Seeing the trend, Nvidia has recently started placing restrictions on its downstream graphics card partners...

digitimes.com/news/a20180313PD204.html

>Seeing the trend, Nvidia has recently started placing restrictions on its downstream graphics card partners, forbiding them to publicly promote cryptocurrency mining activities or actively sell its consumer graphics cards to miners, the sources said. Nvidia hopes to shift its main sales target back to consumers in the gaming market, the sources added.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Attached: NV-GF-GTX-Game-Ready-logo-RGB.png (2060x1365, 101K)

Cool, but why? They can make more money from cryptoniggers than from gamerfaggots.

So they can sell special mining cards for more money. It's like the whole datacentre thing.

Miners won't buy speshul cards with no resale value.

Probably referring to geforce gtx line. Rumors coming out they're starting crypto line of graphics cards, like how quadro is separate from geforce for workstations

>promote
>actively sell
Nothing will change then

Why are people hating on miners?

Because you are all greedy cunts fantasizing about getting rich quick at the expense of others enjoyment and contribute NOTHING to the betterment of mankind.

>contribute NOTHING to the betterment of mankind
Let's be honest here, neither do you or I.

No argument there. But I stilll hate miners.

t. deluded Nvidiots

You prefer they support crytoniggers????

They will if that's their only real choice, either that or they just won't mine.

Because they inconvenience me, and that pisses me off.

Attached: Creepy_Dance.jpg (300x292, 55K)

They tripled GPU prices.

>trusting rumors
Deluded.

Because they drive prices through the roof, encourage the adoption of malware like JavaScript coin miners and use more electricity than the country of denmark.

>So they can sell special mining cards for more money.
Miners will just buy the cheaper non-mining cards with the same performance.

Because they're in denial that it's all just Ponzi schemes

They are afraid of a crypto crash that causes miners to flood online shops with used cards.

This, it happens over night, at that point gamers will be all they have left, they can't risk losing the market to amd or consoles aka amd.

>inflate price of PC parts 2 fold
>to farm monopoly money
gee, I don't fucking know, maybe because you """""""""""'people""""""""" are at the same level as Chink WoW gold farmers.
Well no, maybe one step belove them since price of vidya gold is more stable than cryptos

>gaymers, commercial and research institutions grab all the graphic cards they need for years
>prices rise only because of inflation

>miners get their hands on it
>everything is suddenly 2x the price

>They will if that's their only real choice, either that or they just won't mine.
Either way, everybody wins.

>Why are people hating on miners?

Cryptocurrencies are a pyramid scheme. It is a waste of natural resources, creating NOTHING in return. It is literally unproductive. It drives hardware prices up for no real reason. Miners don't add anything to society except for another speculation bubble.

Crypto miners aren't brand loyal, aren't buying after a bust and aren't interested in any of Nvidia's other products. A gamer might also want to buy a Shield to go with their GPU or a g-sync monitor. A crypto miner would not.

Gayming is a waste of natural resources, creating NOTHING in return. It is literally unproductive.
FTFY

BASED
can't wait to sell my 1070 and get a new gen 2070

Gamers are a constant and reliable source of cash.

they gamers can't afford AMD cards, AMD almost had a winning run with the RX 580 until mining, now Nvidia can eat up the gaymer card market 100%
it will be a new utopian age,where Nvidia leads the way in how games are meant to be played

Because when bitcoins bubble bursts they'll stand to lose a lot of money/market share. Or whatever I ain't an economist.

My most reasonable idea is they want to keep the gamer market since they're more reliable buying whatever for every game release. And perhaps miners don't give a shit about what manufacturers think about them and gamers are sensitive.

>was about to get a new graphic card
>this mess happens
I hope cryptocurrency explodes like a nuke.

Because it's a scheme with no real value and a literal drain on the economy.

Nvidia spends a shit load on things like gaming driver development and their game partnership programs. If they can't sell those GPUs to loyal gamers then they can't get a return on their investments and Nvidia can't depend on miners for future business because miners aren't loyal and could completely disappear tomorrow leaving Nvidia with nothing to show for it.

If bit coin worked,you'd see usd priced in btc, not the other way around.

because you're a fag

Attached: S_2018-02-23_183743_boards.4chan.org.png (814x288, 78K)

Because it's bad business to abandon the people who make up the core customer base that your company relies on.

keked at this

Nvidia is using this as an excuse to further segment their product like and strip computer out of their GPUs forcing this into higher margin segments. It is a big misstep and a cash grab that has nothing to do w/ cryptofags. They could have taken steps to address them specifically but didn't. 2 more weeks. They've already made one major misstep w/ their Partner program. Lets see how many more they will make in an effort to whore profits.

