Godspeed

Which version of this should I listen to? Which one is the favourite?

The vinyl release or the CD release?

The vinyl one is like 37 minutes and the CD one is like over an hour

bump

Vinyl version is the best, but CD version is good too.

which is the one people usually mean when they post this album?

I would say most people prefer and refer to the vinyl. There isn't an extremely large difference between the two though.

thank you so much

How can anyone prefer the vinyl? Maybe it's just because I listened to the CD version first, but to me at least, it has better production, with pretty much everything else that's important is the same.

Completely incorrect

I prefer the vinyl version but missing the first 10 minutes of Providence is quite a large difference especially since it's the shit.

CD

The CD version is objectively better. It has about half an hour of more more music than the vinyl version does.

which should I listen to first?

Half an hour? Have you ever listened to the vinyl version or do you just go by the track names and think Providence is 29minutes that are missing?

CD, then vinyl.

I've just seen more people talk about the vinyl version and say they like it more than the CD. I haven't listened to the CD version in a while so I had forgotten that there was that large of a difference though.

You fuck the original length was all the great stuff then the CD version adds more shit that wasn't needed. Most of the time LESS music is better.

OK, 21 minutes. It's been ages since I've listened to this band and I forgot to account for the 4 minutes of silence in the CD version.

Then why are so many of my favorite parts of the album not on the vinyl version ?

So CD first?

The vinyl version has infinitely more music since it has a locked groove

Listen to the vinyl version first, it will give you a better appreciation of the CD. It's also more chronological that way.

CD is much much better. Vinyl is really good too but the CD is the superior version.

CD

actually the vinyl version never ends :^)

CD is the better version. Anyone who says the vinyl version is better is objectively wrong because Providence is the shit.

However that should not deter you from listening to the vinyl version though, it's still good for what it is.

Listen to both my man.

This. But as an unabashed fan of all things Godspeed, especially tied to F#A#, I isually opt for the CD.

Download the CD, buy the vinyl

The number of bullshit hipsters in this thread is triggering me. The CD version is objectively better in every conceivable way. When people talk about this record they are almost invariably referring to the CD version. Many of the album's best sections are absent from the vinyl and structurally it doesn't work as well.

literally everyone in this thread is agreeing with you

He's massively wrong. Their is a huge difference in track sequencing and audio quality between the CD and the vinyl. And, not only that, the CD version is the most talked about by far, 9 times out of 10 when someone mentions this album they're talking about the CD version.

haven't listened to f#a# in ages but decided it was time today (before even seeing this thread)
I don't remember why but i've always prefered the vinyl version

I count six people who don't.