Is it too late to learn to code and become tech savy even though I'm mostly tech illiterate at 21...

Is it too late to learn to code and become tech savy even though I'm mostly tech illiterate at 21? Like I know common shortcuts and just basic shit as to how to actually use a computer as much as any standard Sup Forums user, but I'm still just a wintard who doesnt know how shit works

Attached: natsuki_game_over_screen__cuphead_style__by_thegreatrouge-dbvfubw.png (1024x576, 1M)

No.

I'm learning right now and I'm 28. However I have a degree in Biochemistry and I'm using computer science to supplement that.

I hope not im 21 too and im progressing. Just go little by little, and dont drop it when it looks hard.

Too late? No, but it takes a certain mentality not everyone has.
Definitely give it a good wholehearted try, but keep it mind it might just not be for you.

At younger age that mentality can be learnt relatively quickly, later on it's a struggle.
Just something to keep in mind.

Absolutely not. First of all the pace of change in tech is so fast that you have to be constantly learning anyway. Second the fact that you are coming to stuff fresh means you aren't weighed down by years of outdated knowledge, not to mention the cynicism that comes from working in tech for a long time. You have a better brain on you for learning than someone in their 40s - go use it!

Oh another thing - tech is not magic - it's just stuff. Get the stuff. Look at the stuff. Try to do things with it. Don't give up. After a while it will start to stick.

That's all there is to it. Certainly helps if you love tech though. I've been fascinated by computers and tech since I was very young. I think computers are just amazing. You need to cultivate some kind of love for it if you are going to stick with it for the long term, I think.

no, it's not too late. It's also probably not as 'cool' as you're imagining it to be.

If you're good in mathematics you can have a good dev/analyst carrier, other else you can still become a webdev or a sysadmin before pajeet take all the job

what about working in cyber security

This guy I work with - he's 45 and started learning 3 years ago. He's honestly one of my favorite coworkers.

Anyone can learn with dedication. 21 is a perfect age to get into programming or tech in general.

>21
It's too late. Your life is over. Have you made funeral plans yet?

You act like 21 is old.

You can do it. I started about two years later than you. Just find some good books and do a lot of reading and write a lot of experiment programs to test what happens when you write certain things etc.

You may also want to start with a user friendly language, like python or some variant of basic, that would give you helpful error messages when you make a mistake.

Install Gentoo

Attached: lilly02.jpg (2934x2200, 342K)

>21
This number just keeps getting lower with every thread, doesn't it?

Attached: 698.png (287x288, 88K)

No.

>even though I'm mostly tech illiterate at 21
Too late, normie. Try McDonalds.

it's not late, I started at 21 as well and 4 years later I'm a very good programmer

If you don't have any responsability (children, debt, bed-ridden/disabled parent mostly) and have time to actually learn things then do it.

>le trendy but not triple A may may vidya gaem crossover
Coding's about high IQ for most of the time. Even if you learn a language perfectly with a low IQ somehow, your code's not gonna be efficient enough. So I don't recommend it for you.

How do I figure out if I'm too dumb for programming?

Where would Sup Forums recommend starting in regards to becoming tech literate, learning to code, etc.?

Attached: firefox_2018-03-13_05-30-43.png (649x197, 44K)

really that's like being too dumb to write. I'm sure those people exist, but they are very rare.

too late, you've lost all your brain plasticity. Learning things will be 10x easier for the freshies being pumped through college. You'll never catch up.

Nice meme