Guilty Pleasures

Post guilty pleasure albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qNFqk3bs
youtube.com/watch?v=YdDycVDPElc
youtube.com/watch?v=qiOul3w0upY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is SOAD really guilty? they're genuinely fairly well respected as one of the 2 legitimately good bands to come out of the whole alt-metal scene. it's not like you're posting korn or limp bizkit or something

SOAD and who else?
Avenged Sevenfold? Not even kidding, aside from the vocals their music can be pretty interesting as far as nu metal goes

Their debut is better than most of the stuff that people on Sup Forums force themselves to like.

This and Hybrid Theory

Still my jams despite their flaws

deftones...

this album is still rly good actually, probably cuz of the patton influence

this fucking track, how it only has like 150 views is the biggest mystery of my entire life so far

>youtube.com/watch?v=hh4qNFqk3bs

im not black so i cant play it out loud but i like listening with headphones and swanning around like a scary brown dude

They're all legitimately talented but their music is too political which outdated them pretty fast. With the exception of Daron, SOB was pretty shit.

His self titled debut album is great too.

GUILTY

PLEASURES

DON'T

JUST

fuck

ME

>Don't leave false illusion behind
>Don't cry, I ain't changing my mind
>So find another fool like before
>'Cause I ain't gonna live anymore

>Believing
>Some of the lies
>While all of the signs are deceiving

New Sam Roberts sucks, but I love his first three albums.

That album is pretty fucking awesome

Agreed. System of a Down are great, but Serj is obsessed with politics, he doesn't have anything else to write about. That's a huge turn-off for me.

Rob Zombie in general really. Love the trashiness. He's still a beast live though.

Apparently he's the only one that doesn't want to reunite the band. It's been 10 years, I owe it to 13 year old me to see them once ;_;

Same here. However, I hate the lyrics but love the sound (exceot the sex-sound effects)

They haven't reunited for an album yet, but they've done some shows a few years back, so you may still have the opportunity to see them.

true story

Suite-Pee - ?
Know - ?
Sugar - ?
Suggestions - ?
Spiders - ?
DDevil - ?
Soil - Serj's friend killed himself
War? - war (politics)
Mind - ?
Peephole - drugs
CUBErt - ?
Darts - ?
PLUCK - Armenian genocide (politics)

there's only 2 songs obviously about politics
all of the songs had lyrics by Tankian

Oops.

most of their political views are pretty safe though imo, generally ranging from 'genocide is bad' to 'the war in Iraq wasn't thought through'

are armenians white?

This.

I was still a teenager last time they toured I think. I think some new material would be really strong given all they've done in the past years but I've given up on the possibility.

the topics are outdated tho

yeah but they weren't in the 2000's when their music was being released.

his facial hair is so retarded, yet at the same time i'm weirdly jealous that i couldn't grow this even if i wanted to

help me Sup Forums

i fucking hate people who say this shit

Ok

It's not just about this album, it's their music in general. Although I'm quite certain that more songs than that are politics related, only in a more metaphorical sense. Sugar for example.

Yeah it's not the content itself that puts me off, I agree with most of the things they support, but I just don't like it if music is only trying to get a political message across.

Political music is superficial.

Chvrches. That new song Warning Call is catchy as fuck.

How is that a guilty pleasure? It's widely considered a great album.

because if you're not a superficial child, the guilt comes from your own personal valuation of what makes music good or not. not simply 'if it's unpopular and i like it i feel guilt'

His noise rock stuff is fucking great though.

I wish they didn't do the pop punk vocal thing.

> not listening to whatever you feel like listening to

Pretty much first two Linkin Park albums

Here we go again... We do listen to whatever we want. You don't have to literally feel guilty about liking something for it to be considered a kind of guilty pleasure. It's just a term for "things you or most people consider tasteless or "bad" but you still enjoy listening to for whatever reason."

youtube.com/watch?v=YdDycVDPElc

God tier.

lol

>letter v replacing any vowel
>not even grim

The main thing I hate about SOAD is their shitty fucking song titles.

I know it's not that important, it just irks me they usually choose one word from whatever the chorus is, and that's the song title.

This album is actually pretty dope.

What is he saying that's so outdated politically? the desire for power is still a flaw in man, the government is becoming more and more invasive, and the Armenian genocide is still wildly unknown by most people.

shit this is bringing me backkkkkk

don't feel guilty my man this is good shit

shit i fcuking loved periphery's first record when i was in high school

not a guilty pleasure imo
same

i am armenian and i am pasty as fuck lmoam

i think that's what he means by ''dated''

what are you my man

/thread

you'll be fine

POPCORN EVERYWHERE

Ladies and gentlemen, 90's edgelord techno rock at its finest.

>Silicon Jesus
>Teknojihad
>Acid Hammer
>I Am God

Their second album, Unlearn, was a much different experience though. It's like someone's sonically massaging your brain with cool oil. If you're into something more meditative, listen to that. Paul Sebastien also did a collaboration with another musician and called it Basic Pleasure Model, that's all some really Zen shit too.

I love this album to death and still give it a spin like once a week.

is that one of those visual kei gothy bands? i always liked that aesthetic

I am not joking.

Danny has a wonderful voice, no shame.

Nickelback

reminder

mi negro

youtube.com/watch?v=qiOul3w0upY

>with the exception of darron

Why do people keep saying this. He's a fucking joke

I saw them at rockfest last summer

I realized I worded that wrong lol. I mean his band was shit and he seems really stupid.

Pretty much anything Fueled by Ramen, but this album especially.

Fueled by Ramen is awful but I always thought Paramore was actually well written pop, esp that album. Of course it could just be the Hayley factor

this desu

>it's not like you're posting korn or limp bizkit or something
Speaking of Korn, I like pic related. I really wouldn't call it a "guilty pleasure" since I don't care what a bunch of music snobs think, but it seems to get dumped on along with a lot of their work.

wossis?

Agreed.

>political music is superficial
>listens to 58403085th song about muh feels

Oh kek, then I completely agree with you my friend

They started as one, but a bit "matured" from there i guess.
More like some victorian horror/avant garde shit.
They've really evolved as a band tho, lots of neat stuff in their newest album.

>2016
>being guilty about enjoying something

his best album desu senpai

Politics is the easiest and most mundane subject in the world, everyone has a political opinion and everyone can identify with it. If an artist chooses to go for political themes instead of coming up with an original subject to explore in his music, than I take it that the artist lacks inspiration. If you really think that anything that is not political has to be about feelings than you should listen to more music. The number of non-political themes is literally infinite.
That is not to say that an album with political undertones has to be bad, it has to be balanced with other topics or creative instrumentals, or else it's complete shit. See Muse's last album as an example of how not to make a political album.

Guilty Pleasure = I enjoy this but I know my peers won't agree so I'll pretend I'm ashamed that I enjoy this

Nice independence you have there.

whoa bro, calm down

I don't understand why people have such a problem with the word guilty pleasure. It doesn't have anything to do with peers or other people or whatever. A guilty pleasure for me is something that I like for some reason although I simultaneously believe it has much less value to it than other musical works, not because a person tells me it's bad.

>Politics is the easiest and most mundane subject in the world, everyone has a political opinion and everyone can identify with it

Yea man, don't be so....negative man

Pretty enjoyable album actually

If you think the concept of politics is difficult you probably shouldn't be here.

Honestly because if I enjoy something, I could give a rat's ass if it's "musical quality" is more or less than other songs or albums I enjoy.

If someone enjoys something, it's because something about it strikes them.

What exactly is musical quality to you anyway? The production? The vocal style? The album art?

Set some objective parameters, senpai.