Forth is the supreme language. It's only for autists who can learn how a computer really works

Forth is the supreme language. It's only for autists who can learn how a computer really works

forth is lower level than even c. the only type is pointer. THERE ARE NO ARRAYS.

Please donate a moment of your time for the forth

read starting forth by leo brodie

also check out repl.it/languages/forth

Attached: received_10204087755431886.jpg (440x348, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/davazp/eulex/blob/master/kernel/keyboard.fs#L135
greenarraychips.com/home/documents/pub/AP001-MD5.html
ultratechnology.com/lowfat.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pointer == array
heh, nothin personnel kid

check'd
fpbp

No there are only pointers I checked

I don't think you understand, sir
pointers are arrays.
arrays are just pointers to a string of bytes in memory.

>forth is lower level than even c. the only type is pointer. THERE ARE NO ARRAYS.
You can't get lower-level than C, and "arrays" are already syntactic sugar for pointers.

Forth is trash.

>Ctards are this fucking retarded
A pointer is not an array. It can point to an array (either to the start, somewhere in the middle or at the end), or it can point to a single variable, or it can point to some invalid area.
An array is a pointer AND a size.
Without the size, all you have is an ordinary pointer that you can access with an offset.

>You can't get any lower level than C
C programmers just keep proving their retardation time and time again.
Forth is trash nonetheless.

You're right actually.
meant to say that arrays are pointers and hence forth has arrays because pointers can refer to segments of initialized memory.

>t. pajeet

No, arrays are a pointer and a size.

>and a size

Attached: 1.jpg (2000x2000, 233K)

Correct

1. Make pointer to first element
2. Make an integer holding length
Wonderful. You now have an array, user

faspbp

>not null terminating

>not programming in binary
filthy casuals

k

github.com/davazp/eulex/blob/master/kernel/keyboard.fs#L135

Exactly, that's what I'm saying you dumb fucking idiot.

What are you trying to say?

so we are we going ?
this green arrays stuff seems like out of everyones league for now

in like 5-10 times, it might catch wind
especially with this serial computation limit on cpus

every body will start using fancy compilers
to arrange code in many nodes
manual human layout of code for multi cored chips will be the new assembler

looking at the way they solve the md5 problem
just shows you how esoteric this all practice is and how much you need to think differently once you start using this multi cored setup

greenarraychips.com/home/documents/pub/AP001-MD5.html

yeah, i am sure your forth is trash

code is data, data is code
a forth gem, never saw anything similar in any other language

Thats just the testing ground, they are still figuring how to properly program 144, either we'll go to 100k+ parallel forth computers per chip or get quantum computers.

yeah but why would you want to program at a lower level than c? I had to learn jasmin in uni but I swear I will never write another fucking assembly program as long as I live because fuck working without an ide

>fuck working without an ide
This HAS to be bait.

that actually comes from LISP, which was a big influence on Forth.

the chips are actually pretty cheap. I'd get one if there was an easy and cheap way to program them.

Attached: is-this-bait?.png (527x409, 27K)

Forth is garbage. Nobody uses it for good reason

at least your mama is a garbage thats used

No nobody uses it because they are too stupid to use it
pic related its my unix implementation in forth

Attached: Wingdings GA.png (1600x1000, 851K)

Positive proof forth threads are troll threads

Cool

Attached: forth.gif (494x335, 382K)

how do immediate words work in forth?

Lisp and Tcl

if a word marked with immediate is encountered during the compilation of a new word, it is executed immediately, and no call to the word is written in the compiled code.

Think about ";" - when executed at compile time, it writes return code at the end of the defined word but also leaves the compile mode.

lmfao.
You do know at its advent, C was considered a very high level language, right?

>he doesnt code in binary
01001111 01010000 00100000 01001001 01010011 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000110 01000001 01000111 01000111 01001111 01010100

It's not even the third best language.

What can you make in forth? What are major examples?

>All variables in C have an address
>A pointer is a variable holding an address, which has it's own address

Forth has a very similar implementation to this. What don't you get OP?

A array in C is just a pointer to the start of memory. If you'd like, sure you can have a set size (maybe you malloc'd a nice lil bitty of ram, or you using some funky embedded EEPROM). That size is now defined as an integer, which is an address in memory. When we read that memory, we can interpret that value as an int. That's legit the exact same as Forth. Except forth reads straight from the stack rather than from the addresses we've assigned to our int values.

This is so fucking dumb. You can interrupt C as assembly, and optimize on a per-machine-cycle basis. That low-level of computer optimization is already GARBAGE and widely criticized. Sup Forums loves to suck off old HTML Web 1.0, but you know what?

Priorities:
-Make it work
-Document it
-Make it conform
-Optimise

Like fuck anyone outside of academia will take up forth

C is still a high level language. not as high level as other high level languages, but still is high level language.

A high level language:
-makes a human readable abstraction over assembly and machine code
-provides facilities for certain tasks that would be done manually in a low level language

C does both.

I like your agenda to make forth a meme. Let's hope that someone actually fell for it and discover its beauty.
The only thing that forth miss is a fan base, I think that the problem is that everyone want to make his own forth and stops there.
We need a framework, a big, fast and useful one, something that rust's "I don't trust myself programming" people want.

Immediate words simply execute at compile time instead of run time.

Surrounding them in brackets when calling them would do the same.

>We need a framework, a big, fast and useful one, something that rust's "I don't trust myself programming" people want.
You clearly don't understand the Forth philosophy. That shit is all bloat and if you can't even make your own implementation of Forth, then we don't want you in our community.

It's usually used in embedded or other small memory systems. It was in common use for game programming in the 80's, NASA used it for some of its spacecraft and it's still in use in some embedded systems.

Attached: forth-atari.jpg (904x1496, 628K)

> You clearly don't understand the Forth philosophy. That shit is all bloat and if you can't even make your own implementation of Forth, then we don't want you in our community.
Don't pretend to be the face of the forth community.

I never said I'm the face of the Forth community, but you clearly aren't even part of it.
Chuck's philosophy is to simplify programs and systems until they're a sharp and efficient tool. He believed the future of computing would be everyone making their own programs for their personal use.

I really don't have the space to explain his philosophy here, so maybe this article will explain it better:
ultratechnology.com/lowfat.htm

Chuck's minimalist and DIY attitude has lead to him saying you don't need a disk for most applications and that every programmer should write his own editor anyways. This is the prevalent philosophy in the Forth community, and it's why we'll never be a safe place for pajeets and webdevs.

Attached: Ctraps1.png (602x303, 48K)

>you can't get lower level than C
What the fuck am I reading

C IS A HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE YOU FUCKING RETARD