUCK up

I l loved it at first but now I really only care for Daydreaming, Decks Dark, Ful Stop, and The Present Tense.

holy shit no it does not

I like it that way. There were at least 5 shows last night I was interested in going to but just staying at home listening to music is more than enough excitement for me.

Never get off the boat.

Yeah thats what i thought. Burn the witch made it seem like they were going hard for that contemporary classical style that jonny is into atm. But the rest of the album sounded pretty conventional

Hella fucking epic kid

It wasn't boring it was just a lot more subtle than their previous work. I still think people who don't like TKOL are the same people who probably also rank OKC as their best work I.e I don't think they're listening close enough. TKOL isn't reliant on the poppy melodies of 90's Radiohead or even Kid A. It's beauty lies in the really tight idm percussion and the unconventional scales they used to craft nonetheless very pretty melodies. They aren't as instantly catchy as their previous work so I feel people readily dismiss them. I like Thom' solo stuff too but it's completely different than their work on TKOL. Yes it has the same stuttery ryhtms and Thom singing over it but that's about it.

Well I wouldn't say the rest of the album is conventional. They still have bursts of very well composed classical instrumentation. The Numbers for example in its second half, Glass is another example. Daydreaming has the Philip Glasseesque arrangements happening. Pretty much every track has something going on and while those sections are excellent it does feel like they're holding back.

Its grown on me honestly.

I used to think it was lowermiddle in their discography but now its uppermiddle

I fully agree.

TKOL is my favorite radiohead album and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes and to a lesser extent The Eraser are very memorable releases.

Coventional compared to Jonnys orchestra stuff was what I meant. Listen to Loop or Microtonal Shaker.

>Listen to Loop or Microtonal Shaker.
when the fuck are they releasing all the tracks he played with LCO? I really need them.

I think Jonnys too adamant that it should be listened live. Oh well youtube will have to do for now

Yeah no doubt. Would be interesting to see if he can get that style to fit the Radiohead dynamic. I was actually expecting the album to have a bit of a Sub-Continental flavor to it considering Jonny's recent work in India. I think maybe they wanted to play it safe with this album after TKOLs lukewarm reception but that sounds so unlike Radiohead.

Yes, Thoms solo work is pretty good as is his stuff with Atoms. The Eraser when it came out back in '06 sounded like nothing else.

I would love Jonny to do a solo album that combines his orchestral stuff with his knowledge of MAX/MSP to do some real fucked up shit. I imagine it could sound like this

youtube.com/watch?v=Blhz11j-UdE

I like the eraser more than OK Computer, And it rained all night and Atoms for Peace are GOAT.

Still loving it, though I guess I can see why someone would lose interest in it quickly as it kind of pushes songwriting form by the wayside for a greater focus on mood and texture.

The Eraser is great. I just prefer TMB. I haven't listened to The Eraser in a while however so I should probably see how much I still like it.

to be really honest, I didn't like it at first (in fact, i was shitposting a lot the first day), but then it grew on me now i can't stop listening to it, present tense is so beautiful t makes me cry

>there are people on this board that have Present Tense or Decks Dark as their least favorite tracks

They aren't my personal top 2 but they're the ones I see the least sense in disliking.

And It Rained All Night is such an amazing track. Harrow Down Hill is great too, that coda at the end is genius.

the clock live is so good. thom's an underrated guitarist desu
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1nFB-R-_gI

Yeah he's actually a pretty decent pianist too. Definitely has an interesting take on things that kind of sets him apart.

Wow, look at him go.

I fucking a hate you peoples. No fan here? Who the fucking hell are tyou to say this early version is good or this one is bad? Get your shit togheter! Give radiohead sone air to breath. This is bad, this good, i think i'm god, come on

Always interesting to see how he transcribes his solo work for live performances. The solo performance of Ingenue with the piano for example is a cool reinterpretation of that track. Or the performance at the Mercury Awards for Analyze.

This is a board for music discussion. If you want to be a fanboy I suggest you post on the Radiohead fansite or something.

yeah, he's good at that. they're all usually pretty good at stripping down radiohead songs too. although i'm still not sure how i feel about the new live version of burn the witch.

youtube.com/watch?v=BK5zx3w-Iq8

lmao

Wrong thread. Also, i don't pretend.

if you can believe it this is actually the most positive i've seen people be about radiohead in ages. sure, they're Sup Forumscore but they were getting hated on heavily for a while - reception towards amsp was much better on here than i expected.

The sound quality isn't really doing it any favours

PEOPLE HAVE POWER

dark dicks

youtube.com/watch?v=m1agaZinJHg

its a good album. hope they go in a mad direction next though.

I love seeing him play stuff like weird fishes solo like it's no big deal.

Anyone else REALLY love Ful Stop
One of those songs that takes me to another world and make me think of so many things in my life. (girls, relationships, mistakes made, etc)
Thom just has such a unique, distinct way with making songs that gradually build up in intensity and inspire deep emotions and thought (See How to disappear completely, cymbal rush, i might be wrong, sit down stand up, nat anthem,etc)

>makes me think of so many things in my life. (girls, relationships, mistakes made, etc)
LMFAOOOO

>that one video where he keeps messing up but laughs it off
one of my favorite performances ever desu. so comfy.

explain yourself

lmfaooooooooo thought u were just baiting with that post. LOL @ u being serious.. jeez louis

So why do you listen to radiohead then

He's just bitter because he has never experienced an actual relationship with a girl before

Yeah I figured. I am genuinely interested in why people like radiohead and how it makes people feel though
It would be pretty insulting if most listened to them cause "they sound good high" or something like that

The cambridge one? Yeah same here, it's cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=CUo9o7eX2Jc

yeah, that one. i would have killed to be there - seems so intimate.