How fucked i am money/salary wise if i pursue a career in web development/design...

How fucked i am money/salary wise if i pursue a career in web development/design? I saw people claiming all around that they make about $30k a year and that shit seems so fucking low compared to other fields that i am considering (video editing, motion graphics, vfx). Is it really that bad? Or am i missing something?

Attached: 53235253.jpg (3888x2592, 3.15M)

>Is it really that bad? Or am i missing something?
Nah, it's really that bad. Web dev is oversaturated. All comp sci fields are oversaturated in general, but web dev is especially bad

Thanks user, are there are any close paths to web design/development that aren't so underpaid or is it all a downhill path in terms of money in the coding world?

This OP. That and webdev is fairly easy in comparison to other fields, so even a high salary webdev job won't make you rich.

30k is low for a tech job. I've intentionally avoided webdev because it's full of tryhards. It's basically a flavor of the week tech sector. Granted, it's good to know how to do it for troubleshooting and understanding webapps. But as a job? Nah.

don't trust Sup Forums at all please.

I'm a senior full stack dev (python ruby js mainly) and I make around $75k year working remotely from a country in Europe (where wage of 25k is considered mid-high)

livin' the dream, working where I want when I want

How come on reddit there are always posts of people landing a 6 figure job doing webshit before even graduating?

Is it true Python is the language that will help you get the maximum amount of $$$?

oh and I receive around 3-4 job requests a day (linkedin) so I won't say its oversaturated at all.

another false statement Sup Forums, what a surprise

What an enlightening post. It would be a shame if I were to... disbelieve it. :^)

nah, it's not a matter of language, I write Go py c# ruby php js and more so once you master one language it's not hard to switch.

python positions are definitely lots less than JS ones (I prefer js development tho) but when you find a decent one they most likely use python for data science.
If you happen to know ML + AI then you might score higher pays. But I've seen many full stack JS positions around 80-120k, I don't really need more money so I'll stay here as the company is quite cool

Web development is still growing and NOT over saturated, unless you live in a poor as fuck part of the country you can retire making six figures easy. I work with Web-devs all day and they make around 60-70k.

Survivorship bias.

>Every indian and their mother is a web developer
>sickening job sitting at your desk writing letters and numbers all day
>Soon to be done by an A.I anyway

Why would anyone do this

What kind of Sup Forums job do you think won't be done by AI in the future? And don't say "AI developer"

Graphic Design, motion graphics, video effecst artist Music producer, basically anything that involves some kind of creativity

clearly has no idea of what development or web development is about, another one to not listen

Enlighten us then

>All comp sci fields are oversaturated
Not if you are looking for competent hires.

This isn't true. You need to check certain areas with job search sites. You can make decent money. I know a friend doing full stack in philly and he makes 78k. You'll be fine.

This is first job/entry level.

Depends on what kind of webdev and how much experience.
In the US, Back-end and Full-stack devs can make idk like 50-90k depending on city/region (sometimes more if you have years of xp).
Front end might be a little less than that, but it really depends on if you're doing old-school front end (html/css/JS/jquery) or newer front-end stuff with React and other frameworks.

Regardless, if you are entry level and/or only have a year or two of experience, if you start out at less than 40k you are getting cucked.

Attached: jfi042398fbbsd.jpg (633x647, 41K)

This.
The worst thing you can do is limit yourself to being a typical junior/wordpress monkey.

Move on quickly past that stage into front end frameworks, or better back end like Ruby and Python. They're more specialized and there's less jobs but you'll get paid 2/3x as much for them.

I work in backend web development. I make 100k/year in a low cost area with less than 4 years experience. Whoever said they're making 30k is probably an html guru or a fucking cuk. Or maybe a filthy non-US person.

AMA if you want

what do you work on that allows you to avoid front end shit? starting to get pressured into front end and might need to make an exit soon.

also I'm fucking sick of all these shitty scripting languages being used for important back end systems; PHP, python, javascript, and the retarded web monkeys who can't handle a compiler or static type system. I regret turning my nose up at enterprise java after years of working with these morons.

Whats with the hate for front end

Working in tech is not the lucrative career everyone makes it out to be. You have to be good, and furthermore, experienced. Tech is a meme now, and everyone and their mother has gone to a 30 day camp because they think it's a golden goose.

Do you have the original pic?

kys

dead board

nah i deleted the original pic after I shopped Sup Forums and dragon dildos onto the lcd screens

Attached: 1452387180581.png (9126x9285, 1.97M)

I'm coming up on my 3rd year out of college and I make $100k programming in a fairly low COL state.
The only web dev meme that gets you $30k is being a fucking WordPress cuck

Sad.

If you know how to create a decent website and you know JS,Python or C# AND you know how to use Photoshop/Illustrator and do Motion Graphics you will be set for life.