No /sqt/ thread?

Let's get it going

Attached: memetime.png (300x140, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

randomword.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computing)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/100739
amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB3S2SAT3CB-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do i learn how to do sysadmin sht

Any resources would be great

Lynda.com has almost everything

setting up a ddns. does it matter what computer IP I use?

How do I make a remux from a BDMV?

Is it really ask a stupid question day?

transferring my question here, pls help

Do you think Stallman actually believes most of the bullshit he says? Or is it just IRL shitposting at this point?

Your public IP. Do not set your ddns to point to anything beginning with 192.168.*, 10.* or 172.16.*-172.32.*.

makemkv

Are there any keyloggers that are discreet to not be picked up by an AV? Preferably one which can output the logged data to a third party such as an e-mail?

Was thinking of trying out Spylantern but I am reluctant to pay for a product I would only use a couple times for very specific purposes.

VERY STUPID QUESTION
looking at nvidia and their actions recently to have a much stronger grip on the GPU market, do you think they will succeed? lets realize that many will simply not care and keep buying 1080 tis for mining.

Attached: 1445778064294.png (454x453, 73K)

Download HWMonitor, CPU-Z, and Furmark. Run the CPU-Z stress and check your CPU temps in HWMonitor.
Run Furmark (which will show your GPU temps right on it).
If either gets above 95C stop the benchmark.

Most probable is that your CPU is going into cripple mode because it's getting too hot.

Alright. And it can be the public IP of any always on computer in the network right?

ordering equipment to upgrade my laptop HDD to a SSD. planning to clone my OS using a USB to SATA cable. does that supply power to the SSD with no additional cables needed?

All machines behind a router that does NAT share the same public IP. You can verify this by googling "what is my IP" or going to ipchicken.com on multiple computers.

thank god this thread was up cause this is probably a dumbass question

So, speccy says I have 16gb RAM installed, but Windows says I only have 8gb. What did I do wrong?

Attached: wow.png (496x106, 4K)

What does your BIOS setup say?

Does the cable have a separate power connector on the SATA end (or is it a really wide connector)? If not, then no.

was checking usb of mine and it has a Backup_Restore.file on it and can't for the life of me remember where it's from
anyone have any idea?

Says I have 8148mb of usable storage

Then Speccy lies. You have 8 GB.

I am super fucking shit at programming and want to learn Python for basic scraping shit. How can I learn without getting the worst blanked mind feeling? Is everyone else total shit when they first start because none of this is clicking, literal brainlet tier

That's weird. I had 16gb earlier, then I moved my shit to a new case now it's only recognizing 8gb.

Maybe one of your sticks is loose. Turn off, reseat all RAM, boot back to BIOS and see what you have.

does this mean anything? Did the russians hack my ram into virtual ram?

Attached: sdf.png (434x592, 18K)

GUYS HELP
I HAVE A MASSIVE PASSWORD LIST AND I LOST THE PASSWORD TO MY 7Z ARCHIVE
What programs are there that let me try every password in my list? I'm pretty sure it's in there but there are too many passwords to try manually
I've got some documents I need to use for a project in there
I've used rarcrack but that only supports brute force and that is unpractical

Attached: gethelp.png (424x210, 38K)

how do into programming??

when connecting a usb 3.1 header to a usb 3.0 front i/o header, will the front io be usb 3.1 speed or 3.0 speed?

I hope someone will take this stupid question seriously.

Built a new PC, fresh Firefox install
I can't get Appchan X to install for whatever reason, even if I add in the file manually

>wants to be a hacker
>doesn't even know how keylogger works
Damn dude, are you dumb?

Post CPU-Z Memory and SPD tabs. What does it say for each slot under SPD?

Hey I switched the RAM around and it works again! No idea what happened but I'm very relieved. Thanks for being so cool anons

Look up evil maid attack
Get a hardware logger

Have a goal in mind, a project of sorts. You MUST have an end game otherwise learning a programming language will be needlessly difficult.

Care to provide anything insightful? Or are you just going to default to "You're a dumb bum bum head" because you have nothing useful to provide?

Unfortunately, hardware logger is not feasible. Looking to get valuable info from a buddies stolen laptop to see if we can fuck with the thief. We may just resort to a RAT, just curious if there are more discreet methods.

And how do you intend on getting the payload on the target?

I was like you. The first reply to you is correct. Have a project. If you use reddit, you can make a simple reddit bot or something

follow sextdent's guide on youtube

We already have an IP and FTP communication. We just want to see if we can get an email address of the thief or other incriminating things they may provide via an internet connection. We have reason to believe no attempts were made to remove any software.

