His monitor isn't ips

>his monitor isn't ips

Attached: 20180312_120153.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiOdLbmnx8k
tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm#ahva
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both of mine are thankfully

all 4 monitors, 1/4 laptops, and both my phones are IPS

My laptop isn't. Can't upgrade it to one either.

>he uses a razer mouse
point and laugh, everyone.

Why? Their mice are literally the only good product they make.

They use high quality sensors and good switches for the buttons.

>Not owning a Razer Mug™
Pathetic. You must be really poor and stupid.

Why in the name of god would someone still be using a TN monitor in 2018, IPS monitors can cost as little as $100

The deathadder is literally the best mouse you can buy. Stay mad with your logishit mouse for double the price.

>disingenuously altering the contrast of an image to make the monitor seem brighter than it actually is

But it is.

>his monitor is still stuck at 1000:1 contrast ratio

I have 4 CRTs
What did I lost?

I don't know why anyone would be using IPS when you can get OLED variants now tbqh

You can get a 12 inch ips hd panel from AliExpress for $10
No excuse

VA is better than IPS for media consumption. You don't need to go OLED.

no altering at all

>dell ultrasharp
>bd quality anime
>brightness at 75%

pic related is the best mouse

Attached: trackpoint.jpg (1000x744, 61K)

>t. Louis Rossmann

>Being proud of IPS instead amoled or VA in the current year
Also thisWhat the fuck is wrong with you? It's like you're normalfags who just built their first PCs in the last few years

>tfw no 1080p 144hz ips monitor

your power bill

dont all types of panels have their downsides?

>his monitor isn't 1440p @ 144hz

I feel bad for people stuck at 60hz.

Attached: 53.png (683x154, 60K)

pic related is 26 dollrah
>double the price
>logishit
fanboy who bought into the gamergear phase detected

Attached: g102.jpg (1971x1312, 946K)

This.
There is NO best screen for every use case.

Its called VA

shitty view angles
uneven brightness

I have one next to my 144hz TN
Does that count?

Ahh! So you admit it! I always knew it was true!
>His

>ips

Attached: IMG_20170831_232355286.jpg (2200x1650, 811K)

Enjoy your IPS glow

Attached: f27a2f2f_PqMkHdX.jpg (4032x3024, 1005K)

>crushes your blacks

VA confirmed most racist panel type

Attached: ilmtkvb7ecfrvibs1oeeuop.jpg (1440x960, 300K)

Will OLED be any good?

It's got its own problems, but in general they aren't nearly as bad as LCDs.

Attached: 36150719116_a61e10513f_o.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

>he uses a display with a sub-1000:1 contrast ratio

Attached: pathetic.png (462x450, 173K)

Just don't watch CNN for 20 hours a day unless you want burn in.

Attached: real-burn-in-week-6-tv-2-magenta-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.24M)

works on my machine senpaitaichi

Attached: WP_20180312_22_05_45_Pro.jpg (2560x1440, 566K)

Because muh 144hz

Turn off all the lights and take a picture of a fulscreen black fill from ~2 feet.

Would it be worth it to switch from TN 1080p/144hz 1ms to IPS 1440p/60hz 4ms? I5-6600k and 1070. The higher frames are losing their luster and higher resolution is looking better and better.

>not PCBangEdition
enjoy your botnet weight

VA? whats that?

Depends if you primarily play video games as visual media or other stuff. I cap most games around 72-90 FPS on my 144hz and 60hz looks horrendous to me now

Why?
Just headache because of the colors, I prefer a TN monitor.

You don't need viewing angles on a monitor, retard

Does it need patented shit to get a nice font rendering?

>Logitech
>double the price
>over razer

Attached: 4Z9lsap.jpg (750x743, 64K)

Why is my laptop oled but I can't find any mainstream oled display? What the fuck is going on? Who even wants lcd

>his monitor isn't 4k VA

Attached: IMG_20180312_153516510-01.jpg (3456x2477, 1.28M)

>his monitor isnt ips and 16:10
embarassing

Nothing wrong with 4k IPS monitors, it's not like the VA panel has proper HDR support as a monitor anyway.

No monitors do currently.

Attached: 2018-02-21 09.57.08.jpg (4032x2355, 2.24M)

yes, so good switches that they start double clicking about after 1-2 years of use at best
never again, nice bait there

Because ghosting
Because input delay
Because ugly blackness
Because backlight bleeding

Backlight bleed and poor contrast ratio are wrong. Just look at the black levels of your photo even in a lit room

It is a very comfortable mouse, but they break so quick. I had to replace 2 deathadders and 1 deathadder 2013. There customer support was great, but I just got tired of them breaking.

