Theory autists get in here. I need your wisdom again

Theory autists get in here. I need your wisdom again.

The chord sheet literally sais "Gj"

What in the fuck does that mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

envelopephilter.bandcamp.com/album/have-you-the-time-to-fall-away
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it means good job

heh

It's just a different voicing for G

I'm not kidding it sais it

Gmaj7, I meant

Why the fuck didn't they just say GM7 then?

Because they want you to play that specific voicing, I guess
Also, it's a major chord

Why are you reading music off a sheet? Why aren't you using your brain to create something new and unique unto yourself? Why are you just parroting someone elses composition that you cannot even fully comprehend instead of expressing yourself with something of your own?

Sounds pretty fuckin dumb to me

>t. non-musician

That voicing won't work if I'm trying to play the melody line with it. None of the notes match up.

You sound pretty fucking dumb to me m8.

Everything should work exept for that b-flat, right?

>t. embryo

My band played 10 shows last month. How many did you do with your glorified cover band?

I'm a classical musician, I don't play in a "band", faggot.
Popular music is literally cancer and you're the living proof

Post your band camp faggot. I bet it's shit.

Shit, your right. My bad senpai

>look at me I'm so great for playing the same 200 year old pieces rather than actually making music myself
lmao

>Post your band camp faggot. I bet it's shit.
envelopephilter.bandcamp.com/album/have-you-the-time-to-fall-away

Not the guy your chirping but post your music with your band and we'll see if people will be playing it 200 years from now.

Orchestra = glorified cover band. If you're such a special snowflake you have to give yourself a special name then go ahead but it doesn't change the fact that you're accomplishing nothing just reading shit someone else wrote on a sheet and playing it back the way they tell you.

That would be like if my love and talent was painting but all I could do was look at other people's art and try to mimic it. What a waste of time.

I hope this is bait.

Oh, and I think "j" indicates a full chord voicing (as opposed to an intervall voicing). There isn't a lot of info on this out there though

>implying my band would make a bandcamp
>implying we would make our music available for free
>implying we have such low self-esteem that we won't charge people to hear what we pour our heart into

We're still working on our first full length but might just put out an EP in the next few months. Studio work takes time but at least I'm having fun being creative and doing what I love! :D

It's a modern harsh noise/prog masterpiece.

>you're accomplishing nothing just reading shit someone else wrote on a sheet and playing it back the way they tell you
lol do you seriously think that's what classical musicians do? You're fucking retarded m8
Compare two recordings of the same piece by two different players.

>I'm a classical musician, I don't play in a "band", faggot

wew laddy

God, this thread turned to shit quickly.
That's what you get for talking about theory on Sup Forums tbqh

>hurrrr I don't play other people's music so Im artistic for realz yo
> music is they makes is probably complete trash

of course it is bait

the fact that any of you are still replying is incredible, it's like this is your first day on Sup Forums or something

he is laying out the most obnoxiously obvious bait and you're all taking it hook line and sinker

bizarre, truly

>Compare two recordings of the same piece by two different players.
I listened to two people do a John Cale piece and couldn't hear any difference.

Covers sound different too user. There's no shame in admitting you do nothing but play what you're told to play and don't do any creating of your own.

I know it's what they do because the sheet music doesn't just give you the notes. It gives you the tempo and all those other little flourishes that tell you specifically what to do.

Sure there may be SOME room for your own interpretation and for the player to do something unique but that's fucking minuscule compared to what you can do when you actually create something of your own.

I don't have a douche in front of me waving his hands and yelling at me telling me I'm not playing things right.

Post a short vocaroo of one of your songs then If you think your shit is so hot.

>I don't have a douche in front of me waving his hands and yelling at me telling me I'm not playing things right.
So you're the frontman?

>>hurrrr I don't play other people's music so Im artistic for realz yo
Typing my point back at me but in retarded wording doesn't change anything. That's how elementary children try to prove their points. Don't you have something better to offer?

Look, if you get joy out of not fully utilizing your talent and playing stuff other people created then good for you. But don't act as though it's somehow superior just because it might be harder to play. Because in all honesty that's about the only argument you have.

Who is Joe pass?

>implying music needs centuries of lasting power

music's always been a product to be consumed, doesn't matter if it's uppity classical or trap music, it was made for modern trends at the time

>If you think your shit is so hot.
I never said that. I just said I enjoy playing it/creating it. I'm sure we'll get plenty of feedback when our music is released.

Also what are you? A teenage youtube rapper?

why does Sup Forums try to talk about art music like they know anything about it?

>>implying my band would make a bandcamp
>>implying we would make our music available for free
>>implying we have such low self-esteem that we won't charge people to hear what we pour our heart into

Your obviously a self absorbed prick.

>we'll see if people will be playing it 200 years from now.
This mentality is EXACTLY the problem. Who gives a FUCK if people are still playing it? I just hope people LISTEN to it.

If I was an extremely successful artist I would hope I didn't have lame tribute bands dressing up and pretending to be me for years after my death. I would simply hope the recordings remained and that people could enjoy them.

Sure back before recording music was a viable option we HAD to have orchestras playing the classics in order for people to hear it. Now that recordings are possible Classical Orchestras are no longer necesarry.

Says the glorified session musician.

But user, how then would people make careers out of playing the same shit over and over again and discussing the minor differences between different performances?

>implying my "le implying meme" wasn't funny

>Your obviously a self absorbed prick.
I'm not the one asking for recordings simply so I can shit on them regardless of their quality and call myself a superior musician. M8.

I love how this reply isn't saying anything like "you fucking dumbass nigger cuck fag Jewish piece of normie shit, all of those notes work except for the one Bb, fucking pleb take a twenty minute music theory class." Seriously this is is nice. Makes me happy.

An army of the golems is stalking, now, the heart's lands
Eating all reality
Producing only dust and sand
Nothing hurts them
Nothing gets under their stone skin
And when their earthen mouths will open up
Just what words should come out? but
"We wish we were dead"

And the Bb technically works aswell, since it's just a passing tone and expands the chord to a Gmaj7addb3.
You can play it, you just couldn't accentuate it.

Post it faggot. Or do you know deep down that it is garbage? I'll admit it if I like it.