How much noise does your computer make according to the following scale?

How much noise does your computer make according to the following scale?

0 - 100% completely absolutely silent PC with zero moving parts
1 - super silent, all fans are barely audible if they spin at all
2 - silent, but there's a distinct audible pitch the fans make, but it is too soft for most people to complain about
3 - middle ground; neither silent nor turbulently loud
4 - loud to the point where if you put silent background music on, the noise will overpower the music
5 - like 4 but it fluctuates between semi-loud and quite loud
6 - like 5 but basically it's always quite loud
7 - like 6 but occasionally it starts making a loud mechanical sound like things are rubbing together, upon which you kick the case and it quiets down with a reasonable chance
8 - like 7 but loud mechanical noises regardless of the angle of force applied in the form of a kick to the case
9 - hairdrier set to MAX level loudness, semi-possible to have a conversation near the PC
10 - vacuum cleaner level loudness, absolutely impossible to have a conversation near the PC
11 - my computer is actually a diesel submarine

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 30K)

1. Super silent
Define R4 with all 140mm fans spining at the slowest they can
RM650 PSU never turns on its fan
Gpu fans dont move unless temp goes over 60 degrees celcius
same with the NH-D14 on the CPU.

until a drive that's like 10 years old spins up, then it's a 8

speaking of gpu fans, i have a 7950 and the fan is spins and is audble even at 0%
is there a way to actually cut power to it until it heats up enough?

angry bees/10

3 or 4 in regular use as I use my case fans with 12V all the time and I got a WD Velociraptor which is a noisy drive, so when it's accessed you can hear nice sounds of it working
If my GPU gets loaded my machine is probably at level 9, R9 290 with the reference heatsink + fan is noisy

I use Asus GPU Tweak to make a custom plan for the GPU fans, I'm pretty sure you can do this on most GPU's.

Attached: f7c135bffec1e16ba040491d48537b7b (1).png (663x457, 53K)

mine is between 1 and 2
I have a HAF X case but swapped the original fans out for some that look very similar but push a larger amount of air through with a lower rpm. I also use SSD's no HDD so get no case vibration or clicking noises. I also swapped the wheels on the case for soft jelly wheels. Replace the fans every 18 months
unless I am playing a really intense graphics game my gpu fan is barely audible

msi afterburner is the best

My server is 6, laptop 0

It's a 2 when I'm doing regular everyday things but will shoot up to a 4 when I'm doing resource intensive tasks like compiling.

thing is the fan doesnt stop when its at the bottom
tried afterburner, speedfan, custom bios

i also have a case fan blowing right into the gpu backplate and wanna control it off of the gpu
speedfan doesnt even detect it even though its 4pin
600 core/1000 memory mhz at 0.81v, cool enough but i'd like to raise it without more noise
im kinda mad but not really

I have way too many HDDs making my whole case vibrate. Also 2 GPUs

It used to be 3, but now it's sometimes 4

are you sure you set afterburner up correctly?

well the fan curve definitely works and if i set it to a certain amount 0-33% are kinda audible and above that is jet engine tier
0% fanspeed doesnt stop the fan though

>Silent background music
>Silent
>Music

>try building 0
>coil whine sets in
Why is this a thing?

limit fps/underclock lmao

11. I have 12 HDDs and 2 GTX690s in my machine.

1 on normal usage
4 on load
the 1080 likes to become a turbojet when playing games
also raid0 hdd-s spinning up make it like a 3 at normal usage

0, it's like you fags don't pad your walls with acoustic foam

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-185316.png (1080x833, 27K)

>noisey as your mom...
>getting plowed by tyrone....
>like a southern plantation...

Attached: 1520726657397.jpg (421x389, 172K)

All of my systems are at 1 or max 2

At that point it's better to put your rig in another room and run the cables for the monitor & peripherals.

Enjoy your cancerous lungs.

about a 2
>tfw fell for the Define R4 meme

Attached: herp.png (600x600, 393K)

My laptop by itself is about a 1, on the cooling pad about a 3.
I actually wish it was louder, as I absolutely can't stand complete silence anymore. I can't bear to listen to the sounds of my own body and the eerie background static of the universe around me... Or maybe I just have tinnitus, idk.

my cpu and case fans are running at 100%. i can hear it from across the room

>s340e
>bequiet german meme fans
>kraken
>strix gpu (best cooling and quietest non reference there is)
super silent. just have most lights off so it looks sleek and only moves up to "silent" under load

Explain? It's not asbestos

1-2 while idle/internet browsing, 4-5 while gaming/other intense usage. Pic related.

Attached: screenshot-pcpartpicker.com-2018-03-12-22-23-54.png (1166x1671, 140K)

2 and 8. Define R5, RAID1 for / and /home with a SSD and a 2.5" mechanical drive as write-mostly makes it a 2 a lot of the time. My /storage on my desktop is a 4x3TB drive RAID10 array. Those go to sleep after 20 minutes of no activity. It really is loud as fuck. The Define R5 has some supposedly dampening drive bays but those rubber things don't help much at all.

It actually annoys me that every single "case review" talks about fans this and that. Don't care, swap to quiet case fans and use a massive over-sized block on the CPU cooler and that fan stays at it's lowest RPM (Slam a huge 140W rated heatsink on a 65W TDP CPU and you're golden). My only concern is the HDD noise because 4+ drive setups are really noisy no matter what you do. The only "solution" I've come up with is to make sure they quickly go to sleep when they are not used (which has the downside of a lot of wear and tear as well as delays due to spin-up time when you need them).

just enough to cover my tinnitus

Ranges from 1 to 5 depending what profile i use.

4 during heavy loads, 2 when I'm not running Avid

1 on idle or browsing, 2 in games (arctic freezer2 somerhing)
But it was not always the case. Back in the day off AMD stock cooler it was 3 on idle, 4 while browsing, 5 while earning you tube in HD and, literally 7 while playing.

I don't hear the fans, just that frying egg sound coming from the hard drive.

T420 would r8 5/11

Between 2 and 4

2 most of the time.

11 anytime I use my 290 for anything