Attached: eye.jpg (750x563, 61K)

because nvidia is sticking to their roots. they are a artificial intelligence and gaming company not a cryptocurrency company.

Fuck cryptoniggers. The last card I bought died quickly because it was a burnt out piece of shit. They're even repackaging crypto cards and selling them as "new" (when they have custom firmware on them.) Have to wait till the end of the month to get the same 5 year old card from a buddy who had a spare.

> roots
> Artificial Intelligence
LOL, wtf?
Their roots are as a graphics processing company. Graphics processing is highly parallel and thus influenced their architectural approach leading to CUDA which became a compute platform. Highly parallel compute was applied to rendering/etc long before optimization algorithms came along that were also able to exploit it. What you are saying is that Nvidia intends to strip out the compute from its GPU and nigger another segment of hardware at higher premiums for 'professionals'.. This is 'artificial segmentation' and it is a big misstep.

Attached: 1520895659249.jpg (370x361, 41K)

Nvidia couldn't give a shit about their "roots". They just see cryptocurrency for the massively-unreliable market that it is, with the potential for it all to go up in flames at a moment's notice. If/when that happens, they're left with no customers, since the cryptoniggers will be busy hanging themselves in the basement.

Dumb gaymers will be around forever and will always want new hardware, so pandering to them makes sense. For now.

le pyramid meme

Attached: 1515427009509s.jpg (211x239, 6K)

>when the bubble bursts

Attached: 152.jpg (728x640, 500K)

>gaymers are the people who have been supporting their company for decades and will continue for decades to come
>cryptoniggers would gladly sell off all their cards and never buy one again if their extremely volatile market goes south
Gee I wonder why.

countries must ban cryptocurrencies
it is the only way

>Cool, but why? They can make more money from cryptoniggers than from gamerfaggots.
Wrong, first they are purely designers of chips and researchers, they sell their gpus to partners who make the actual gpus so to them it doesn't matter if it's going to gamers or whatever. But they also don't want to shit on their loyal customers aka the neckbeard gamers instead of the neckbeard miners.
And considering how they are pushing into the enterprise segment with AI research, etc.
They will soon be making more money from it than consumer gpus anyways.

In Short you're thinking of the wrong kind of neckbeard.

Gaming facilitates the transfer of actual currency.

Look up Ethereum for starters.

Your safe space is this way user

Attached: 1497326243438.jpg (226x225, 10K)

They will be forced too. eventually they will no longer be able to use the cards they have because of complexity increases they would have to keep adding more and more older cards (increasing power costs and ROI time) or buy mining cards.

rumor is the new 20X0 cards will be mining cards.

Its driven prices up in a market that has always had pretty constant pricing structures and pretty good stock after (always understocked) launches.

I'm also salty because I handwaved BTC when you could get thousands for a dollar.

>creating nothing in return
Mining is a way to secure the network and make sure no fake transaction goes through. It's not perfect, but it's good enough and forks are a thing. There are other algorithms like PoS and PoB. This is just the beginning, cryptocurrencies are objectively better than fiat money. Fiat money is absolutely fake. You have no choice and you just trust the government and banks and institutions and whatever, they can do whatever they want. You have no control at all.

because nvidia sells the chop to the card makers,

if the chip is sold for 200$, thats all nvidia makes, no matter if the gpu is sold for 201$ or 1500$, nvidia sees no extra money.

the money you see nvidia gaining from miners is 100% down to more gpus being sold, not being sold at higher costs (this is a factor, but gamers and miners are in the same boat here)

>any chance of it working at all

lmao

I could see Nvidia writing firmware that detects mining and slows the card down to be unusable. Then they'll tell the miners to get quadros, which won't have that shit.

The same company that released 'mining' cards without I/O, fuck this pathetic excuse for a company.

>The same company that released 'mining' cards without I/O
>He thinks teslas are mining cards.
topest of keks, the absolute state of the buttcoin & Co. enthusiast.

Attached: 14-132-041-TS.jpg (640x480, 41K)

it also gives people joy and happiness, so there's that. some people are so damn optimistic about the blockchain contributing something to society, but it costs so much energy to run I don't see how it's worth it. cryptocurrency can fuck right off