The AMD vulnerability hitjob was a stock manipulation scheme

The AMD vulnerability hitjob was a stock manipulation scheme.

reuters.com/article/us-cyber-amd/after-short-selling-surge-israeli-firm-says-it-finds-amd-chip-flaw-idUSKCN1GP273

Attached: DRJBQdfX0AEr7gx.jpg (480x231, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZZ7H1WTqaeo?t=16m43s
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing
safefirmware.com/CTO Letter.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're allowed to play the market based on publicly available information you know, retard.

>short sell stocks
>make fake news to manipulate stocks
>completely legal

lolok

Haha it's not like people would do illegal thing r-right?

Racism isn't welcome outside of Sup Forums

It's not fake. They researched the flaws and shorted the stocks as they released their findings, which is perfectly legal. Please grow out of your AMD apologetics. This site is 18+.

Fake news and fake jews

The flaws they researched are fake

Sure, which is why they've been independently confirmed.

Literally fake news and fake flaws.
>You mean if someone has root access they can do bad things?
Shocking vulnerability there.

Get out jude.

Attached: jewish_speedrun.jpg (1488x932, 733K)

>fake flaws

Attached: droolin_joe.jpg (500x500, 28K)

t.schlomo

Whack CPU with a hammer, oops, new flaw.

Nothing they said is untrue, it's just tantamount to saying "RED ALERT RED ALERT WE HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THAT SUNLIGHT CAN CAUSE CANCER." Sensationalist and somewhat deceptive, yes. Illegal? No.

0.000,000,6 shekels have been added to your account. Keep up the good work!

No, it's like finding out that cancer also makes you impotent.

A better example is "criminals can get into your bank account, they just need physical access to your credit card/account number/security questions. 3/4 needs elevated admin, the fourth needs a custom BIOS flashed. At that point you're fucked regardless, so it's a big nothingburger.

>They researched the flaws
In a single evening.

>somebody anonymously emailed him a draft of the report at about 4 p.m. on Monday. The firm spent much of the evening analyzing the situation
>get anonymous email at 4pm
>spending "much of the evening" analyzing it
>go public the next day

No, it would be, "After they get into your account they will forever have access to your account, and the only way out is to pay $1000 for a new one.

Or tell the criminals to stuff it and just reflash your bios.

If they've got elevated admin or the ability to flash a fucking BIOS, you're screwed regardless of hardware.

>pay $1000 for a new one
We talking about shintel now? Ohkay.

Wow. I'm so shocked. Who the heck coulda seen it coming?

you can ignore politics and just follow tech news and reach the same conclusions as Sup Forums.
Semites truly are a special people

Why would you sell stock anyways, people would have to replace their processors.

>For the attacks to work, an attacker must first obtain administrator access to a targeted network, Guido said.
If hacker gets administrator access, don't you have bigger problems to worry about than malicious code uploaded to your security chip?

>if you run my chrome-plugin on root I can do bad things :^)

:O
W-W-WAIT YOU MEAN / CAN REAL /proc LOGS AND MY HOME DIRECTORY!?
YOU MEAN THEY CAN WRITE OR DELETE ANYTHING!???
THEY CAN RUN ANYTHING!???
INSTALL ANYTHING??!?
OPEN ANY NETWORK PORT!??!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEE
VULNERABILITY!!!
HACKER!!!!
REEEE
AMD INSECURE!!!
MELTDOWN
I TOLD YOU AUTISTS!!!
AMD HAS MELTDOWN REEE!!!

The whales fucked them anyways.

Attached: Screenshot_20180314-000610.jpg (1080x2160, 355K)

Another vulnerability is that you can abuse their requirement for a vendor-signed drivers by getting a vendor to sign your malicious drivers and then installing it.

I doubt they were dumb enough to actually short

Viceroy and CTS-Labs sketchy beginnings.

youtu.be/ZZ7H1WTqaeo?t=16m43s

CTS-Labs around 9-minute mark

It's just shows that stock games are idiotic...

