Why do stoners like this guy...

Why do stoners like this guy? It's seriously the most boring shit I ever listened to in my life besides most of that pitchfork approved shit. Even when I smoke weed I can't take this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXSHSe9VyS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because he was the first to mix raggae and american pop. also he was important politically and social figure

>It's seriously the most boring shit I ever listened to in my life
you'll understand when you're older.

this, and you cant get any more
>WEED LMAO
than mob barley

>you'll understand when you're older.
then why are most of his fans 15 year olds who just discovered weed?

i had a bob marley phase when i was in my late teens early 20s but then i realized the same shit is boring

Bob Marley has become Mr. Weed Guy. Most of these stoners are kids who buy the stoner started pack when they hit up the spencers or hot topic. Usually most stoners I came buy (because I used to hang out with a lot of these useless fucks believe me) only know One Love or that other popular song of his. Now, I don't listen to him either because I agree its boring ass music and I was raised on punk and hip-hop.

I had one of those expeiences you only hear about in a meme where some guy had a Marley shirt was a stoner and thought Don't Worry Be Happy was Marley somg

Friendly reminder that 'boring' isn't valid criticism (^:

bob marley is a meme

What do you listen to, OP?

I thought it was horridly repetitive too, then, I listened to it stoned. It's perfect when you're high.

because they're supposed to

Because they are told to.

I'm afraid it is, bud.

Naw, 'boring' leaves the impression that the problem lies wit hthe listener, rather than the music.

He was a very important figure in Jamaican politics and culture in his day, that's why he's well known. Idiots just see the "one love" rasta colors and trust that he's weed jesus

How can you not like Jimi Hendrix?

it's just 70's pop music. It's basically happy music despite the occasional Redemption Song or whatever. As challenging as stevie wonder.

But the quality is there, just like stevie. just allow yourself to be in a good mood.

Most teenage stoners these days listen to memerap and can't even name an artist outside of rock and rap. There's much worst every level dudeweedlmao music then Marley.

can confirm, am 15 year old gril who smokes weed

Comparing weed Jesus to based piano man of blindness

I mean I know it isn't the most groundbreaking music ever, and I would never listen to it on my own. But when I'm with friends (usually smoking weed) it's just nice to put on for background music, good vibes you know. I just have a sentimental connection to a song like 'Three Little Birds' because of all the good fun I've had while it was playing.

Don't compare Stevie Wonder who actually made good listenable music, to Bob Marley

>comparing Stevie Wonder to Bob Marley
He might be blind, but your ass is deaf af

desu I dunno myself.
he doesn't even make good reggae.
youtube.com/watch?v=YXSHSe9VyS0

>it isn't the most groundbreaking music ever
Considering Lee Perry's breakthrough was as Marley's studio engineer, I'd say it is groundbreaking.

Shit Im 26 and I listen to meme rap while high, that shit is fun

When I'm drunk I listen to Nine Inch Nails. Last time I did that I reorganized my house while drunk

Scratch made groundbreaking music. Bob Marley didn't

>Scratch made groundbreaking music
Yes, but only because he had a connection to Bob Marley.

is this a cringe thread?

I don't know what would be more cringeworthy, that statement being a blatant lie or the truth.