Is there a bigger meme in website design other than infinite scroll?

>you cant right click on this webpage
>NOT AT ALL

Is a 1151 cpu cooler mount the same as 1151v2

My grandmother needs a laptop and she has a budget of $250. She prefers a 15" machine. Do any of you have any recommendations?

Cool Thanks user

Is there some way i can get random words at the press of a button, with the wordbank being the entirety of the english language (or something close to it)

randomword.com/

>$250
>15"
Nope

Can anyone explain what are threads for a brainlet? And why we can't have a higher thread count per core, say 2 cores 8 threads for example?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computing)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

You can have a higher count, but there are diminishing returns, and you can even have negative scaling.

So I've been having this weird issue with my dual monitor set-up for quite awhile. Occasionally the second monitor will randomly disconnect for about 2-3 seconds, and then turn back on. Sometimes it happens once a day, sometimes it can happen multiple times within a few hours, it just depends. It's not really too big of a deal, but it does get annoying.

The primary monitor is connected via Display Port and it never goes off, the second monitor (the one which disconnects) is connected via DVI-D. At first, I thought: "Oh, ok. It's probably just a shitty DVI-D cable." But after switching same shit happens. I then tried doing it via HDMI, but still get issues. After about a year of this I just plugged it into my mobo's port instead of directly into my GPU, and then the problems went away completely. The only reason I stopped doing this is because I was noticing an unnecessarily large strain on my CPU whenever I was doing shit on my second monitor. So. Yeah. Any ideas?

Do you have the additional power pins on your gfx card?

Mathfag learning OS theory (in the vein of Tanenbaum), just read
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/100739
explaining why WINE is not an emulator.
My question is: would it be correct to characterize WINE as an interpreter, and why (or why not)?

Yes.

amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB3S2SAT3CB-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84

This one. Looks wide-ish to me compared to a typical SATA port.

I ghettoed together a 7z cracking script for my password list. Rate me
#!/bin/bash
file=$2
while IFS='' read -r line || [[ -n "$line" ]]; do
7z x "${file}" -p"${line}"

done < "$1"

yeah figured
only options in this price range are plastic junk
meh

This only generates obscure words

Judging by the way he acts he is autistic enough to believe what he says, Either that or he is a really good actor.

annoying little fuck ran some stupid script on some half-ass thing I built for a client 2 years ago.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 10.43.54 PM.png (974x858, 371K)

I did this half-ass shit. Do you think I'm opening up a can of worms?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 10.46.28 PM.png (1638x786, 201K)

What's going on here?

is this flacs' sauce a retail cd or an mp3, what do you think?

Attached: spectrogram.png (944x593, 314K)

some freelance gig from 2015ish emailed me about their thing getting spammed. Check db. See that shit. Made a couple arrays of any uniqueness about them and just return TRUE if any future submissions match it with a lame message. see here: Want them to go away but I think they'e going to take it as a challenge and then i'll be in over my head because i'm an idiot.

why poke him?
Why not just display an error message?

In Linux, how can I update software built from source?
Do I uninstall the previous version, or can I just compile the new build?

Attached: 10589812_t.gif (200x234, 2.05M)

That looks like a lossless source, but would you mind throwing it up on a hoster real quick for confirmation?

because i've been drinking and had to dig for passwords. you're right. just going to return false with the credit card number declined error code shit.

Just inform her that she will have to put forth more money to get a system which would have any semblance to reliability. Even if solely for jewbook browsing and solitaire.

nice try Sony
ur ain't gettin mi ip :^)

yes

How do I stop writing shit code? I understand good practices but I feel like >adhd contributes to a ton of "stupid mistakes", I always mess up dumb shit.

>real brainlet hours

Attached: scream.png (400x416, 176K)

>how can I update software built from source?
by building the new version and installing it
reinstalling or upgrading just involve removing the old files and placing new ones
you don't uninstall in the sense that you manually uninstall then install the new one, but that is what is happening when you upgrade things

take a day or few hours and revisit it before showing people. god your autism is infuriating.

Is it safe to install Windows 10 on a disk with an existing GPT partition table? I'm afraid Windows is going to be stupid and wipe out my EFI instance of GRUB and the GPT partition table.

are all VPNs created equally? for example my work uses securelink but it would be a pain to get that on my home computer, can i just get juniper or no?

