ITunes bullshit

I have my music folder on my laptop and I have it all on iTunes, but iTunes makes a folder of all the files once they go into it, so I technically have 2 folders of the same fucking music. How can I just keep my music folder and not this iTunes Media gayshit.

>tfw you cant

Don't use itunes.

delete itunes

rec a good listening program?

Musicbee.

Looks pretty ghetto to me

yeah looks like shit m8

you change the default itunes media folder to your music folder in the preferences, you can also change it so it wont make a copy

Why not just keep the iTunes folder and ditch your other one?

Just make sure your library is consolidated and is set so that it copies music you add into the folder.

If I'm not syncing my iPod and am just listening to music from my PC, I use Groove. It seems faster and lighter than iTunes, and sees all of my iTunes folder music.

its better looking than itunes, much faster for big libraries, more features e.t.c

>better looking

Apple markets their products to look as minimal as possible.
Musicbee looks like a clusterfuck of unnecessary lists.

but it doesnt sync with ios, which is crucial for me bc i need music with me on my phone

compare them, only difference is my sidebars have my artists and genres, which is completely optional.
also the choice to pack more album art onto the screen is a customisable choice that i chose, that you couldn't in itunes.
thats why i still use both, and it doesnt copy any files over. I just have a musicbee directory, which I scan once in a while with itunes
(File>Add folder to library)

maybe in preferences you've selected 'organise my library'

Yea itunes looks better in my opinion

You can change that in the settings my man

mpd + ncmpcpp

can you make it show album art?

uh mediamonkey

no

couldnt deal with that ever

That's because you are accustomed to look at corporate, useless shit.

>Musicbee looks like a clusterfuck of unnecessary lists
you can literally change anything you want about it. mine is black with green selection rectangle. and i have different sidebars and my music is displayed differently

If i uncheck the box "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library", what will happen to my library. Will all the songs be marked as missing?

I just really want to keep my own music folder and get rid of that iTunes media folder. I tried deleting a song from the media folder and it shows the song as Missing even though it's in my music folder and it makes me find the file in my computer

There has to be a solution to this

Uncheck that box, delete entire library inside itunes, (but not from computer), scan actual folder for music.
its brutal but honestly going through all your music and finding the real files is boring as fuck, and you won't have to delete duplicate files.

I might have to do this, I'm just a little hesitant to do it because I have listened to a lot of my songs so it shows the # of plays, and I have playlists with 1000-2000 songs that took forever to make.

Probably the best thing is to get rid of my music folder and just keep the iTunes media folder

you win again Apple, you win again

good call
i switched to musicbee about a month ago
and it was painful to see my plays go, but my last fm keeps all of that anyway

dont let apple keep you using a worse player

I think my plan is going to be that the iTunes Media "Music" folder will become my new official "Music" folder.
Whenever I download an album, I will put it into iTunes, then back it up onto my external hard drive, then delete the album from my computer since it'll be in my new Music folder that updates whenever I add an album into iTunes.

Let me know if this works, want to free up some space but don't want to fuck up my 100gb library

here's what my musicbee looks like rn.

let me know if you like it OP

>he uses iTunes

well thats just completely awful
i do like the album covers all being right next to each other though
dont like those waveform bullshit things at all though

also size of genres upsets me, maybe try different ones (not personal )

all customizable amigo

ik, is me

Oh lol thought you were OP

Yeah the waveforms aren't the nicest to look at but I find it useful to give sort of a visual look at the structure of the song. Like its easier to move to a certain part in the track. Also it looks pretty cool for some tracks, look at it for GSYBE-Storm

What do you mean by size of the genres? Like how some of them have a lot of albums (IDM 79) and some have very few (R&B 6)? Yeah I'm not a huge fan of that either but that's how it is for my library lol

get what you mean about song structure, wish it was more simple and nice to look at it though, and when you mention GSYBE it does kinda look like that music map they made for skinny wrists.

I mean the font size of genres, could be fixed by putting more diverse music in library - thats ur call tho to listen to different stuff

yeah my genres will probably change in the future as they have in the past.

that's the nice thing about not-itunes, you can make it look however you want

You can just your music folder as your iTunes folder you retard

Explain please

Doesn't have to look like that but yeah, switched from iTunes to MediaMonkey and it's been smooth sailing since

You dont have to let itunes organize your files

I'm pretty sure I know how to make iTunes not organize my files, but is there a way to do it without all my music going "Missing" in iTunes

idk lol. don't use itunes my man

look at how musicbee can organize your files

everything under Naming Template like can be customized to any field so you can organize it exactly how you want it

choose your music folder as your iTunes folder and tell it not to organize it if you want

chicano

Ok, now if I delete the original iTunes Media folder, will it fuck up my library?

Goddamn dude why do you insist on using itunes, it's so shit

No

Well i got rid of my own music folder and I'm using the iTunes Media folder as the main one, and all the music still plays so it worked