MADVILLAINY

What makes it so great? Not that familiar with hiphop -- why is it praised so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU
oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/motive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because suburban white bois need something to stand for.

Fisrts post best post

Fuck off

It showcases a zany rapper doing what he does best with a zany, eclectic producer doing what he does best. It's an album of superb, near-perfect performances. It's not really "about" anything or a concept album but some of the tracks are story-oriented

If you think the two men who made this album are not talented you should probably just go listen to another genre

Absolutely killer beats, absolutely killer rhymes

Enough said

Yeah, I don't need to sit here and explain the production, but the rhymes are special and it goes under the radar for some people.

Check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU

Explains a bit about Rakim's rhyming and MF Doom is a terrific example they use to show how far hip hop has come since the former changed the game.

that video belongs in a cringe thread

Madvillainy is extremely overrated.

Listen to Food or Black Bastards if you want to see his prime material.

Wow, love that video. Guess I'll have to check out some music. Thanks

Yeah, just like shitposting is good music discussion...

Why? It's accurate to the process of creating lyrically dense music, which at this point is the only thing that can make it respectable to any genre outside of rap, as it is arguably the most lyric centered genre. Whatever though, that's just my autism speaking isn't it.

>motive
Jesus fucking christ I stopped watching there. Getting two similar words confused is understandable, but if you pronounce motive in any way like motif, you are retarded.

That's a valid alternative word for it you autistic dunce.

not it isnt. and im not an autistic dunce.

you are an autistic dunce and i suggest buying a dictionary

Okay, keep acting like a recalcitrant child just to rile me up then. oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/motive

Must be a limey thing

;)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
>In music, a motif About this sound (pronunciation) (helpĀ·info) or motive is a short musical idea...

Quit being an autistic dunce.

>or motive
>or MOTIVE

okay, no more taking the b8, m8

Nobody, and mean NOBODY, uses motive like that, at least on this side of the pond. Also, vox is clickbait cuck garbage so i wanted to catch them on something.

it's cringe cause breaking down rhyme schemes like that is the exact same autistic thing i did in high school and I hate myself

because the supermotherfucking villain gripped the mic with an iron hand and put other mc's from the fire on to the frying pan.

How else are you supposed to study hip hop music? Or is hip hop music not "worth" studying?

The target audience is r/hhh people so it may come off as cheesy but its a good video

The production.

>Or is hip hop music not "worth" studying
when was this every implied

hip-hop isn't music

The villain been spittin enough lightnin

listen to it more