What does real hacking look like? Ive always been interested in it, im learning python and linux...

What does real hacking look like? Ive always been interested in it, im learning python and linux, it is a first step but im trying
>inb4 hacking intensifies gif

Attached: w4rnn868xp301.jpg (620x418, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-lockheed-f35/exclusive-u-s-waived-laws-to-keep-f-35-on-track-with-china-made-parts-idUSBREA020VA20140103
catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AcmaNJfRQf0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUU8bAVgx80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

real hacking looks like tricking people into telling you their password

inb4 watch mr robor
This. but mainly it is using different programms and comand prompt

>What does real hacking look like?
It's
>knowing shitload of very specific and scattered information and getting paid well if you are not an autist

best hacking is social hacking

I'm a very experienced programmer and linux user but I wouldn't have an idea how to start "hacking". It feels like you'd either need autism or be very lucky to come upon some vulnerability in a very specific environment/hardware

Dumpster diving behind the office, finding some list of names and emails and phones, calling or writing the next day saying you are the IT guy and you want them to install this new software.

Hacking is more like flirting than it is like programming tbqh.

but the people that hack banks and stuff?

>hacking
If we're talking about security research it's about systematically trying things or reading code to find vulnerabilities.
One of the easiest methods is fuzzing. Which means you bombard a program with random (or intelligently distributed) input and see if it acts inappropriately.

You hack banks by convincing someone working there to tell you something or install something.

Those other dudes are talking about social engineering, which is certainly valid. But there's also learning about how applications and OSes work at a deep level and learning how to exploit mistakes in design to gain unauthorized access--pic related.

I'm old and pedantic enough to remind you that this is "cracking", and "hacking" is more of a general ethos of learning and experimenting.

Attached: images.jpg (717x900, 59K)

even if you are on their computers you cant do shit they are completely locked down

Me fucking your mom

Since people started limiting what the clerk at a bank can do, bank hacks dropped. Coincidence?
Anyways, you can convince the manager too. Obviously I am not a hacker mastermind whatever, so I can't come up with a viable plan, but if you are just asking to write a novel or something, cut the connection for the computer, intercept the call to the cable operator, show up as a maintenance guy, install your thing and disable defenses, go home.

This photo is one my gf took of me when I was hacking a multinational corp

Attached: hacker.jpg (999x550, 43K)

Attached: lisbeth.jpg (600x356, 29K)

most of it is phishing
some is knowing really specific information
the rest is fucking around until you find something wrong

shit like heartbleed or any escalation-to-root vulnerabilities were likely found by fucking around

Most network security is just cat and mouse busy work for well paid IT consultants. Oh yeah, they've got 512 bit encryption?...We've got 1024 bit encryption!?!? Get rekt Chinese hacktards !! LOLLL

A lot of it is not even at the coding level. For instance all these Chinese hardware chips have backdoors built in them that are very difficult to detect.

The most genius one was the one that had an interrupt in the MB that just transmitted the actual keystrokes of the users keyboard. It didn't matter if the computer had 10000000000000000 bit encrpyption, some gook in China just read all the actual words typed on the keyboard and analyzed potential passwords. i.e., "usenet$3^^&81892_rt" was most likely not a word used in day to day communications.

Northrop Gruman lost a LOT of tech to the Chinese based on that one.

kek

Attached: 137d29f1d5e33479b4a7b2f1357cebe8.png (600x506, 420K)

From what I gather from reading the dude who manages haveibeewned, most of the “big” hacks were just done by running normal security tests for stuff that was fixed ages ago and then using the fully docmented easy to exploit vulnerabilities.
And also looking for stuff that’s out in the open.

In other words just go after targets like equifax and not google.

(´• ω •`)

My fat ass laying in bed in nothing but my socks with a ThinkPad X200 running Debian+KDE, disassembling binary programs for reverse engineering purposes. Right now I'm working on ReactOS as my main hobbyist project. On the side I'm building an OS. My terminal font is lime green Comic Sans.

Attached: f168579288427cba99bbaadc7e04e15b130c0d39f5426bec437935989527c384.jpg (800x800, 88K)

Social engineering happens a lot. People have convinced data center staff to give them remote access to a server they are targeting as an example.

