Have you experienced these works of art?

Have you experienced these works of art?

>video games
>art

Hey look all those are overrated except for Ulysses

>Art
>Anything more than a word

I've never played zelda

are you saying someone out there did what the beach boys did on pet sounds better ?

>recording on video some gay dude talking shit for hours
>art

Dude I love Pet Sounds. Doesn't mean it is not overrated.

By "what the beach boys did on pet sounds" do you mean write well thought out and interesting pop rocks songs with great instrumentation?

Yes, I've experienced those two works of art.

yes

>anime
>Art

you don't understand what makes pet sounds and citizen cane good if you think they are overrated. It's like saying Ulysses is overrated.

Sorry. You can appreciate something and think it is great and still think it receives more praise than it deserves.

>OOT
>mattering
Liking it is fine, pretending it's important is something else.

if you want to be sorry about anything it should be talking about shit you know nothing about. You don't understand what makes any of these things good. your opinion shows that.

Alright I'll keep having shit opinions and you can continue with your vague baseless sense of superiority.

Ocarina of Time would be art if it wasn't for the fucking Water Temple

Pleb+noob=you

there's nothing vague about it. if you knew what you were talking about you would be able to defend your statement instead of posting redundant bullshit

>Ulysses
gets real fucking weird at some points but yeah it's alright
>Pet Sounds
great baroque pop, pretty much agreed to be one of the foundations of modern music and modern music production in general
>Citizen Kane
alright film that was revolutionary for its time due to it popularizing plot twists but overrated in all honesty
>Zelda
As a South African, I played OoT a few months back and it was fine but nothing amazing honestly, its modern acclaim is probably due to American nostalgia, and the fact that global videogame culture for the most part is perpetuated by America

>due to it popularizing plot twists
Oh boy. If you think that's the extent of the film's innovation then you have a lot to learn

the 3ds remake fixed that tbf

>book
Shakespeare's oeuvre
>film
The Tree of Life
>music
Tristan und Isolde
>videogame
Dark Souls and/or Fez

I would like to be proven wrong, but I probably won't be.

Fuck the 3DS remake, the screen is too damn small

You have horrible taste in movies and also
>Fez
Guys I think Phil Fish is now posting with a tripcode on Sup Forums

Why is Zelda there
Like that's absolutely trash

What are you even attacking? You're saying I'm wrong because I don't know what I'm talking about but you fail to identify what that is.

Citizen Kane was revolutionary because of the cinematography. Have you ever seen it?

he's mad user just let it go

yes, now what do I win?

>he couldn't get into the Fez cryptography metagame

the only pleb is you user
true, and i'm thankful for that, but there were a lot of little changes in the 3ds game that bugged me

look at the final battle for instance, the atmosphere in the original is off the fucking wall, but the 3ds version makes everything look so much brighter, nowhere near as great an impact.
>having shit taste

>implying anyone who watches films after 1941 exclusively thinks the cinematography of Citizen Kane is anything special.

if you want to be serious
>book
The Bible
>album
The Velvet Underground and Nico
>film
Battleship Potemkin/Citizen Kane/2001: A Space Odyssey
>videogame
Legend of Zelda

they might not be fun to read, play, watch or listen to nowadays for a lot of people, but you can't deny their impact on modern entertainment

all of them except for [spoiler]Pet Sounds[/spoiler]

>OoT
>not Twilight Princess

>TVU&N as impactful as the fucking Bible

I didnt imply anything. I'm telling you why citizen kane was and is considered a landmark film.

Literally babby's first favorite list

Best game in the series, right there with Majora's Mask

>white boy essentials

Sure, but many many films have far surpassed citizen kane in that regard. The same can't really be said for Pet Sounds. If it can please site examples.

>comparing pet sounds and legend of zelda to ulysses
Jesus, OP is an incredible faggot, even if this is b8.

It's a fucking reskinned OoT

Git gud

git baad

>not being white
what's it like being a shitskin ?

gitter done

This thread went to shit fast

Yeah, with better dungeons

This is cool as shit. I've always wanted to get into cryptography but I'm worried that I might just be too stupid

With better dungeons, bosses, atmosphere, story, soundtrack, mini-games and overall replay value. TP a BEST

To a nunnery, go; and quickly too.
Farewell.

I'm not a Sup Forumsack, but if someone insults my race I'll insult theirs back. That's how it works.

