What's the most retarded genre in existence?

What's the most retarded genre in existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylDuOmEoZx0
youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qNFqk3bs
youtube.com/watch?v=oMgF5ajW_oU
youtube.com/watch?v=jvW7mAWeLKA
youtube.com/watch?v=kT275rk4RVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0
youtube.com/watch?v=3SuHWMaNY48
youtube.com/watch?v=utqWrkVEQvI
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNbTS7uhLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

metal

rock

graphite

female

Future funk

/thread

IDM

Damn...

Electro Swing

cloud rap, vaporwave, crunk, butt rock, power metal

political hip hop

This

lamo

Aquacrunk

Progressive Dreamfunk

metalcore and its children (deathcore, electrocore, happycore, etc)

Progressive rock

youtube.com/watch?v=ylDuOmEoZx0

dope ass avant garde new metal

Art in it's purist form.

Technical death metal
Brutal death metal
Black metal
Folk metal
Power metal
Industrial metal
Symphonic metal
Metalcore
Riot grll
Acid house
Country house

K pop

Nigger music.

Grindcore

trap like this youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qNFqk3bs

like edm trap stuff

Nightcore. By far

idm

it's neither intelligent nor dance music

industrial is somewhat acceptable, but the rest are shit, yea

cloud rap

any genre ending in wave invented after 2012

electroswing
nerdcore
chiptune
vaporwave
country rap
reggaeton

yeah changing my answer to this actually

folk punk

nu-male: the genre

what's the one where they all badly scream the verses and then sing autotune choruses with dumb as loudness wars riffs? something -core right?

whatever the answer is, it defo ends in -core

Grime

A scene where this shite is genuinely considered to be objectively GOAT is a scene that shouldn't exist.
youtube.com/watch?v=oMgF5ajW_oU

A scene where this autistic pencil is considered a living legend is a scene that should be gassed.
youtube.com/watch?v=jvW7mAWeLKA
youtube.com/watch?v=kT275rk4RVQ

are you seriously or are you trying to bait metalheads?

Crabcore

Vaporwave. We need a sportswave renaissance

>what's the one where they all badly scream the verses and then sing autotune choruses with dumb as loudness wars riffs
is this real

Metalcore.

This would be my answer. Only acceptable band I can think of is avenged sevenfold.

crunkcore
youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

welp...

nigga next hype's the shit
youtube.com/watch?v=3SuHWMaNY48

I remember someone on electric audio tricked Steve Albini into listening to them. He didn't care much for it.

this and riot grrllllll

>folk punk

>nu-male: the genre

Unless its The Pogues

system of a downer

I still enjoy some melo death, trance metal, sludge metal, doom and some rare prog and even less thrash bands.

Tech and brutal put too much emphasis on Brutality/technicality and forget what good song writing is.

Industrial wise I cant stand ministry, Godflesh or fear factory. Its so date do Maybe its just me because I still like Marilyn manson and some older popular stuff like throbbing gristle and all that.
Power/folk metal is too cheesy for me.
Black metal is only good in small portions and even then basically none of the bands are actually interesting or original or let alone listenable if you drop the "muh dark and evil "

Aha

Objectivly Zehul

>melo death, trance metal, sludge metal, doom

wost genres except for occasionally good doom

and you are listening to the wrong brutal and tech death

youtube.com/watch?v=utqWrkVEQvI
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNbTS7uhLE

for the most part they went to shit after the 90s, but so did most metal.

anything with the word technical in the genre title is objectively terrible.

Why does how hard your music is to play have anything to do with the music.

memrap, probs

Trash Metal
Prog-Rock
Indie-Rock
Country
Dubstep

If you're claiming the technicality doesn't affect the quality of the music, then how can you claim in the same breath that technically proficient music is universally bad?

damn...

it does affect the quality of the music because they are trying to make it as hard as possible.

Straight 32nd kick drums and overly fast guitar parts sound terrible there is no dynamic range.

textbook example of hipster metalhead. or bait

not the guy you're replying to but i'd rather be a hipster metalhead than an actual metalhead.

Deafheaven are my favourite 'metal' band

t. didn't click the link
t. never heard atheist, cynic, gorguts, demilich, any tech death band that people actually care about and thinks the entire genre sounds like brain drill

less retarded than post-avant jazzcore though

Only in an ironic sense.

It's funny and entertaining as fuck but it's not actually good music.

talking niggers

i'm listening to that Cryptoplasty link you posted and it sounds fucking retaded.

straight blast beats nearly all the way through, shitty guitar solos, inaudible riffs.

your idea of prog is shitty derivative Italiano garbage fuck off

>Cryptoplasty
that was the giveaway freindo

I choose K-Pop

This is my favorite genre

do you like mgla too?
i really don't get deafhaven and blackgaze. shoegaze and BM are both my favorite genres but those bands dont do anything for me.
>straight blast beats nearly all the way through
come on now

>Brit-pop

autocorrect jesus i'm not trolling that music sounds like garbage.

