Give me a reason to change to Linux. I currently use windows but I want to break out of the botnet...

Give me a reason to change to Linux. I currently use windows but I want to break out of the botnet. What distro is easy to start with?

Attached: 4L_l4mwUk3o.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

try starting with linux mint. It's simple, similar to windows in it's UI, and it works pretty well. It starts out with cinnamon, which afaik is Sup Forums approved.

dont listen to this guy, mint is a mess.
some debian-based distro like ubuntu or debian itself is a good start

>mint is a mess
was my first distro and i dont remember ever having problems. why do you say so?

>reason
Has no reason to do this
>recommend a easy distro
LFS

Ubuntu or any of its offspring (Xubuntu, etc.)

spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/

Easy to start with but also easy to stay with. Just plan like an hour after first customize to how a real system should look, like removing the stupid app bar and putting the task bar to the bottom where it belongs etc.

Put bootable on a USB stick and boot from it, then install from the live system. Welcome to GNU/Linux

debian with xfce
then look up guides on how to make xfce look beautiful

basically same problems as manjaro, derivative of something working and stable bastardized in the name of being "user friendly" by for example mixing debian and ubuntu packages, and breaking stuff. luckily there are distros like Ubuntu which is user friendly done right.

>why do you say so?
It's shit on top of shit on top of Debian.

Kubuntu for a Windows like interface with superior Qt technology, it is derived from Ubuntu which is very user friendly.

For a beginner i would most definitely recommend Kubuntu

Solus Linux is the way to go for newbies nowadays.

For desktop use? Solus (Budgie), Manjaro (KDE), or Antergos (KDE). Try all three and decide for yourself.

Install Crux

You can liveboot most Linux distros and see whether you actually like using Linux, if you do then you have the best reason to switch

First of all, you need to buy a Libreboot supported hardware and get away from SystemD (use Runit, OpenRC or something like it)
Follow the FLOSS path

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html

gentoo, now fuck off

Linux Mint

/thread

Install Gentoo.