Forced to buy GPU

290x about to die. Forced to upgrade at the worst time possible. Got a used 1070 for £440, worth it?

Will the prices ever go down, or will they just keep climbing?

Attached: 1070.png (844x770, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTEhboaX2n4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't seem like a good deal at all mate.

Dont want to create another thread so im gonna throw it here... 190 dollarinos for 780ti, good or not?
As a upgrade from 750Ti?

fuck, that seems awful

my cousin wanted me to build him a kind of budget rig and im thinking of getting him one of those 2400G APU's. Dedicated GPUs are so so so ridiculous right now, i cant believe it.

Got my 280x for $190 like 4 years ago and it just died as well, not sure what im gonna do

This is why you never buy AMD, folks.

Just watch this if you want to kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=nTEhboaX2n4

no 3gb vram not enough

>Got a used 1070
>used
>obviously by cryptoniggers
Enjoy the week it will last.

It's good ignore the idiocy said.

theyll go down once dedicated mining cards come out for the new algorithms, just wait a skimpy minute you neckbeard stop buying things

>see GPU for an actually reasonable price
>used
>the seller sells more used GPUs
>he also sells those things to use a lot of cards for cryptonigger mining

nice try faggit

Im waiting for a year, its still shit

The 290x served me for 3 years. It did it's job.

Fortunately this guy is selling his entire rig, he is selling mobo+cpu, psu, ram all separately at the same time. It doesn't appear to be a bunch of GPUs like a cryptominer would sell.

Plus I'd benchmark and push that thing to the limit, to make sure it can survive intensive activity from gaming to rendering, else I'd just return it

Prices have just been going up man.

AMD prices are even more ridiculous, almost double their original value. Nvidia hasn't been hit as horribly, but still ...

>Got a used 1070 for £440, worth it?
No. But it depends. You don't have a working GPU and you probably need one.

It's fairly sure that consumer based on Volta's gaming architecture will be out around June. Special cards just for mining will be out in April, that's just a month from now. Pascal is at it's end of it's life-cycle. It's like buying a Haswell CPU at twice the price it launched at today.

My advice: If you can wait then wait and if you can buy a dirt cheap GPU or use the dying one you have (replace the fans if that's why you say it's dying?) for half a year then that's probably better than buying a GPU right now.

This could be true but it does depend on your use. I run a 3x4k 60hz monitor setup off a RX 470 with 8 GB RAM. I really do see GPU memory usage above 4 GB frequently during normal desktop use (web browsing, video editing and things like that). If you're just using one monitor and that monitor is some old low-resolution 1080p panel then 3GB is probably enough.

you weren't forced to upgrade, you wanted to upgrade

if your 3 year old card dies you can always buy a similarly specced "low end" offering from the current generation to hold you over till when you actually want to upgrade

Wow gee, thank you for your words of wisdom, can you now go and be a faggot somewhere else?

Post YFW you got a 1070 before the price shot up
>MFW I got mine for 400 americanos

Attached: Ehhehehheh ehheheh.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>used
no thanks cryptoniggers.
if it works it will probably artifact when you try to do anything that's gpu intensive

>a GT 1030 is at around the price I paid for a GTX 1050 a few months ago
holy shit
thankfully no point in buying it because of the ryzen 3 2200g though

imWas planning on getting the 2400g, but am reluctant. Your statement puts the 2200g in great light, can i ask why you feel that way?

because the graphics performance of a ryzen 3 2200g is around the performance of a gt 1030 for about the same price, that's why I mentioned it. you can't do heavy gaming with high graphics turned on but games like csgo will run fine
no point in buying that card right now, but nvidia is releasing new cards soon anyway
a ryzen 5 2400g is fine too if you're going to buy an expensive graphics card to go with it later

>tfw i got mine a month ago for $365

Attached: smug overload.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

>about to die

What the fuck is this bullshit?

>Some fat neckbeard droning on for 16 minutes

Yeah, no thanks

Or just look up MSRP and compare to current prices, this neckbeard did it so you dont have to, neckbeard presence just makes you more likely to off yourself

Attached: TeamGreen.png (1278x770, 569K)

I fell for the 1060 6GB meme when I should have gotten a 1070, but at least I was smart enough to buy it when I did..

Attached: 73wdq.jpg (2048x1536, 296K)

>1060 6GB meme
What, is it bad?

Mine works just fine. 1060 6GB is the sweet spot IMO. Doesn't mine fast enough but handles every game. Prices are sensible. I bought one for £240.

Meanwhile used, burned out RX 580's going for £400+

Good, because 1060 6GB is the GPU i want to go for in the future so i got spooked there for a second

You could have probably got a 980Ti for cheaper.

no, it's certainly not bad, but I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor and it's "just enough" power for that.. I mainly stick to games that are well optimized and a few years old though. in hindsight I would have gone with a 1070 but there's nothing wrong with 1060 6gb especially if you are not going above 1080p / 60Hz

Well, 1440 144hz is a meme i want to go for, so 1060 6GB you say is "just enough" ?

I got an EVGA 1070 Superclocked last year for £400 so giving the mean miners I'd say not bad bruh

Is that USD? Not a great deal considering you can get a 1060 3 GB for a little more. I would look at 900 series cards with more VRAM. 2 years ago 3 GB would be perfectly fine, but the latest titles benefit dramatically from 4 GB even at 1080p.

how about you go back to Sup Forums or grow up

ur mom

alright so Sup Forums it is then

no u

I got the Zotac Mini 6GB. If you want a 1060 then look out for this. I game for no more than 90 minutes at a time and temps are reasonable. It's single fan so it's another reason the miners leave it alone. I bought it as I need quad monitor support for work.

Go make some Best Offers on eBay for around £280, someone will bite. I got lucky and got mine on amazon.

Yeah, i dont really want to get a single fan version..
But it also depends on the airflow, i have 5 fans total, two on GPU, CPU and one for getting air in and one for out and even with everything overclocked i dont go over 55C on anything

>worth it?
hahaha oh wow

Attached: b321w.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

This is true, my 2gb 770 is really suffering these modern days but can still play latest titles at medium settings.
Your best bet is getting a used 970-980, especially the first one sold like hotcakes

Yeah, well it's fine for me, but like I say, I'm usually playing games that are at least a couple years old, and I much prefer turning some eye candy down a bit if it means a lot higher fps. I'm not obsessed with having everything on Ultra++

It's just that given the state the GPU market is in right now, I have no idea when I'll upgrade my 1060, so I wish I had bought at least a 1070 back then, but I'll survive.

>The 290x served me for 3 years. It did it's job.
>only 3 years

the prices will continue until people stop paying them. basically, once nvidia and amd hit the point where they're selling 10,000 $600 GPUs and could be selling 200,000 $300 GPUs.

Do you need to play vidya right now? Can't you use your integrated GPU? And if your CPU doesn't have one, how about upgrading your CPU?
If you buy something like a 8600K now, you can use the iGPU for a few months until the new GPU's come out.
Then you can buy a GPU and you'll have a top tier CPU as well, so you won't experience any bottlenecks for a long time to come.

Was the AMD's 2x0 series just exceptionally shit or does this crap happen to all their modern cards? My 270 shit the bed in november after 3 years of usage and I've been using my ancient 4850 since then. I never had a gpu die on me before and I've been buying awful GPUs since my first matrox mystique.

the exact same thing happened to me, some guy i know same card died after same time, a lot of ppl had to bake those cards in ovens, their solder its really bad and cheap

my 4850 its working fine too

750 is dying. about to pull the trigger for a 1050ti for 228$. is it worth it?