Dumb AyyMDrone

Does deleting system32 folder makes windows vulnerable?
Big if true.

Attached: 1519022478622.gif (540x652, 694K)

>Israel
Was Sup Forums ever wrong?

no shit

My hatred toward jew got triple, Hope amd join force with Nvidia to kill intel

Attached: 1520089684550.png (306x306, 112K)

> New York-based cyber security firm Trail of Bits told Reuters that it had verified the findings from CTS, which paid $16,000 for a review of the AMD vulnerabilities.
> “These are real security issues in AMD code and processors” that hackers could exploit to manipulate or steal secure data, he said.
>For the attacks to work, an attacker must first obtain administrator access to a targeted network, Guido said.
Literally in your article.

> requirement for a vendor-signed driver
Only on Windows.

>an attacker must first obtain administrator access to a targeted network

literally nothing

>Guido
Haven't you had enough cocks up your ass and mouth yesterday, you fucking dumb imbecile? Guido is a literal "who?" who got caught redhanded smack dab in lies and was rekt yesterday. Fucking stop already, you fucking cretin.

> a rogue employee can use backdoors in SP to install a malicious code which can be accessed for an indefinite amount of time, even a full reinstall won't help
> literally nothing
> yesterday
Imagine having so much free time that you can visit Sup Forums every day.

Adored is gonna have a field day with this one

Attached: 1312474713861.jpg (500x453, 34K)

Nvidia is as bad as intel. Actually it's even worse, at least intel tries not to fuck the experience for end user.

lmao that's fake news

That's different. In this case they made up some "cyber security" firm with stock photos as office and had that release a total bullshit report. Laws vary by country so it's hard to say how legal this is in Israel. It sure ain't most places.

>It's not fake
Get real. Yes, if you are in front of a computer with unrestricted physical access then you really are able to flash the BIOS with your own malicious variant. This is what they have "discovered". It is like saying Dell laptops are insecure because I could hit you in the head with a baseball bat and run away with it.

>If hacker gets administrator access, don't you have bigger problems to worry about
Exactly. Or to put it differently, why would you need any additional attack or exploit once you're root and you're in a position to do whatever the hell you want anyway?

Hitler was right

I bet they were in the midst of a 5 year short of AMD, hoping Ryzen would be shite and that the company would go bankrupt.
Now they have to do this silliness to win back some of their losses.
You shouldn't have invested with emotion Yitzakh

Attached: 1383386818608.png (210x230, 4K)

honestly ayymd deserves all the shit it gets from this
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing
at least, this vulnerability means that you could potentially replace that firmware with something more to your liking, like pi-hole or something

>israeli
imagine my shock

>>(((65095572)))

>imagine shilling for shintel on a chinese cartoon board everyday

That's what you want to think.

Attached: 1520956712864.jpg (626x657, 81K)

LinusTechTips weighing in.

Attached: DYNA2ofWkAArYvO.jpg (671x1024, 127K)

Subscribed.

17:39 LOL Savage Steve jumps in

Pretty obvious it's right in their legal disclaimer

Attached: hmmmmmmm.png (1226x431, 344K)

Does he browse Sup Forums?

based LTT, I didn't know he's an intellectual after all.

>makes a good point
>then proceeds to shit on security as always
Daily reminder that linux kernel developers don't care about security.
The masturbating monkeys meme comes from that.

Hey Rabbi, what'cha doing?

Why would you think that?
He's responding to Mark Anderson.

sums it up nicely

Attached: c056e90a-b810-4dd0-9044-354d2ac2d206..png (2560x1600, 1.45M)

>an online correspondence with mark anderson precludes someone from frequenting Sup Forums

Attached: 313.png (209x97, 18K)

you think genuine anti-zionism and anti-judaism is racism? Fucking imbecile, Jewish is racism against non-Jews. True opposition to Judaism is unity across religious and ethnic borders based on individual quality.

watchya doin' rabbi?

they're literally israelis tho

get a load of this semite

No, if they just reflash your BIOS, you can in the worst case just replace the BIOS chip, a $1 part. Whereas if they reflash the otherwise inaccessible memory inside your CPU or chipset, you have to replace the CPU or motherboard, which are far more expensive.

