So I recently left my job as a software consultant at a fancy consultancy because I had enough of dealing with...

So I recently left my job as a software consultant at a fancy consultancy because I had enough of dealing with dysfunctional projects and teams at large corporates who can't into tech. Been working for about 6 years now on various tech stacks, industries and projects but majority of them have been tough failures because of every reason except for tech/engineering.

What are some nice tech companies to work for with good people and culture and well-balanced lifestyles? Preferably ones that have focus on open source technologies and problem solving instead of corporate bullshit.

Ones that offer relocation packages or even better, remote work would be nice.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: drugsapp.jpg (2000x1202, 163K)

Tru google and amazon. I heard they are great to work for. And it will make your pic related.

This is very obvious. Just wondering if there are any smaller or oft-overlooked companies that are nice to work for?

>pic unrelated

you sure about that?

I'm in the same boat desu. The problem with

Is that if you're not a recent graduate you're very unlikely to get in.

no they are not. it's a cutthroat position that you are putting yourself into. if you don't perform 100% all the time you are out for good. also, google has long stopped being a good place to work at. specially with all the false liberalism and equality policies.

none. every business without strong characters with an ideology will not be able to deliver results to your expectations. the worst companies are stock companies, since no matter what kind of character is currently running it, it will be overthrown and bent to the free market.

>every business without strong characters with an ideology will not be able to deliver results to your expectations.
>the worst companies are stock companies, since no matter what kind of character is currently running it, it will be overthrown and bent to the free market.

Christ, it's like you've summed up what I know deep inside from personal experience.

Tech just seems so pointless when subsumed into the business cycle. I was in the same position 6 years ago, but then people like Aaron Swartz were giving me hope with his pursuit of "civic tech". It seemed that there might be alternative models than building pointless widgets in corporate, agencies or startups.

Attached: Aaron_Swartz_2_at_Boston_Wikipedia_Meetup,_2009-08-18.jpg (440x293, 21K)

this is a common complaint, you have the tools to invent the business you want to work for, you have 1/2 of the idea of what to do. put 2 and 2 together

99% of them are going to be corporates that pay well and aren't startups that'll fail in a year or two.

So you're fucked, user.
Unless of course you just want to take the cheap way out and go with startups in tech

*laughs crazily*
user, please don't recommend people work for companies that have "sleeping areas" and fucking full on kitchens + shower facilities.

Forget the tech giants, they pay good but only because they want to own you.
Not spending 70hrs a week on the company campus? Youre out.

DIY

->

I use to work for one of these type of companies called Connectwise. I got fired for falling asleep at my desk. Fuck em, they supported the sales people, but the technical support would be left with our ass hanging in the breeze. Within 2 years the management was changed 3 times, and all the fun events we use to do before we were bought out by Connectwise were cancelled.

There are lots of remote jobs, just look at indeed or stack overflow job board or specific sites for technologies you are familiar with.

I feel you. If I would have known, what kind of individuals drive software businesses, I would have put my energy into some different career - like archeology or ancient languages. Seriously, I love programming, but I hate the shallow smug business types, that have little clue but are loud and the world is a noisy place.

My current compromise is to work for a non-profit, where people are actually nice. It does not feel to much like a job. Apart from that, I am taking the indie route - working for clients for a limited amount of time.

That's my current way out of hell. Anyone else has ideas? Always eager to hear suggestions.

My thoughts. I don't need millions and there much more unqualified people making money, so why not me.

The google and the amazon buy your soul. Other giant even consider every line you program while you have a contract theirs, even outside of business. No joke. Own things is the way of capitalism, and people are just things.

Small scale product company or bust

cokeheads are fucking ruining everything

Only want a $200k cushion to fall into, then I'll start.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

David Bellini, Cofounder of ConnectWise, Inc. and the president of ConnectWise International, was recently arrested on the charges of illegal drug trafficking.

...he eventually got charges dropped cause the rich are above the law.

Attached: EP-302139616.jpg (384x480, 17K)

Ours is good. You can work remote if you're not near an office or get help relocating if necessary. Work life balance is great. Pretty much everything we work with is open source. Company culture is great, coworkers are nice, office is nice, etc.