I have about €1000 to blow and I kind of want to buy a Juno 106, because you can get them for less than that...

I have about €1000 to blow and I kind of want to buy a Juno 106, because you can get them for less than that. Problem is that I also have a modular eurorack synth (nothing special, 1vco,1vcf,1vca,1lfo and some diy modules) that I want to "upgrade". My modular has much more "sound-options" but the Juno has a very characteristic sound that I couldn't reproduce with my modular (at leas ton my budget).
What should I buy Sup Forums?

Attached: juno-106.jpg (1600x1200, 230K)

>technology

Synthesizers are technology. What else do you think they are?

Just get an Alesis V61 or similar and some software. Dedicated keyboards are obsolete.

*downloads your $1000 synth for free*
*uses extra $1000 for something actually worthwhile*
nothing personnel

Attached: tal-u-no-lx-v2.png (795x551, 86K)

I hawe this exact one. And while there is probably not THAT big of a difference soundwise, it is still something different to turn the knobs physically. TAL sounds good, but I want the real deal.

Thats not an option. The thing about analog synthesizers is that everything "lives". It sounds different depending on temperature afe, selection of components and so one.

muh knob feel
muh crusty/crackly sliders
muh gonna break in a year
vintage synths are a meme
save up and buy a matrixbrute or prohpet or something

Why on earth did you buy a eurorack? Was it because someone online said that it was Just So Tactile and you can Really Learn About Synthesis on one? I'm guessing you spent over a thousand bucks to build a single-osc monosynth lmao. Really ready for the EDM Producer meme to end

>Why on earth did you buy a eurorack?
Because 5u is too expensive for me.
And I wanted a modular because I really liked the virtual one by Arturia, and I wanted to build and use my own modules. Also I don't make music professionally.

Too expensive.
I want a Juno because I really like the sound of it.
If it breaks, Ill repair it.

I would probably opt for a Deepmind 12 over a Juno-106. The prices for these old synths has reached ridiculous levels, most haven't been cared for or maintained over the years yet the owners still "know what they got."
>EDM Producer meme
It ended years ago. Now it's all about posting 12 minute atmospheric pads to SC or mumbling over an 808.

You're not being realistic dude. Of course quick control of knobs and buttons will feel better and like part of playing the instrument that the sterile Environment of a computer interface.
Sometimes real word tactile objects are nice to use.
Everything is virtual shit these days.
And of course the keys on the synth will have their own feel too.
Maybe you'd prefer a haptic keyboard emulator on your ipad or something. so you can try do a cover of the Mario theme to send to your steam buddies.

>I want a Juno because I really like the sound of it.
Then get one. It's not like your modular is going anywhere, besides it's a 1VCO synth so if you're looking for a poly synth then go for it.

Waste of money in my opinion. Theres better ways to invest 1000 $ in

Sorry never meant to quote you with this This was meant for you user

lol k

Attached: Capture.png (435x119, 7K)

I also considered the Deepmind, it also sounds really nice. I might go for it. Thank you for reminding me it exists.
If I invested in my rack I could buy more oscillators. But I would still lack the chorus and filter, but there are module clones of that.
From an objective point of view you're right.

Not if you perform live. No laptop can provide the same ruggedness and solid construction.
You still need that shit for producing though.

t. touring musician

>No laptop can provide the same ruggedness and solid construction
skrillex managed

True. But then again Skrillex never dropped any of his synth equipment.

He only dropped the base.

>He only dropped the base.
and his career

Attached: 1492511744499.png (399x348, 317K)

He makes music for justin beiber and other pop stars. More money in it for him that way.

TAL is the shit, their emulations are near perfect, try their sh101 one

Take a look at elektron's stuff m808, their new digitone sounds godly

For like a year, realized it wasn't going to work and then switched to CDJs.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I dont like going through menus to adjust filter cutoff of something. I want to turn a knob and hear something different. The approach they chose just doesnt seem right to me. Thank you tho.

get one of the new Korg polys
>t. 9U eurorack + Juno 106 owner

which one for example? I am not that big of a korg fan (except the Monologue)
Also with 9u do you mean 3x 3u 19"?

Not really related - but can anyone recommend me a good, cheap 49-key MIDI keyboard?
I'm not going to carry it anywhere or anything, just fuck around in FL studio and play it whenever it's too late in the evening to play my upright piano.

whatever makes you more comfy