The eternal hipster

The eternal hipster...

Attached: .jpg (2125x1573, 346K)

i dont own or look anything like that AMA!

There's not enough dried cum & finger shmutz on that keyboard.
But it does look comfy af

w2c that keyboard?

Shit, that describes me to a T.

>genuinely superior technology is "hipster"

Attached: 2 cool 4 u hipster board.jpg (1530x1125, 142K)

fuck
>tfw fell for 3 out of the 6 memes
>tfw going to get a CRT monitor, model M, and record player soon as well

still I'm pretty sure this isn't soy tier, soyboys like to post on social (((media))) and shit for attention. maybe a soyboy who liked this stuff would post it on his fagbook or whatever

>he thinks digital is better than analog because muh new tech

1. Superior sound quality
2. Collectable
3. Exists in the corporeal realm
4. Can be sold
5. Make great frisbees
6. Pleasant psychological effect of owning plastic discs
7. Reproduces the actual recorded wave rather than an interpretation of it
8. Better dynamic range
9. Wider frequency response
10. Perfectly reproduces the pops and clicks CD and digital can't capture
11. Muh warmth
12. Isn't sterile and doesn't smell of disinfectant like digital does
13. Did I mention superior sound quality?
14. Infinite sound resolution
15. Digital = Literally Hitler
16. It's literally the only way to listen to music if you're serious about music and not just a poseur
17. Enjoy listening to digital on your $1 store headphones (or maybe your $20 skullcandies if you're *really* extravagant) and your phone
18. Objectively superior sound quality

Attached: 1487399511297.jpg (1536x1028, 334K)

Cons:Shitty sound quality, degrades over time and with use.
Pros:Audiophiles are the biggest suckers, you can actually sell these to them at a high price.

Your problem: It is not better, that is why it is hipster.

>Collectable

Attached: (PNG Image, 201 × 250 pixels).png (201x250, 5K)

I can relate.

Attached: IMG_0116.jpg (3264x2448, 1.15M)

>windows 10
just the cherry on top

just

i suppose the "ritual" of putting on vinyl might make the music more enjoyable than playing a digital file.

wheres your thinkpad user

>thinking film belongs with other consumerist fads
might as well put oil painting or fucking sculpting in there too faggot

Attached: leicam4.jpg (2739x1826, 2.26M)

i think itd be some hipster linux distro like void or something like freebsd

>compares his ability to point and press a button to people who can paint or sculpt
Stop being full of yourself.

>treasure hunting and enjoying anything that isn't the latest consumer product is wrong and you should be shamed

>Wangblows 10
>Discord
Nope, you're 100% a normalfag. Just fucking kill yourself desu~.

Attached: 1442969481175.jpg (840x700, 368K)

>t. underage faggot

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 27K)

I pirate all my music so if i want to give an artist money i buy physical copies. I listen to lofi anyways so the quality's not a concern.

The Model M is godlike to type on though and IBM Thinkpads are genuinely built better than equivalent laptops for the price - for $100-300 you can get a well made, durable shitposting machine with a nice keyboard and trackpoint or a shoddy consumer laptop with shitty trackpad/keyboard. You have a point about the other shit.

>thinks that pointing a camera at a thing and dipping them in some liquid is the same as high art
No, kill yourself for real if you think that photography is anywhere near the same level of talent. I'm not even saying that it is a bad hobby or anything, I like photography and love looking at pictures of landscapes and shit for hours, but you have to be one delusional fuck to think it requires the same level of talent and dedication as classical art.

>he doesn't know that painting in the 1800s was literally tracing photographs
embarrassed for you bro

Model M

just because it's more accessible doesn't mean its less dependant on talent and dedication senpai. There's only so good you need to paint before you hit a ceiling and branch out creatively.

Attached: matissecutout.jpg (2000x1999, 987K)

I never said it wasn't as good due to accessibility. I just mean that good art requires a hell of a lot more skill than it does to be able to hold a camera and hit a button. Because the "drawing" part is basically done for you. All a good photographer has to do is mess around with contrast or colors, finding the right angles, etc. It is a neat hobby, but in sculpture or art you don't get to just pop out a baseline picture or sculpture and modify it like you do with photography. So, photography just requires less skill. It's art, but to put it on the same level as classical art is being ridiculous.

>Superior sound quality
Anyone who believes this is legitimately retarded and doesn't understand basic spatial concepts; you lose resolution as the needle moves inward, because there becomes less area for the sound to be stored. To make an analogy to digital: vinyl records are a like a CD whose bitrate continually decreases with each and every subsequent song, because although RPM remains constant, angular velocity does not.

Attached: Patchouli.Knowledge.full.682562.jpg (900x1249, 760K)

Everything is mastered digital nowadays you nigger.

Film exposure is much more complicated than that, especially full frame cameras which are full manual only (at least not without blowing 10-15 thousand dollars). Likewise photography film largely isn't made anymore, so it's not consumerist trite in the slighest because it's impossible to collectathon different types of film as it was twenty years ago.

You forgot to add that it sounds better