I had a deathadder 2013 from 2013 that just started having issues 2 months ago, replaced it with a Death adder elite.

I paid $45 originally, paid around $55 for the new one. Honestly every 4-5 years aint bad for a mouse you're using daily, for potentially 10+ hours at a time.

Yeah, my wireless Logitech mouse was half the price of my old Razer and it's lasted twice as long.

Mine wouldn't last more than 6 months. It's great that it works for you, but that wasn't my experience unfortunately. I do miss how comfortable it was.

>zisworks
It's the only 4k 120hz monitor, and it has a ton of different refresh rates at different resolutions. I wasn't planning on getting another TN, but 1080p@240Hz, 720p@300Hz, and 540p@480Hz sounds neat.

seems to fine to me in a dark room.

This is at 100% brightness.

Attached: 2018-03-12 19.00.00.jpg (4032x2268, 1.47M)

why

>540p@480Hz
why tho

Why not? Maybe emulators for old consoles will be more responsive. I'm just curious to see how it looks.

>Anime

What's the best tech for color reproduction and image quality?

I'm planing to get a monitor for muh anime and movies, so high refresh rates or input lag aren't that important

IPS panel or good quality VA panel.

Will it display blacks inaccurately?

[spoiler]Rich?[/spoiler]

If so sign me the fuck up!

At least my monitor doesn’t have dissapointing my parents virgin weebtrash on it

ThinkVision X1 reporting in.

4k IPS is a massive upgrade over 1080p/tn

Attached: Think-Vision-X1-review.jpg (800x650, 167K)

Attached: x1-01.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

VA has better contrast ratio but usually is a bit less consistent color uniformity and overall accuracy compared to IPS. But thats not really gonna matter unless you're actually working in a field that requires 100% color accuracy.

OLED is by far the best for black levels, but is simply not cheap enough at the moment.

>6ms response time
kek

Attached: 1477248684187.jpg (5184x3456, 1.35M)

>cat school gear
didn't know anyone else on Sup Forums could be this effay

Attached: 1466891606572.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

What about Samsung's QLED?

1000us budget btw

my lcd space heater from 2004 is good enough for me.

Those are VA panels with a lot of locally dimmable LEDs.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I pulled that image off google.

>with a lot of locally dimmable LEDs
This isn't true, at least not for the 2017 QLEDs. Samsung actually went backwards on those, going back to edge lit where previouslty they had been using full array local dimming. OLED fucked them in the ass and stole their lunch money last year though, so this year they're bringing back full array.

>his monitor isnt Oled

Enjoy your light bleed screen on blacks.
I prefer dark themes. ;)

That include their monitors? Or are you talking about the TVs?

OLED isn't viable for the normal consumer market.

It is at professional level and pro-sumer level. But the sticker price coupled with the degradation of the OLEDs happening at different rates depending on the pixel color, means you'll have to replace it after 3-5 years, or you're stuck with a shitty fucked up looking panel from then on.

It's just not ready for the larger consumer market, price needs to come down significantly, especially if they can't sort out the longevity thing.

>designated shitting ratio

I recently got a 240Hz TN monitor (LG 27GK750F) and I must say these latest gen HFR TN panels aren't so bad. There's noticeably less vertical gamma shift than the old 144Hz (M240HW01) monitors, and the anti-glare coating is far less hazy too. After hardware calibration the image quality is close to my IPS displays.

If one of the panel manufacturers could work out how to get TN viewing angles just good enough that no vertical gamma shift was perceivable during on-axis viewing, TN would be the most based LCD panel type.

Attached: 1514363428048.jpg (577x459, 110K)

>just one monitor, not triple monitor setup
>not all 4k
>not two IPS and 1 TN panel
>garbage gaming mouse
consider killing yourself

I bought a 4k TN because it was so cheap compared to a IPS and I figured it would be good enough as a third monitor to replace the last one from my 1440p setup. But I do kind of regret not paying up for the last one, it really is noticeably worse than the other two when it comes to color reproduction. It's just a third monitor in a triple monitor setup so it's not that bad but I would rather kill myself than use a single monitor setup with a TN panel all the time.

>If one of the panel manufacturers could work out how to get TN viewing angles just good enough that no vertical gamma shift was perceivable during on-axis viewing, TN would be the most based LCD panel type.
even without that it already is the most used panel type.

99% of office workers out there are using TN panels, not some nice IPS panels unless they're working in graphics or something.

