Daily reminder that $4k pro machine has to have the entire top assembly and battery replaced if a speck of dust gets in...

Daily reminder that $4k pro machine has to have the entire top assembly and battery replaced if a speck of dust gets in the keyboard

Attached: 1u8ttz.jpg (846x534, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook Pro 2016 Space Bar Removal/102586?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=5yZsc6JnFcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apple can't make good peripherals to save their lives. The current mac keyboard isn't just awful to use, the slightest bit of moisture destroys the whole thing. And I'm not talking about a soda spill, a pea sized drop of water is enough to break the whole thing permanently.

You know you can just NOT use official Apple KBs right?

Hell, there's already iMac Pros bundled with MKBs.

Attached: zRScOf4.jpg (3322x2076, 786K)

I don't get it. Why would the battery need replacing.

Because they need to replace the entire top palmrest and the battery is glued to it in such a way transplanting the old one is not feasible for the regular apple tech

>and the battery is glued
Yeah, duh, how else should it be held together?

A user accessible locking system like any decent laptop?

You made that up.

personally, I don't see what wrong with duct tape - it's the best of both worlds - don't require extra space like a modular battery would, but is still fairly easily user replaceable.

They don't want it user replaceable.

If you can fix it yourself, you aren't going to buy a new one.

How do we use the soyboy's nature conservation to make tech companies make modular products again? It's obviously bad to have to replace more pieces when one is the issue.

>They don't want it user replaceable.
This.
Apple is fighting the "Right to Repair" movement in state legislatures across America. They are joining forces with other companies, such as John Deere. This is almost a subscription service, where locking in the customer to making an entirely new purchase of a computer the "subscription".

MEGA GIGABYTES SON

niggas pocket watching so I got to keep the rocket.

Why "breadcrumb bois"? Why not "breadcrumbs"? Is this humor?

Yeah, it's part of a meme.

Attached: EtxXIVy6Te6EwQPfh32Bh-MAmVp8Xdb4BjZyrRZSHTM.png (273x363, 91K)

I perspire to be this smart

Imagine being this cucked by apple

It is a nice looking set up
t. someone that doesn't hate people with more money than me

reddit baby talk

MACTODDLERS BTFO

> remove keycap
> clean bread
Also, if you eat on your laptop, you're a disgusting degenerate.

Attached: itsOver.jpg (1920x6540, 993K)

And now they patented water resistant keyboards. So, in the end, it's all good.

>remove keycap
user...

>> remove keycap
>implying

???
pt.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook Pro 2016 Space Bar Removal/102586?lang=en

>space bar
>difficulty: moderate

This. My entire keyboard broke because of a bit of sweat from my palms/fingers.

> ifixit's difficult: moderate
that means fucking easy.

also:
youtube.com/watch?v=5yZsc6JnFcQ

>else should it be held together?

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x270-review-bridge-battery-01.jpg (1600x1200, 306K)

buh buh buh you can't afford it, you're just jealous, apple has courage, I want to ingest Tim Cook's semen.

Attached: 1491319732540.png (578x712, 38K)

I love NASA.

Office people get Macbooks.
Cosmonauts get Thinkpads.

We really need a Free Hardware Foundation.

Pffft, you can just buy another one poorfag.

I'm diggin' the color scheme but many that thing is clunky and ugly as shit.

Yeah it's humour for 12 year olds where they think adding the same word to everything makes it instantly hilarious, the same people that think everything becomes 10x funnier when you add swearing.

Daily reminder apple will replace your device with a brand new one if you present it with any faults whatsoever they can't fix the same day
>couldn't calibrate my broken iphone screen after replacement
>get a new iPhone
>no need to buy iphone 8

I don't add swearing to make anything funnier ever, it's literally how I speak in real life (around other tradesman- not so much lecturers)

so instead of using the bottom half of the laptop, you instead are forced to use a different keyboard and different mouse because if you use the one attached it will destroy the machine?

in what fucking world is this a GOOD solution to the problem?

>being a contrarian faggot
Cool for you

I spilled coffee on my macbook pro and it's fine

Attached: 080.jpg (550x633, 32K)

Just like 4channers adding cuck or soy to their sentences?

Attached: image.jpg (206x224, 6K)

>he uses an iTrash

Daily reminder that Applel users aren't the only faggots on Sup Forums, i.e. (You)

shut up le (((soycuck)))

what keyboard is that?

It's styled after the original Macintosh keyboard. So it's basically for hipster retrofags.

At my workplace various coworkers had their macs destroyed beyond repair for spilling a glass of water on the table, not even on the computer directly, but the water reached the computer.

I spilled water countless times on my shitty generic $10 keyboard I have plugged to an HP notebook and still works flawlessly.

>iToddlets will defend this

Apple really needs to remove that last port and close off the vent.

>remove that last port and close off the vent.

Attached: 1503963222064.png (686x955, 469K)

Attached: 1465410922288.jpg (195x233, 12K)

>comparing a shitty keyboard to a $4000 beautifully put together mac

>comparing a beautifully put together keyboard to a $4000 piece of shit chinktrash mac

How did Steve Wozniak let this happen?

Jobs forced the company to announce the product, and all its specs when they only had 3 non-local all prototypes, and a mock up plastic case. Between production issues, heat, and unrealistic goals, it was a huge flop.
A year after it was discontinued Wozniak left, tired of everyone's shit.

>try using my masterkeys pro m with a Mac
>the numpad doesn't work at all because macOS doesn't support numlock

mactoddlers have defended this

It's a 3D render.

you can tell by the women and pajeets that no one in that photo does any real work

fat

>overpay for premium applel keyboard
>don't use it

>premium
>applel keyboard
Literally worse than $2 chinkshit.

Attached: 1508866850230.jpg (662x777, 132K)

Yeah, this is bad, I had couple of keys get stuck because of dust, thankfully mashing the key and blowing with some canned air fixed the problem.

My warranty expires in couple of months, and if a key gets stuck after that, I'm left with $700 repair bill. Should I just sell this trash and get the patrician's 2015 MBP, Sup Forums?

>patrician
>macshit chinktrash

Attached: 1491937801556.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

Fucking shillpads need to perish. I spilled bear on my 2017 Macbook Pro and the thing is still running solid. Stay jelly chinkpad cuck.

>i got fucked in the ass by deshawn
>should i hook up with tyrone?

Attached: 1500986810417.png (636x727, 137K)

tribs of trudh

as if chinkpads are better, pwm and shitty QC is hardly optimal. Besides there's no way I'm downgrading from that gorgeous 16:10 screen to some pos widescreen 1080p display. I'd rather get fucked in the ass by tim cooks throbbing homepod than damage my eyes looking into the abomination that are thinkpad screens

>$40 brand new on ebay
>Came with brand new battery (Hasn't exploded)
>Motherboard just werks
>Swapped keyboard for nip one so I have an extra in the closet for use any time
>Trackpad just werks (And no reports of common breakage online)
>1920x1200 display

>Botnet free

Attached: Aesthetic_Librebooted_W500.jpg (2136x1424, 1.84M)

>mactoddler complaining about other products having shitty qc

Attached: 1516275695788.png (594x648, 152K)

also know as the machine of choice for school shooters

Not an argument

This
We bought one of these for a developer who spilled soda into it. Mac store wanted 900€ to fix it. Took maybe an hour to make a tool out of an old credit card and pop out each effected key. It sucks wiping down every corner of the frame, but the thing was hardly dead.

Talk about how the thing feels like absolute garbage when it's fully functional, you don't need to make shit up.