Im getting the right values in my debugger and its pointing to the right addresses but for some reason when I want to add these values in a print statement, its a bunch of garbage. C btw.

idk where its wrong

Never mind. Im fuckin stupid. Was trying to run a int on a float value in my print statement

use openvpn

it will.
you need to install linux after windows.

Fuck. Is there really no way to get around that? I see conflicting sources that say I should be fine as long as I boot the Windows install medium via EFI rather than Legacy, but that makes no fucking sense to me.

Can someone link the last /sqt/ thread please?

>you cant right click on this webpage
I usually take that as a challenge.

I have three monitors, one of them keeps going black and needs to be restarted to get the image back. When it turns black the power is still on and the pc is still detecting it, I've changed cables and power supplies and I'm certain its an issue in the monitor itself. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it to turn black every few minutes even though the image is fine on restart?

sort -R /usr/share/dict/words | head -n 5
Gives you 5 random words.

Your 5 words for the day:
$ sort -R /usr/share/dict/words | head -n 5
indeterminate
lenses
therapeutic
enhancements
preinitialized

Depending what she wants to do, a Chromebook may be a good option. Some low end machines from Acer and HP look pretty good too.

Some of the Acer Swift line have an I-wanna-be-the-Macbook shell that feels reasonably sturdy while still being around your price point. Some even have a 1080p screen and still under $300. You do make some sacrifices:
>Celeron N3350 - it's a piece of shit that only eats like 6 watts combined between CPU and GPU, but it's enough for most everyday web stuff
>battery not removable, but generally lasts 5-10 hours depending on model
>RAM not upgradable
>eMMC instead of HDD or SSD
But come on, at that price point it's basically a throwaway when it gets outdated. It does run Windows 10 quite reasonably though, is super slim, is really lightweight, and lasts long enough on battery.

Or of course look for used and refurbished stuff on ebay, especially if she doesn't mind it being a bit bulkier and worse on battery life. You'll get more processing power this way though.

I'm guessing retail CD.

It will leave your GPT itself. It'll show you a list of partitions, and you can add/delete partitions there. --Note, changes apply immediately.-- I generally just point it to the run of free space I want it to install in, and let it do its thing. It won't touch your partitions, and it'll make the ones it wants: MS Reserved, System Reserved, C:.

It WILL kill your GRUB, so back that up or otherwise be prepared to redo it.

Kik freezes when I open any chat. Sometimes I can see the chat but most of the time it's just a black screen. I have Xposed I don't know if that causes the issue. Anyone experiences something similar?

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1520199326657.jpg (600x600, 139K)

also you can build with PREFIX=~/.local if you have ~/.local/bin/

1. What is this time format called ?
2018-03-13T18:24:20Z
2. How could get the name of the specification without asking in /sqt/ ?

Things to do with a 2GB flash drive that I got for free?

How can I make a static ip with iproute2?

> ip add 192/24 dev eth0
> ip link set eth0 up
This works but how do I make it the default?
I tried to use .bashrc but it's a root command.
Do I need to put it in .initrc?

Does it override /etc/network?

I recently ran my biweekly Malwarebytes scan (this time with rootkits), and after a while, the computer crashed during the scan.
I tried again with just the rootkits and then cancelling when it finishes the section, but did not detect anything. However, about 20 minutes later from this scan, it happened again.

I suspect that my RAM is at fault as setting them to their best timings causes the computer to eventually crash shortly as well. Any experts on this?

ok found it ISO 8601

Just started uni. I'm dual booting W10 and ubuntu on my computer

When I tell my profs that, they all say "why aren't you running ubuntu on a VM?"

Are they memeing me? Does no one dual boot anymore?

reduce voltage by 5% or so and run memtest86 on linux on the multi runs over night and if it doesn't crash than reduce the voltage by small incriments till you are able to get the highest clock with the lowest voltage.

Make sure you have good temps too or else throttling could be another issue.

Are there any good VPN's that are free to use or is it a prerequisite to pay for a VPN now-a-days? Asked many threads through the course of a week with all replies being "YOU'RE A DUMB DUMB POO HEAD" and "FUCKING KILL YOURSELF HACKER SCUM"

Losing hope. If anybody could do me a solid that would be splendid.

I'm too lazy to grab linux, but I might be on track with my RAM issue becuase sometimes shutting down my computer will cause Waterfox to throw up a memory error.
I'll try memtest86 some other time. Thank you.

mullvad or whatever for torrenting.
Ipreadator for hacking.