/cyb/ + /sec/ Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources >pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

=== /cyb/ News - for the world is more cyberpunk than ever. ===

>/sci/ is guiding OP to treat its own genetic disease, got genuine replies
>What happens when AI meets robotics?
bbc.com/news/science-environment-43215863

>Person of Interest becoming Preemptive of inspections:
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-43220610/vandal-destroys-washington-dc-traffic-camera

>Air gapping PCs won't stop data sharing thanks to sneaky speakers
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/12/turning_speakers_into_covert_listening_devices/
>Computer speakers and headphones make passable microphones and can be used to receive data via ultrasound and send signals back, making the practice of air gapping sensitivite computer systems less secure.

Last Thread :

Attached: 2.Eric Hughes.jpg (530x383, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exploit-db.com/platform/?p=eZine
igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/biography-of-a-cypherpunk-and-how-cryptography-affects-your-life/
ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/fosdem-video/2014/Janson/Sunday/NSA_operation_ORCHESTRA_Annual_Status_Report.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=MhILy4yle5E
imgur.com/gallery/5tt7l
youtu.be/vMbHlax92rQ
beginners.re/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ded

I won't let you die.

I always want to support and participate in these threads, since Sup Forums should have more stuff like this. But I'm a brainlet with nothing of interest to say.

Just asking questions, trying to learn, ot putting some interest is enough to talk about.

In the same position as you. These threads aren't the average shitposting war for DE. There are interesting news, people come to ask questions and talk, kinda chill.

Currently reading into exploiting TOCTOU and other timing vulnerabilities with filesystem mazes.
I much prefer the predictability of memory corruption vulnerabilities without that element of uncertainty.

>Eric Whos?
>Not Hawking
You're a fuckin disgrace mate.
Go have a good long hard look at ya self,
and go fuckin sort ya shit out cunt.

Anons I might be getting a VR internship

nice dude

Attached: skr1ll1n.jpg (259x195, 4K)

Attached: 86473.jpg (1422x800, 401K)

Attached: cyberpunknoodleatingrobotthing.gif (540x306, 1.86M)

i want

Attached: dvd 3 dorrah.jpg (1920x1280, 512K)

OK so what is the relationship between Hawking and cyberpunk?

He's the first successful attempt to use technology to augment the capabilities of a human being. First successful cyborg and a stepping stone. He was also a philosopher and a genius on many levels. He often warned how technology, if not properly managed, can be used to concentrate wealth to the few and create a perpetual underclass. He is as much of an irl cyberpunk icon you could ask for.

Bumping with cliche shit.

Attached: 1363602887845.jpg (2560x1440, 310K)

What's the better career path for cyber security? Offensive/Pen testing or defensive type work?

>What's the better career path for cyber security?
I'm not an expert but I've seen enough times this question being asked (and replied) to advice you to specify a little more the question or put some context on it.
What do you know or can do, what do you like and what's your targets usually helps.

is phishing /cyb/?

I know a lot of fundamentals in terms of network defense, ethical hacking, soon to be digital forensics, and a few other areas. I enjoy the pen testing stuff but i lust after money so i just wanted some ideas on what aspect i should dive deep into so i can make the most possible monry with a career path that has growth potential.

good & cheap VPS for VPN in EU ? prefereably switzerland, norway, netherlands

Page 7

Anybody know an alternative to the Blender extension that isnt ded?

What is the most /cyb/ way to eat? I've heard that burrito is the way to go, it contains all the things you need: veggies, protein, carbs, etc. That way you just pound it down and get back to what you're doing, plus it's cheap

The most /cyb/ way to eat is to grown your own shit and eat nothing else. Whether or not that is entirely feasible is up to you.

Attached: 20180205_195354.jpg (2988x5312, 2.65M)

>He's the first successful attempt to use technology to augment the capabilities of a human being.
Hardly. A lot of grannies had pacemakers and hearing aids inserted long before that. If you accept glasses as augmentation (and why not?) you have to go back to Roman times.

I like the new format where you add a list of the last few news bits from last thread. Unfortunately the FTP link was lost, that is where the three FAQs are kept, along with tons of resource files.

If you are only lusting after money, you're no punk, cyber or otherwise.

Flip burgers during the day, hack at night. A career in computer security is no better than being a security guard or low level cop, and it will make you hate IT.

Sysadmin

His augmentations weren't "cyber," they were mechanical.

A friend of mine does some games dev on the side, he was playing around with his oculus

he told me he spends 99% of his vr dev time debugging it.

good luck

No. Phishing is greed and deception.
/cyb/ and other punk variants are about seeking and spreading truth, knowledge, and information. About power to the people and the individuals, through sharing ideas, working together, and empowering each other.
Phishing is the antithesis of this, unless you are targeting cops/oppressors.

I like debugging, in moderation.

This cyberbump is brought to you by:

Attached: 93c586ec-6cbb-4b4f-87ec-9b344c3690d6..jpg (474x255, 14K)

>/cyb/ and other punk variants are about seeking and spreading truth
I thought it was about aesthetics desu, I want out now

>/cyb/ and other punk variants are about seeking and spreading truth, knowledge, and information
being able to access mindless sheeple accounts is very helpful to seek and spread truth, knowledge and information

Page 5

These threads are comfy af. Can anyone post some sec zines? ive been all through the archives at exploitdb. Looking to have a relaxing few hours of reading.

