It's actually very good

It's actually very good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccLW2Jb_lJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trannies aren't women. They're bad parodies of women at best.

How long should I wait until Sup Forums is ready to actually discuss the quality of the album?

You don't it's actually pretty mediocre. I think the issues tackled in it are important but not done very well, her vocals are interesting though.
>inb4 >her

None because Sup Forums is obsessed with women with penises

I am too but still

I'd say pretty good at best. Love the vocals
(mostly), love the production, don't care for the way the meanings of the songs are conveyed. The lyrics are way too obvious and one-dimensional for my liking, for the most part.

4 Degrees is a banger, tho. And Obama is the worst track.

Lyrics are too much of a barrier for me to listen/enjoy it, simply put.

Subject matter is approached in an incredibly crass way. Lyrics are pretty cringy, OPN and Mohawke don't really do their thing as much as they could. This album is only receiving this praise because of our current political climate and the way that modern day institutions of criticism are geared towards progressiveness as opposed to actual substantive evaluation.

This, absolutely.

Vocals are kinda nice I guess, but then even generic pop music has technically talented vocalists, too.

The music itself is nothing special either. You would think with OPN and TNGT on this the beats would be amazing, but they were weak it's essentially generic pop but in a minimalist song format.

I don't usually give much importance to lyrics but I guess they were kinda cringeworthy, too. But really for the most of it I don't like the album because it's weak ass music rather than because the lyrics are shit.

>Obama = bad

Am I a cool political songwriter now guys? Please give me BNM.

why would you expect an opn album? it was obvious this was her album

OPN rec me her album, honestly i didn't even known who was this guy

i'll discuss it with you right now

>cool beats
>OPN didn't try very hard, it feels like hudmo gets way more 'screen time'
>antony has a great voice but it can be overpowering
>lyrics are awful across the board and nearly ruin the album, "obama" for example is a great track with a really nice eerie melody but the lyrics are so bad you can't help but laugh
>gets sluggish in the middle

5.5/10

>guy

>gets sluggish in the middle
i feel like this happens with every antony album
some tracks are 10/10 but she can't put together a solid album for the life of her
one of the most frustrating artists out there, the potential for a truly great album is there but for some reason it never goes right

imagine an album filled with nothing but songs of this quality
youtube.com/watch?v=ccLW2Jb_lJM

my mistake, sorry
*girl

i find her debut to be pretty solid all the way through

Nice song. Any recommendations on albums by Antony & The Johnsons?

anyone got a link for the crying light? nothing in archive

imo the vocals get a bit too much towards the end of that one. and how upbeat the last couple of songs are rounds the album off terribly

i am a bird now, the crying light and the live album turning
my personal favourites at least

i can guarantee you it's on soulseek
download it and you'll never have to ask for links again