People who put hideous cases on their phones are literally the same who would cover their shit in plastic...

people who put hideous cases on their phones are literally the same who would cover their shit in plastic. you're buying an item and still not enjoying it at its fullest, also how fucking hard is it NOT to break your phone.

Attached: sofa-plastic-cover.jpg (512x384, 15K)

Really easy after you put it in a case.

>>m-m-muh fashion accessory

people who wash their hands are literally the same who would never go outside or open a window. you're losing time and still not living at your fullest, also how fucking hard is it NOT to get sick

I do it to retain resale value. I've had my S8 Plus for a year and it doesn't have a single scratch. It will allow me to get the most return for it possible. Also my cases has rubberized grip on it so I can set my phone on the dashboard and it doesn't slide around. Plus I work at a repair shop that sells cases so I get them dirt cheap. Also not all cases are big and ugly

Agreed

>buy something only to look forward to sell it again
that's just sad

I'm not crying when I get more return on my investment than you do

If I were given the chance, I’d also put a case on my brand new car.

>Too lazy to post the can of clear protective sealant for car.jpg

>he doesn't go outside

nigger a phone is a tool not an extension of yourself don't get so attached. I buy phones with the intention of selling them before the manufacturer warranty is up. That way just in case anything shits out I can have it covered under warranty. Then when warranty is up I sell phone for most of what I paid as it's still only about a year old then get a new phone with a fresh warranty. Caring about what someone else does with their phone is what's actually sad user

My Italian grandparents did this to their couches. Like they were waiting for Mussolini to show up at any moment.

I don't have my couch in my pocket when I'm out hiking dipshit.

I'm a clumsy fucker
also the shitty screen on my lg g5 literally falls out if I don't keep a case on it

>mfw keep phones until they die
>mfw keep cars until they die
>mfw stingy with decent income

i hate consumerists

if i get a scratch, i just don't care. in a few years i'll get a new one anyway.

>perishable, degradable asset with a planned obsolesence date
>investment

That's why I just say fuck it all. No house or car insurance has saved me thousands.

This is why I prefer aluminum phones, they don't need ugly plastic around them to be sturdy.

Shit tier investment, you'd be lucky to sell it for half of what you initially paid even if it's completely scratch-free.

I didn't mean it like I would want to keep a phone forever. being this jew about possessions is genuinely fucking pathetic. counting your dollars and checking the calendar every month. if you don't have the money don't buy it. i bet that old woman who covered that sofa in plastic also thought she was being the smarter one taking care of a sticky ugly ass sofa, guess what, it's still an used ugly ass sofa. you don't "invest" in consumer electronics you fucking morons

Oops dropped my phone teehee
Oh no it scratched the metal body
Oh no the edge of the screen is chipped

My case makes my phone more enjoyable to hold. Glass and metal looks nice (at least most people seem to think so, I like look of the "polycarbonate" lumia phones nokia used to make a lot more), but feels worse than plastic. If someone would make a phone like this but updated and with a decent OS I'd use it without a case.

Attached: nokia-lumia-1020-camera.jpg (1500x1000, 67K)

The industry is moving towards glass back designs, looks prettier, but, it's god awful to the touch compared to tradition metal. Much more prone to slipping, more brittle, it's almost pure necessity that you have some kind of protection nowadays

Drank too much at the terrace with my pals.
As i was leading them downstairs when they were leaving, my cellphone fell two stories to the ground.
I don't know what happens to iPhones when you drop them like that normally but mine survived just fine, mainly because of this little trooper.

Attached: image_6546160.jpg (2198x1737, 811K)

>mfw blackberry classic
>mfw decent weight, high grip back rubber

I refuse to believe you've never dropped an object in your entire lifetime.

>he is not enjoying his phone cause of a case.

Literally the case does nothing for a cpu, and gpu to reduce performance.

Attached: 10_100.jpg?itok=slp3QO7A.jpg (1858x1045, 130K)

didn't buy my phone for aesthetics in the slightest, and I expect my phone to last me another four years at least
really, I'd possibly still be using a Galaxy S3 if the charge port on it worked properly (too much hassle to go get it repaired, decided to indulge myself and upgrade)

Funnily enough, you should get sick less if you're not crazy obsessive about hygiene.

I use a Dbrand skin to protect the sides and back, and a plastic film (FUCK those glass ones) to protect the screen. I still drop my phone 1-2 times a year, but it survives and looks brand new.

Attached: phone.jpg (1407x789, 63K)

consumerism at its finest everyone
bring on the fucking asteroid

Attached: 1520063202336.png (624x950, 705K)

>dbrand skins available for z5
>not xz1c

come on.