The majority of people, whether consumer, hobbyist, or enterprise will just replace a board if the bios is compromised.

It's definitely an exploit (if it's actually real), and AMD should definitely patch it since it's not working as intended, but I don't think it's a huge concern. Just kind of a moot point.

safefirmware.com/CTO Letter.pdf

really jogs my noggin

>but I don't think it's a huge concern
I agree, but inaccessible flash memory being part of complex, expensive components is a real concern. To the extent that these things need microcontrollers at all (they shouldn't), they should either boot off the external BIOS chip, or contain actual ROM.

This really bothers me. They almost have a reasonable argument at first. If they notify the public and AMD at the same time that vulnerabilities simply exist, then the public can be made aware without having the exploit out in the wild for malicious actors to use. Great.

The problem is, what's my course of action if I'm an AMD user? Switch to Intel, I guess? Why would I spend the money to do that if a patch is coming? How does this help me?

What makes it worse is their 24 hours until full disclosure. So, okay, I'm an AMD user, and I've been notified of these exploits, and you're going to release full technical details and POC in 24 hours. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Just shut everything down and not touch any AMD machine? And I supposed to immediately run out and buy Intel hardware? It's just not practicable. God forbid if you're in some kind of server environment and running Threadripper or something. Have fun replacing a bunch of fucking enterprise hardware in 24 fucking hours.

It's a piss-poor cover story and it doesn't make any sense. Either they're still just trying to jew, or they're actually fucking retarded. Considering they paid a PR firm to set all this up, I'm still gonna go for the former.

>or enterprise will just replace a board if the bios is compromised.
Not true, on some enterprise boards they have removable BIOS, so they can order IC from mobo factory.

Oh and the "durr all AMD products are fundamentally insecure" shit at the end continues to make it clear that this is all politically motivated.

Attached: 74b.jpg (252x291, 29K)

Attached: 1511386856262.png (454x685, 115K)

If I shot you dead on the street and dropped a knife by your spasming body, it would be considered legal.

Reminder that youR an autist

It seems like they backtracked on that to "not releasing technical details at all until the problem is fixed" which makes this whole charade even more pointless.

Their findings literally are : if I steal your computer from the table I can easily whack it with hammer and destroy it.

Its made me feel like intel vulnerabilities are worse than I thought

What is it with the amd pajeets on this board?

Journalists and financial analysts do market manipulation all the time. It's legal and only illegal if there is no base for an accusation, but in this case there is and you dumb tards screaming "fake news" Have no ideal how news works

Attached: 1499402834005.png (500x303, 67K)

In other news, water is wet

Preparing to short stocks just before releasing news of a "vulnerability" and then cashing in is literally insider trading.

Attached: image.png (994x818, 645K)

Pretty sure that conflict of interest punitory measures haven't been lobbied away for digital security like they have been for journos and economists.
Just because an economist can publish a paper funded by the company he's promoting doesn't mean a security firm can do the same thing.

Because digital security is actually real, unlike most of "the economy", which largely exists as an abstraction to simplify how the real world effects businesses.
Which means people other than jews have an interest in it, like the glow in the dark niggers, who need to make sure no one finds out they are the center of most of the narcotics trade.

Attached: Intel Wojak 02.png (552x661, 288K)

The fake news and this thread by OP is an intel diversion and manipulation scheme.

This, desu. No root or physical access required. I'm seriously considering throwing my Intel machine in the trash or removing the network cards.

Meltdown also escapes VMs since it hits the underlying hardware directly.

Yeah, there's that, too. Fuck. Wasn't there a patch for Intel in Linux? Maybe I can swap this machine over to Linux and install Windows on my FX8350 computer?

gb2r