My computer (2k€) was stolen on Sunday last week...

My computer (2k€) was stolen on Sunday last week, I have seen that someone connected on my Facebook account with an IP address that cannot be mine.

If I report it to the police, is there any chance to have something to be done?

Furthermore, I have seen a weird announce on a marketplace of the exactly same product but with a different serial number (I have a picture of the back of the computer with the sticker... A wrong one? ). The fact that I have some doubts is because my computer had particular spec. I bought it on dell website and I carefully chose my specs (1050ti, i7, SSD 500go pcie, upgraded WiFi card...)

The problem is that the serial number exists on dell database... (I checked online) but the weird thing is that it seems to have no warranty on this product according to them. (Odds because the product is new, it SHOULD have the 1 year warranty at the minimum). Do you think it is possible that a hacker made a SQL injection to dell servers ? Besides the IP address I have seen on my facebook account has been reported for... SQL injection.

maybe I'm becoming paranoid but is there any chance that this computer is mine ? It's been a week and I am lost. No warranty works here.

Attached: received_1085755528231437.gif (320x240, 182K)

install gentoo

For what? \_/

Well I'm crazy I guess

Yes you are fucked up :)

>"My stuff was stolen, should i report it to the police?"
I dunno, man. Should you?

Attached: shrug.png (560x407, 12K)

I already done the report to the police. What I say is that should I report those information up there to the police.

Well you should report the IP. The other information are just going too far I guess

Police usualy don't give a fuck about 2000€ stolen stuff, they just fill a paper.

there is no such thing as "too much information"

I will report this to the police then. I can't wait to see the face of the policemen. "What a fool"

I don't think police will solve your problem
You need to be more careful
InstallGentoo

Whyyyy Gentoo?

How do you get your PC stolen? Literally just install Gentoo and go back to r/eddit you massive cuck

Instead of being aggressive, why not explain why Gentoo is a solution here ? :)

Police and investigators don't give a shit about your stuff, they probably already know who did it and they just don't care enough to prove it and arrest them, they will just fill out the report and shelve it, sometime next year they will pick up your perp for violation parole or dui and if you're lucky some hotshot faggot DA we'll decide to tack on the charge from the record so he can pretend he did something significant by getting the bad guy am extra year behind bars.

Your not getting your shit back, police never get your shit back, even if they find it they will just let it rot in the evidence lockup before they ever give it back to you.

They do it for one guy and now everyone expects to get their shit back when it's stolen, so they just never do it at all.

Attached: 1515513737025.jpg (799x776, 96K)

Thanks that's kind of sad. But you seem to have right.

Just tell Jamal to give it back

His name was "Rachid" on the marketplace. Almost this.

For everything \_/7

So nobody would login into his facepoop account when it gets stolen

That's weird right ? But it can't be me... midnight 4 hours after the stealing, I was in Lille and the connexion came from Paris (200km away, and the very same city where the stealing has taken place)

Maybe it went out from sleep and catched some public wifi.

it was powered off
Furthermore I added a password in the BIOS

If someone is clever enough to steal a laptop and SQL inject a false serial number to Dell, they would be clever enough to remove a CMOS battery for a few minutes to remove the bios password.

2k euros for a PC with a 1050ti? an i7? 500GB of SSD? WiFi card? How dumb can you possibly be?
>I carefully chose my specs
No you didn't.

It also had LED ricing for 1000€

Probably a Dell gaymer laptop?
Anyway as many said, police wont do shit in Europe.

Let a friend make an appointment to visit that guy selling the exact same spec, join him and if it yours simply take it back.
The law probably won't allow you to do this (what country you're in?) but when the police are too busy giving speed/parking tickets and don't do shit against this you have to take matters into your own hand.

and this is why dead cops are a good thing

OP don't get your shit stolen pay more attention. If someone can steal your laptop that means you obviously weren't paying attention.

Gentoo forces you to study
You can also use Void if you want to

It is an Alienware Indeed, overpriced but good customer service etc..
I'll try to do that. It's difficult because I am far from the city...

To study... What? Ahah

Yeah happened nowadays, if u lost your phone, laptop, dekstop money from your bank account and even your car, they really don't care anything about it.

Fucking newfag

Okay.

Report the IP so that they can go harass the VPN provider.

Why would you need customer service?

3 year warranty day + complete care warranty (if I poor a liquid accidentally, they replace the product...)

Just don't drink anything in front of a computer or use adequate protection, not very hard. You still don't want to go through the hassle of replacing parts anyway.