Im attacking your criticism that those are overrated. You are doing nothing to defend your criticism. Your whole shit is dumb ass hell. you've made an assertion, I told you that's bullshit and you must not know what you are talking about, then you just shrug and prove you have nothing to say about it since you are fucking stupid as hell. I'm not gonna give your gay baby brain a fucking 'history' lecture when the only level your retarded ass is capable of debating is childish assertions of the contrary. NO YOU. Nuh UH no. Nope. That's what youve done youre a fucking baby talking about shit they have no idea about it's fucking hilarious and grim that literal geniuses like me are enduring your fucking you up in you brain your rotting mother fuck lamo

Doing the exact same thing again only slightly better isn't impressive. It's iterative, not innovative like OoT was. It was also behind the times presentationally.

It was shit at its inception, you're just too much of a loser to recognize this.

Why does Sup Forums not like it, is it just a meme or something, dont go there very often

>Feeling defensive over one's race
>Not a Sup Forumsitician

Something's not adding up right

I agree that the presentation was behind the times because from the time they showed the trailer in E3 in 2004 and the time it actually ended up being released two years later, they could have done so much with it but like with a lot of Nintendo games, it falls victim from "listening to the fans" too much and not making an actually cohesive and forward thinking game. TP is still fun though although I haven't played it in like 7 years, it's also officially turning 10 this year.

The tripfag is right about it being derivative, Sup Forums is usually turbo butthurt over things like that.

if trips all of these are shit

That's babby crypto, it just has pretty pictures. Actual crypto is way harder and boring as shit.

Well it is cryptography by definition, but the degree of knowledge it takes to solve most of it isn't anywhere near as acute as, say, cryptography that requires a deep knowledge of math and computer science. Although there was one puzzle in Fez where you had to translate a subtle (almost imperceptible) binary message to hexadecimal, then to ASCII. And the final puzzle that took the community weeks to solve was legit enigma-code levels of insane.

>tfw try to get into Ulysses but feel like i'm missing so much
Seems like the sort of book that requires a Phd in English to fully understand

The Bibile isn't art, it's a religious text.

I like you OP mayne

Ulysses is dope

>pet sounds is ulysses of music
>citizen kane is the ulysses of film

ocarina of time is shit jesus christ just stop

Jesus Christ you don't know shit about film

>The Bible
nigga have you not read any good fiction?

>shitposting
>not an art

>As a South African
What?

>putting ocarina of time along with those timeless classics

there are people who unironically believe this

Except it was legitimately revolutionary to 3d adventure games at the time

It's 2016 user

Literally everyone of Sup Forums hates everything on that list out of sheer principle

That book is boring. If I wanted to read about everything going on in a day of a mans life I would read Twitter.

Dude even if you are just trolling, think about the time you spent typing that shit out. Calm down dude its's just a music forum.

>Fez
lol
indiefags are cancer

>Terrence Malick

Book: underrated by virtue of the act that most people who pick it up will never finish it out of the challenge.

Album: underrated because most people think the beach boys are no more than chintzy pop tunes and refuse to listen to the record. They made a better record than the Beatles ever did, despite most not considering the Beach Boys to be "the greatest rock band of all time"

Movie: Citizen Kane is incredibly overrated, and called the best movie of all time mostly by people who a) have never seen it, or b) have watched it so they can say "I've seen the best movie of all time." Seventh Seal, Seven Samurai, Ugetsu Monagatori, Chinatown, The Godfather, Blue Velvet and Metropolis (to name a few) all have more impressive editing and more sophisticated storytelling than Citizen Kane. Maybe great during it's time, but absolutely not the greatest film ever made.

Game: A childhood favorite, and one where every element of the game comes together so well that it's hard to imagine others that achieve the same level of gestalt. The music, art direction, sense of exploration and combat are top-notch. Not my favorite game of all time, but certainly up there.

>Fez
At least Dark Souls is an actual game

Ocarina of Time is not an example of good game design

Go home Egoraptor

>Ocarina of Time
>not Oracle of Ages and Seasons

He's made of pure light, my friend. He eschews narrative to give us something that appeals to our aesthetic and emotional senses rather than any internal storytelling criteria we've constructed over the years.

But I can't hate you for not liking him. It's not what Terry would want.

autistic mario-shirt wearing baby right here

End ur life

thank you for alerting us of your arrival

Is Citizen Kane really worth watching if I've never enjoyed any movies, including classics like Casablanca?

>video games
>art

This

Honestly it wasn't all that revolutionary, but it was incredibly well executed.

>video games
>film
>pop music
>art

Do you guys consider Fez to be a platformer?

I think it helps if you know what you're looking for in each classic - what makes it stand out against other films. Citizen Kane used sets and photography like never seen before and stands up today as one of the finest in the field of cinematography (ignoring the stock footage at the beginning)

a shitty one

videogame is by FAR dwarf fortress

All of them except Zelda, I played for about 10 minutes at a friends house and got bored.