What's your opinion on Animal Collective in the 2010s...

What's your opinion on Animal Collective in the 2010s? I think a lot of their output has been severely underrated this decade.
Down There > Tomboy > Painting With > Oddsac > Centipede Hz > PBVSGR > Slasher Flicks

Centipede Hz is actually my favorite Animal Collective album after Feels.

Centipede Hz > Down There > ODDSAC > PBVSGR > Painting With > Slasher Flicks > Tomboy

where the fuck is sleep cycles pleb, better than literally anything on your list

>DECENT TIER
Oddsac
PBVSGR
Tomboy
>HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TIER
Sleep Cycle
CHz
Little Fang
Painting With
Down There

underrated.

a contender for 2015 AOTY

Sorry man, totally forgot since it sounds so much like old Anco, I'd put it between Oddsac and CHz

>Feels and CHz better than rest of AnCo
you have quite possibly the worst taste in AnCo i've ever witnessed

>Centipede Hz or Painting with better than Oddsac

Move Sleep cycle up and I agree.

ODDSAC is by far the best of their post 2010 output, but Down There is definitely my favorite solo AC release.

I'd put it on the same level as Down There, I just connect extremely strong with it, and this is coming from someone who came to the conclusion that he and Deakin (and Dan Deacon) were close friends at the end of a trip.

Idk about that but it surpassed Tomboy

Tomboy is mediocre.
Sleep Cycle is good but overrated.
Great album.

Production is terrible.

Panda I know how fun it is to work with your idol Sonic Boom but he keeps fucking up your albums.

>Down There, Sleep Cycle, and CHz
>bad

little fang isn't an album you idiot
enter the slasher house is the actual album
also your rankings are shit
sleep cycle and chz are miles better than tomboy or pbvsgr

Oddsac is great but I don't think it should count for their 2010's stuff, since it was recorded earlier.

In general, I feel like their solo stuff has outshined their group efforts in the 2010s. For Avey, Down There conveys the emotions of Centipede Hz much better, while Slasher Flicks pulls off the energetic rock style much better. The positive, fun vibe just suits that style better than the conflicted mess of emotions on CHz.
For PW, it's a bit of a different story. PBVSGR treads a lot of the same ground as Painting With, but it's more uncompromising stylistically and actually explores it's style more. PW is pretty homegenous, but PBVSGR is varied while still cohesive. I might prefer PW just for Avey's songs though. PW seems to me like it was a pretty casual project for the band, and would've been loved by fans if it had been presented that way, if they had just dropped it out of the blue on their Soundcloud like tjey did with New Psycho Actives.

I do see the 2010's as a bit of a lull in quality for them, but I don't think they're done for good or anything like that. It seems to me like one thing or another has stopped all their recent projects from clicking together and working as a whole, but they can still make great music.

I'd say my favorite of their 2010's stuff is the fan made album out of Transverse Temporal Gyrus' stems. The songs they put together to be used for TTG are very simple but very effective.

Hey, OP here, interesting post. I think slasher flicks and PBVSGR are really quite bad, but I definitely agree with your assessment of PW. It's just a really fun album, but I think a lot of people go into Animal Collective albums expecting something, I don't know, more. It's an unfair expectation, in my opinion. I like Painting With more than Sleep Cycle if for no other reason than that they really tried something new.

ODDSAC was the last thing of worth that Animal Collective put out. Sleep Cycle is the best Animal Collective-related project since ODDSAC.

2010 panda bear was pretty cute

When's the last time you listened to Slasher Flicks? I think it suffered from the exact same thing Painting With did, where people's expectations ruined the album for them.
Song to song I see it as a huge improvement over CHz, it would be great if it was shorter so that the effects didn't get drilled into your head and the high energy didn't get tiring.

>Slasher Flicks being last

Your ears are retarted.

It's a snooze fest.

Slasher Flicks is super underrated, it's like the regular AnCo sound but with more live instruments than samples. Don't see how people don't like it.