None of their monitors have local dimming.

In fact, there's only a single monitor that has local dimming, period. That would be the Dell UP2718Q, and it has pretty bad haloing with the local dimming enabled:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiOdLbmnx8k

VA is the third display panel option today, it's based on TN but much better. VA panels usually have just as good colors as IPS panels and higher refresh-rates.

I wouldn't say VA "is better" for media consumption. My old 1440p AHVA panel is pretyt much the same experience as my 4k IPS when it comes to media. And it does quite frankly not matter much if the content is 1080p or 4k either, you'd think 4k on 1440p AHVA would look worse than on a 4k IPS but that's - in my opinion - just not the case. 1080p TN panels look absolutely disgusting in comparison to both.

I disagree, there's no difference that I can see in terms of viewing angels and brightness when comparing IPS and AHVA. None.

>I disagree, there's no difference that I can see in terms of viewing angels and brightness when comparing IPS and AHVA. None.
without knowing the specific panels you're talking about there isn't much point discussing it.

:) Not sure there is even if you do.

My 4k IPS monitors are ASUS PB27UQ.

My 1440p AHVAs are AOC Q2775PQU.

It's plain obvious that one has higher resolution than the other when you're doing photo editing and other desktop style things. I really see them as equal when it comes to media consumption (movies, both 4k and 1080p). And as I said, they are equal in viewing angles and brightness too. But this obviously does not mean that all IPS panels are equal to VA panels, some will obviously be worse than others.

Lmao, dumb fuck 27" 4k means you're likely running it at 150% GUI scaling (that's what windows defaults that monitor to) so it's literally identical to a 27" 1440p.

That's super mismatched pixel density, not really a valid comparison.

Get a 4k 40" monitor with a pixel density of 110PPI which is almost identical to 27" 1440p (108PPI).

That way you can get a REAL comparison.

>his monitor is CRT

Attached: red-eye.jpg (700x448, 25K)

>VA is the third display panel option today, it's based on TN but much better
VA isn't "based on TN." TN, VA, and IPS are all different ways of orienting liquid crystals to block light, with various pros and cons to each.

>I wouldn't say VA "is better" for media consumption. My old 1440p AHVA panel is pretyt much the same experience as my 4k IPS when it comes to media. And it does quite frankly not matter much if the content is 1080p or 4k either, you'd think 4k on 1440p AHVA would look worse than on a 4k IPS but that's - in my opinion - just not the case.
AHVA isn't VA, despite the name. It's basically the same thing as IPS, but made by a different company: tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm#ahva

LG = IPS
AUO = AHVA
Samsung = PLS

All of these are essentially the same ("IPS-type").

Attached: TN vs VA vs IPS.jpg (624x314, 116K)

AHVA is not VA, dumbass. It's an IPS variant. You want a night and day difference between IPS and VA? go to any store and look at the non OLED LG vs Sony TV black levels

>24" 4k monitors at 200% scaling are essentially the same thing as 1080p monitors
The absolute state of your thick empty skull

If you're trying to watch media and shit, yeah basically.

Unless your nose is glued to the screen you'll never notice the increased pixel density at that size.

For static photo editing sure, for frame by frame editing sure. For media VIEWING? No.

>Yeah basically
No you thick fucking retard. Windows scaling only applies to window sizes and font rendering. A 4k game/movie looks exactly the same no matter what windows scaling is set you you retarded piece of shit

Higher pixel density means you need to be seated closer to the monitor for optimal visual acuity.

24" 4k is about 1.2 feet

27" 4k is about 1.8 feet

40" 4k is about 2.5 feet.

24" 1080p is about 3 feet.

27" 1440p is 2.5 feet.

Most people have their monitors 2-3 feet away, it is very rare to see someone who is closer than 2 feet from their monitor, that's ABSURDLY close.

I'm not talking about text here, i'm talking about general media viewing.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You're pulling shit out of your ass. You're literally saying that you cannot tell the difference between a 24" 4k monitor and 1080p monitor. Why dont you sit down in front of two and tell the difference yourself?
Oh wait, then you'd have to actually learn something instead of saving some chart and then demean others with your superior "knowledge"
You don't know what you're talking about and you're wrong, period. I've had a 24" 4k monitor for 2 years and can tell the difference perfectly fine in games, text, and image editing.
And the fuck you cherry on top is that 4k at 24" isn't even dense enough. It's not future proof; MODERN games still feature plenty of aliasing. Until we get 600PPI monitors I don't want to hear that
>Wahhh you can't tell the difference!
Shut the fuck up and kill yourself.