>reuters.com/article/us-lockheed-f35/exclusive-u-s-waived-laws-to-keep-f-35-on-track-with-china-made-parts-idUSBREA020VA20140103
Welp, might as well let the Chinese backdoor in even though we know its there, its the only economical option we have.

> my socks
One of these trap knee-socks?

No. Normal Hanes socks, you disgusting fag.

Contrary to movies making you believe it's like watching the matrix irl, today it's actually mostly pretending to be pic related and tricking people into giving their passwords

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

Read tons of documentation, some theorycrafting, test, document, write scripts for automation, test again, document again, rewrite script, test again... ad infinitum.

At least, penetration testing (a.k.a White Hat hacking a.k.a. The boring type of hacking) is like that.

Watch Mr. Robot, OP.

Attached: 4d7.png (700x700, 825K)

you want to access a companies network in order to garner lets say... credit card info. in order to do this you need to learn as much as you can about their network infrastructure, the specifics about their security, and a way to access this network without being noticed, then you need a way to leave as little a footprint as possible.
you have unlimited prep-time, but you're essentially about to navigate a maze that you cannot see, with a countdown timer that you cannot know, with an investigative team slowly following your semi-permanent footprints. prewritten scripts come in handy here, but if you don't know the type of doors your dealing with (routers, switches, firewalls) its difficult to create a key. disguising yourself as one of their own is useful for this situation, which is where social engineering comes into play, however, tricking some untrained peon into giving you their password really only gets you past the front door, onto a network which may or may not be relevant.

you've broken into the vault when you've found yourself onto an admin server, where you can elevate your rights to access the rest of the network, or when you've somehow managed to access the server storing the information you were originally looking for. this is usually very difficult, but maybe the company has hired someone under qualified to manage security (equifax)
If you work for the company you're looting, your going to get busted. if you did any of this from home, your going to get busted. if you have spent too long at a free wifi hotspot, they can catch you in the act and bust you(unlikely), or check security tapes and correlate your attack timing with the time spent at the hotspot, and your probably going to get busted (much more likely)
hollywood does a terrible job of representing hacking. its not going to be like swordfish, where you are Hugh Jackman, an encrypted password savant busting his nut in a german skanks mouth as he hacks into the FBI database. there is a lot staring at a monitor and taking notes.
This is the theory as i understand it, i haven't done any of this myself.

This is a DoS tool for android

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-14-14-54-15.jpg (1024x600, 142K)

Based post and the correct answer.

work on pserver baka.....

You sound like my faggot professor.
HEY KIDS ITS ACTUALLY CRACKING AND NOT HACKING

it's a lot of command line stuff because most remote access tools don't use a gui. then there's the social engineering aspect where you have to talk to people. sometimes you actually have to go somewhere and pretend to be someone, but usually you do remote work.

Don't believe any if the skid toddlers ITT.
If you really want to learn hacking, read this:
catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

99.9% of "hacking" is social engineering. The other .1% is technical. The old days of port scans and sql injection are basically over. Systems are too locked down now. The technical part is getting the exploit and finding a delivery method for it. Everything else is convincing someone to actually let you in to deliver it.

kek

Your professor is right and you're a fag

She sent me this video as well. You're 1337, man.
youtube.com/watch?v=AcmaNJfRQf0

thousands of times this, it's so much more effective than relying on your computer

Yet some still manage to do it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUU8bAVgx80

if you're good it can look like anything you want. you could even make it look like the old school cheesy visual basic movie style hacking

there are truly a lot of different ways to hack, but the most effective way is to install gentoo, use emacs for EVERYTHING, and smoke some dank bud while pumping dank dank dank dank dank techno tunes... no need to thank me

This. Also
>social hacking is timeless
>computer "hacking" inevitably depends on how computers and the internet work TODAY

>99.9 + 1 = 100

There's is a term for it: Social engineering. Even if it sounds gay, it articulates the idea well enough.

read again, (s)he actually he wrote
>.1%
the leading zero is implied, "0.1%"

>(s)he actually he
shut fuck my shit up

LMAO