At least technical deathcore is well produced this has no redeeming features apart from the 'skill' of the musicians.

But a good musician should know when he's making shitty music

in terms of actually well-respected genres this really does take the cake and i'm kinda sad this is the only post saying it itt

never been so dumbfounded by the dissonance between the critical acclaim and actual quality of an album as i have with pic related. literally just sat there while it was playing like "are you fucking serious?"

I just think deafheaven/liturgy and other blackgaze bands are bringing a stagnant genre in a new direction.

mgla sounds pretty nice though. Is this 'real' black metal

>liturgy
do you really have to bring that band up?

blackgaze bring nothing interesting together. neither the intensity of bm and the lush atmosphere of shoegaze is ever present in literally any of these releases. personally i believe dsbm bands capture the essence way better

each to their own I do like black metal too.

My original point was the musical tumour that is 'technical' death metal.

>sludge is bad
what

So what they mean with "technical" is just fast shit?

>autistic pencil
kek every time

tech death is very broad though. you can't just say something like that and not get replies. i get what you mean but you have to be retarded not to expect replies.

development is what makes it good

riff A introduces the main theme which is relatively simple, 8 16th notes on the root, one a third above and then 7 more on the root. not a lot of technical skill required actually.

riff B is an expansion off the main theme which alternates between i and V chords with a riff that basically appends a short tremolo phrase to the main phrase

riff A is restated with several different harmonies in rapid succession and then riff B is repeated with several different underlying drum beats.

when it gets to the the solo section (riff C), the harmonic minor scale they have been working off of is expanded upon by a riff that uses a lot of notes in the IV chord of the same scale. Pretty basic, but the real twist is at (riff D) which breaks the harmonic minor scale for a tritone based riff at a different tonal center (a minor third down), which answers the riff by staying in roughly the same rhythm. Riff C repeats. After it however, it goes too a riff (Riff E) that seems jarring and unrelated, in a different rhythm and key. However, it has the same tonal center as riff D, so cryptopsy have maintained a sense of consistancy in CDCE by keeping the tonal centers in the same alternation, which is kinda like a call and response: GEbGEb.

cont.

The next structure is EFE with no real tricks, followed by a bass solo section with a variant of E. Following this, riff G finaly gives your brain a chance to rest with a simpler, non-tremolo theme: the breakdown. This section also serves as the point where the songs themes will be recapitulated, only variants of existing themes come from this point on.

First the return to riff B, then A. They then skip straight back to D, the relationship from B>C>D has been already established so the restatement without C makes more sense than it otherwise would have. They introduce the same theme that signaled the arrival of riff E to signal the arrival of the songs climax: the final solo section. It has the rhythmic structure of E, but plays in the same harmonic minor scale that the songs main theme works off off.bringing the lower pitched atonal and the higher pitched harmonic minor sections together. After this the breakdown (Riff G) is repeated and the song essentially starts playing itself in reverse, going from G to E to F but stopping halfway through. What are we to make of this abrupt and violent stop? The same thing we made of the seemingly abrupt transitions. It fits exactly what they are trying to express, the abrupt the violent, the absurd, the brutal reality

none of it was particularly hard to play (at least on guitars), because this is an example of brutal rather than technical death metal. Technical would be more like the first example, Atheist, who are better songwriters still.

Any genre with "core" as its suffix.

but the atheist song sounds way easier to play so in what way is it more technical? Are you referring to the musicality? As in it's technical because of time signatures?

I don't think most people use the word technical to mean that.

Except for , you're cool.

Metal and edm

Avant-Prog
Zeuhl
Post-Punk
No Wave
Berlin School
Riot Grrrl
Musique Concrete
Martial Industrial
Death Industrial
Lowercase
Noise
Harsh Noise
Noisecore
Power Electronics

acapella

Agreed with melo death I guess but I really really like the classic Swedish stuff. As for those bands you linked cryptopsy is one of my fav metal bands of all time but in general I cant stand the genre especially the modern side of things. I will check out atheist, I always kinda avoided it.
Lol no im not into the typical hipster shit like agalloch or deafheaven (am I using the term correctly here?) i

Trust me ive been through alot of metal Tbh people who think this need to listen to more of the atmospheric stuff

Atmospheric Black Metal
"I"DM
Power Electronics
Minimalism
Lowercase
Dark Ambient

IDM is fine, the name is just retarded

>implying people listen to it for the music and not for the qts

IDM is shit, just listen to breaks instead. Same thing but less pretentious and way better.

makes you think

Metalcore.

It's the most embarrassing genre in existence. Even emo is less cringy because they cry consistently. Metalcore can't decide if they want to be tough or pussy

folk punk

rock and roll

they all look the exact same