Does anyone have experience with Qt for X11?

It's frustrating that there's almost no decent documentation for it. Anyone know of any?

Attached: qt.png (2362x2362, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/libxcb/tutorial/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Qt
Garbage.
Roll your own with xcb instead.

Ha, I wish I was that competent. That was the original plan but I'm a shit-tier dev.

You're never going to learn with that attitude.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm reading [0] about it anyways, I just absolutely currently have no ability to roll my own solution, and the material, written by the XCB guys, instructs you to just go "Fuck it, I'm using Qt."

[0] x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/libxcb/tutorial/index.html

Yeah, actually rolling XCB or Xlib yourself is pretty hard and not what you'd usually want to do.
I had to write one myself, because I was in a situation where using a toolkit was not viable and I only had extremely simple requirements.
I can attest to XCB's documentation being pretty shit.

Do you have any idea how I should go about doing this? I'm at a loss.

What do you need help with?

Why does it need to be at?

Preferably, finding documentation on Qt for X11 that's a bit more descriptive/existant than the "Qt for X11/Linux" page I could find on Qt's website. It's fairly undocumented from what I can tell.

How about the official Qt documentation?

And what special do you need to do with X11? Qt is multiplatform

It just works.

OP must be a fucking paid GTK+ shill or blind. Qt ist extremely well documented.

At is proprietary garbage

>proprietary garbage
>GPL
???

Did you try reading their incredibly extensive documentation?

>GTK+
>paid
>having people who actually care about it

Pick one

Then can you link me the documentation for Qt for X11? I'm not coming up with anything. I use Qt all the time and love it, but there's almost nothing I can find here.

x11extras (QX11Info) is all you really need for X integration. Typically it is for grabbing a Display* and doing who knows what with it.
There's also windows mac and android extras too should that tickle your fancy.

Attached: Screenshot_20180315_001001.png (1920x1080, 266K)

Thanks!

Hm. That's weird, it's not coming up when searching for it. I have it installed. Any idea what's going on?

>Qt

Attached: stallman_nah.png (780x584, 807K)