Are there any trustworthy FireFox addons to rip YouTube videos to mp3...

Are there any trustworthy FireFox addons to rip YouTube videos to mp3? I want to start expanding my music collection but all of the plugins I've looked at so far either don't work, cost money, or assfuck my CPU by mining crypto. What does Sup Forums use?

Attached: ytmp3.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genyoutube.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>youtube 2 mp3

absolutely disgusting

Install youtube-dl
Open the terminal
youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3

>What does Sup Forums use?
GNU/Linux and youtube-dl

>Actually thinking there's a difference
Too much work. Is there any way to, given a key combo, find if FF is currently focused and if so get the current URL? I plan on switching to Arch in the near future so that would make youtube-dl viable.

What's terminal?

assuming you use loonix
ctrl+alt+t

>Not ripping it to flac
Lmaoing at ure layf

Just use a website such as:
Convert 2 mp3 dot net

Browser plugins are an attack vector. Avoid whenever possible.

Attached: 8a64cb0.jpg (1318x949, 198K)

I like having hdd space :^)

>Too much work
Just record it with your phone then, the easiest solution.

I bet all the money you what that you cannot reliably tell the difference between a youtube downloaded mp3 and a studio-original track.

put gen in front of the video you want to convert. they also have extensions, i think. genyoutube.net/ i would, however, encourage you to get youtube-dl and take your time with it since you would be much more productive in the longer run.

Attached: 1520859900513.gif (304x360, 369K)

youtube-dl

>youtube. com/theviduwant
>convyoutube. com/thevidyouwant

>>Actually thinking there's a difference
There is a tremendous fucking difference when music on youtube has likely undergone several generations of lossy->lossy transcoding, not even counting the conversion that youtube does to any audio source, or conversion websites for that matter.
Use rutracker for Christ's sake

There's no difference whatsoever. High end audio is a massive scam marketed to people who think they have superhuman hearing, but in reality it's all just the placebo effect.

High resolution audio can be argued to be a scam, sure, frequencies far outside the upper limit of human hearing are just a waste of space unless you need to work with master audio for a professional reason (being able to slow down / speed up without distortion is a use-case for hi-res audio, but not really something consumers should care about.)
HOWEVER, with youtube conversion sites we aren't talking about, say, 320k mp3 vs FLAC. We're talking about an audio file from a video file that was from someone's computer, probably rendered in 192k mp3 / aac (somewhere around there) from a source file that was probably similar, maybe higher fidelity but still probably lossless (yes even on official record label channels) and then reconverted upon upload by youtube to ~128kbps aac (256kbps I think with recent videos) and THEN it gets converted once more by whatever mp3 site you're using.
So at the end of the day you are looking at 3-4 generations of lossy to lossy encodes for music files, and those are the kinds of numbers that ABSOLUTELY are easily perceptible by the human ear when compared to a CD or iTunes version of the same song.

tl;dr never use youtube-mp3 for building a music library unless you are clinically retarded

Attached: 1424881006919.jpg (314x246, 14K)

correction,
"but still probably *lossy"
point still stands

Attached: audiophiles.jpg (3010x2000, 1.82M)

It's okay, I'm just pretending to be retarded. Most of the time I find the audio quality of a given video is good or okay (especially if uploaded by the artist), but if it's not I just move on to the next most acceptable one. I'll usually torrent albums but have never used flac because iTunes doesn't support it and I'm currently a macfag.

>I'll usually torrent albums but have never used flac because iTunes doesn't support it and I'm currently a macfag.
just convert 2 alac

No
>youtube-dl -f best-audio URL
This way, you get the best audio format available and you don't transcode lossy to lossy

This is useful information. Just need to know if detecting what app is focused and pulling a URL from firefox is possible on GNU/Linux.

the problem remains that it was transcoded from lossy to lossy upon upload to youtube

Sorry, I absolutely can. If it was between a 320 and FLAC file there's no chance I could distinguish between them. But YouTube sound quality is shit.

Attached: -_48.webm (1100x624, 859K)

Pretty sure OP doesn't care since OP is ripping from youtube and wants to re-encode it to mp3.

>Getting your music from youtube

Attached: 1499749282882.jpg (297x280, 22K)

this. youtube-dl is awesome

>SO.
>MUCH.
>THIS.

>Too much work.
You really don't belong here. If sucking sugar dummies while you fill your diaper and your millennial trap "gf" chastises you is your thing maybe you need to stop asking for stupid advice.

Attached: 9111ZVEIfvL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 295K)

How about using a torrent tracker instead of ripping youtube videos like a retard. You'll get better quality, metadata, and wont have to fuck around with downloading the entire album song by song.

This. Theres even a youtuve-dl gui version which works fine.

>You really don't belong here. If sucking sugar dummies while you fill your diaper and your millennial trap "gf" chastises you is your thing maybe you need to stop asking for stupid advice.
top jej. I want an easy solution and I'm willing to work to figure one out. There's literally nothing wrong with wanting to optimize your workflow with key combos.

try ytbmp3

Honestlyt just pirate the music. You'll get a better quality file and it's no extra bullshit than finding a new YouTube->.MP3 converter every month

Use NewPipe

Doesn't convert to mp3.

keepvid dot com plus VLC player to extract audio.

Convert into mp3 using yet another software, obviously.

I already do, and love the app. Only thing it's missing is livestreams, but they'll be added eventually.
It does, at least on Android - there's a download option to convert to mp3.

>too much work
really nigga i have an iq of 85 and even i use this shit

By "too much work" I meant that I want a quicker, one-click or key combo solution, not that using youtube-dl specifically is too much work.

This, it's how I download music.

I've noticed some issues before with it downloading opus at too high of a bitrate so I just download flac and transcode to opus in ffmpeg.

>He uses Mp3 rather than OGG.

>one-click or key combo solution
If ytdl isn't an issue then why not use a hot-key that calls ytdl/ytdl script?

There used to be a popular youtube addon for firefox that Sup Forums always recommended. I can't remember the name. It may have been a userscript (used with tampermonkey and the other more popular monkey). Hopefully someone itt knows what I'm talking about and can recommend it. Assuming it is still being developed.

lmao who even uses mp3 anymore.

Lossy audio:

opus: completely free, no patents, use it wherever you want, very low transparency bitrate, appropriate for both speech and music, excellent sound. always prefer this codec where possible.
vorbis: no freedom, patented! still sounds great, low transparency bitrate
aac: no freedom, patented! still sounds great, low transparency bitrate
ac3: no freedom, patented! still sounds great, low transparency bitrate
mp3: literal dogshit, very old, outdated garbage, should not be used anymore (now completely free, patent expired, still pure dogshit, takes up too much space, inefficient, ~ 3x transparency bitrate of opus)

By the way, youtube uses OGG vorbis by default. Download the OGG vorbis and listen to that. WHY would you convert it to an MP3 file. All you're doing is expanding the file and slightly decreasing the audio quality.

mp3 is still the most universal
LAME V3 (~165 or so) seems transparent to me
maybe even V5

>more universal
You're going to have to elaborate.

Using one of the more configurable WMs, I'm sure you could bind a command that parses your paste buffer for the link to a key combo.
>highlight link
>SUPER+Y
>U has a mp3

>from lossy format to another lossy one

Attached: 1517932454404.jpg (380x250, 28K)

>vorbis: no freedom, patented!
What???

4k video downloader

Site?