>iphone survived two story drop
what the fuck is that case made out of?

I don't know. I have a rubber/plastic case on my phone with thick corners so it is protected and does not look super-ugly. I kinda don't give a shit how it looks in a case as long as it protects my phone and does not obstruct view or makes using the phone harder. Phone is black, case is black - it all goes together in a way.

And it is super easy to brek your phone. If you are dumb and don't use a case. My coworker got a shamsung S8+ and she uses that fancy flip cover with display and backlit keys. It is all this case does. It does not protect the phone at all. So she now has a brand new S8 with a broken glass and it is not worth it to replace it xD

If you have an expensive device you should always have case for it. Shit, I even bought a leather pouch for the cheap Creative ZEN back in a day.

Attached: 9hq[1].jpg (500x500, 144K)

Cars are also depreciating assets user, does that mean there's no point taking care of your vehicle and keeping it clean to maintain resale value so that when you do sell it you get more of your money back? That's not called being a broke jew that's simply being efficient. I want to think you're trolling but sadly it seems you're actually serious. All that aside I prefer the way my phone feels with a case on it vs without a case. It's as simple as that and if I didn't I likely wouldn't use a case. Just because you use a case doesn't mean it has to be an otterbox defender bulky piece of shit and it doesn't even mean you drop your phone. Some phones just feel better in a case, not everyone cares about muh aesthetics

What if I actually want to see the case, and the 256GB iPhone X is just a filler in it?

why do you prefer plastic screen protector vs glass? I hate the way plastic screen protectors feel at least with glass it feels like your actual screen. I don't use a screen protector but if I had to I would only use glass

I work at a phone repair shop and we sell cases and this old lady loved this ugly ass bedazzled case so much but it wasn't for her phone so she actually went back to her carrier and downgraded from her new iPhone to some old piece of shit in order to get the case. I tried to tell her it was a bad idea but she insisted

Someone made an observation months ago that really stuck with me; on top of being very thin and wide, modern smartphones are just plain slippery as shit with their use of smooth metals and glass with no defined features to really get a grip on. I noticed this when I got a new phone afterwards, before I put that thing in a case I was holding on to it for dear life as it legitimately felt like it would slip out of my hands if I got distracted or became inattentive.

I used to feel this way about cases aesthetically speaking, but nowadays I just go with vendors that provide their own branded cases that stick to the design and don't look bad at all.

I wish I had bought a case. The metal frame of my phone is getting darker from all the holding.

Thats actually true when I worked in retail for a year I came into contact with people constantly and didnt get sick once.

for me it's pretty hard because i'm a turbo autist who has a bad habit of throwing around his phone a lot. like i don't mean throwing it at shit i just like doing weird tricks with it, it's like flipping a pen around or something. i have gotten quite good at it

This I can recommend

Attached: ffb40694427e9ce5e32d32ed7d51.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Are you me? whenever I have something in hand I have to throw it once in the air and flip it

Got myself a lg g5 lately, and while I enjoy its sleek metal body it was totally impractical to everyday use, too slippery and too thin. Cover was necessary.

cars are different since some can actually be counted as classic.

>applaud cell phone manufacturers for ditching removable batteries to make their phones thinner and lighter
>buys phone and adds bulky case anyway

Attached: 1466645878621.jpg (250x250, 10K)

>buy thing only to use it
>consumerist!!!!!

Attached: 1519080834813.jpg (247x109, 12K)

>phone
>keeping it clean to maintain resale value so that when you do sell it you get more of your money back
You're one of those idiots that wait until "peel before use" screen foil falls of by itself

Attached: image_5626.jpg (455x455, 26K)

fpbp

Attached: 1373799213615paintme.jpg (640x426, 86K)

>muh immunity
If you could effectively eliminate all dangerous germs you wouldn't get sick at all. So, you're wrong.

It's not a fashion item you colossal retard. Why would I NOT put the most protective case on my phone.

this
turns a aesthetic/10 to fugly/10 phone

my wagecuck m8s literally put thick screen protectors and ugly cases on flagship phones in iphone/samsung/oneplus. if you plan to replace it anyway every 3-8 years theres no fucking point

I will buy a more hideous case just to trigger you even more

Attached: 1518179581508.gif (320x240, 1.39M)

BUY MORE PHONES the post.
Accidents happen, we're all people here.

Your diagnosis : Trash hoarder (hobo)

This has to be the most true thing I have read all day user

I have not once broken a smartphone in the 8 years I've been using them. I don't use cases.
Also you don't have to buy a new phone, replacing the display is not that hard if you're not clinically retarded.

>comparing phones to cars
sure man like that's gonna prove your point