Strongly disagree. Currently working in a CSOC and love it.

wtf is this cringy shit

I suppose I should have provided what Ive read for others.

exploit-db.com/platform/?p=eZine

Can anyone give some career adivce?
I am a year away from getting my CS degree. I have 3 offers for internships this summer in normal SOC/Analyst roles. One is close enough that I wouldn't have to relocate, 2nd would give a security clearance, and third is a well recognized company.

Any tips from people already working in the industry?

Attached: 1508391202404.jpg (720x900, 84K)

What could possibly make you say that? You can walk into entry level jobs making 70k a year in cyber security lol

This.
Literally what I did.

And of course theres the phrack.org archive that goes back to the 80s. Who has more?

igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/biography-of-a-cypherpunk-and-how-cryptography-affects-your-life/
>One of the first and foremost principles is honesty. It’s time to start telling the truth about what’s happening in Linux, despite all the paid disruptors interfering in such discussions. Many Linux users and developers operate from myths that are simply no longer true, and really never were. Linux is a government, military product, right down to its core. There’s a start to truth-telling for you.
ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/fosdem-video/2014/Janson/Sunday/NSA_operation_ORCHESTRA_Annual_Status_Report.webm

Phishing is essentially social engineering and is absolutely relevant. It's the most prevalent attack vector.

Attached: 4L_yKTLhbHH.jpg (500x703, 106K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MhILy4yle5E
>information bombing for your kids
This is how the current world gets more cyberpunk, and is ugly.

Attached: 1491366864039.jpg (518x621, 86K)

>unless you are targeting cops/oppressors.
>cops/opressors
>implying they are the same thing
desu stop dehumanising them, its their job and sworn duty to do as they are told even when it isn't in their best interest. They already have to work in a highy corrupt job market too with psychopaths and machievellians being around every bloody corner, in addition to loosing your job and becoming jobless because everyone fucking hates cops thanks to media bullshit.

I have friends on the inside, its not easy being a cop desu. Blue lives matter.

>its their job and sworn duty
>....to be oppressors

resist the MK;
Ultra is a poison many men will take,
trust no one.
Pictocryptography is your friend,
hail Charles Brand

Attached: CharlesBrand.jpg (400x450, 85K)

>when a dumb-shit general tells a soldier to kill a man or be killed, its the soldiers fault for complying
please go back hans, obviously your first round in the ditches taught you nothing.

Attached: Go back to the trenches.jpg (564x423, 33K)

>when a dumb-shit general tells a soldier to kill civilians
>when a dumb-shit general tells a soldier to kill kids
>when a dumb-shit general tells a soldier to kill pregnant womens

Not the guy you're replying to, but not all cops are oppressors. There are good cops out there and I've met them. And I've met asshole ones too, but I can see why you may be a dick and on edge when 99% of the time you deal with someone as a cop it can be your last. Or someone is an asshole to you, tries to run, talks shit, just stabbed a guy, was beating his wife, is drunk and belligerent, etc. People become assholes over work when they do regular shitty jobs; now imagine a job where you are dealing with the worst of the worst of people all the time, and with the knowledge that you have a target on your back at all times. You'd be pissed off a lot too. There are dirty cops out there, but the vast majority of cops are not out to just fuck with you for the fun of it. Nor are they out to oppress you. You're sitting your ass comfortably in your house on Sup Forums, what fucking oppression are you experiencing?

Is there a worthwhile security benefit to running my package upgrades over Tor? Other than the generic "more Tor traffic makes it less suspicious for people who really need it" thing. I set up apt-transport-tor principally because I found out that I could and it sounded neat. Have there been any attacks targeting repositories?

>not all cops are oppressors
And the conversation could have ended sooner if the other guy had said that.

I'd be more sympathetic to the argument if there wasn't a "protect our own, right or wrong" code of silence. I'll change my tune when there's an unjustified shooting where a cop kills some guy who's unarmed and not a thread, and then that cop has other cops testify against him at his trial, and he goes away for murder.

Also when civil asset forfeiture is uniformly banned.

Oh hello there govt shills

>i need to spell it out in a #notall for you to get it
you autistic or something?

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 53K)

There is nothing wrong in working for the government, IF you grow a pair of balls and do something when you see bad shit happen.

Attached: 1393135437438.png (512x719, 195K)

this pretty much.
Be ready to blow the whistle when the time comes, but don't be dumb about it either. You need to orchestrate this shit like snowden or that other guy did, because we know what tyrone is gonna do to you if the electric chair fails...

And I assume you don't have some honor when it comes to your friends or family? When everyone is adversarial towards you, it creates that culture of us vs them. People being that way towards cops is why they do that kinda shit to begin with. They work together all the time and know each other. Do you think that they do it out of malice and the desire to be dicks for the sake of it rather than the desire to not see their friend who always had their backs not put out on the streets along with their wife and kids? Especially when in their minds odds are the guy who was killed was a scumbag anyway. Surely you can see that there are reasons for doing so that are human rather than just a bunch of guys sitting around twirling their mustaches and laughing while they kill people for fun.

People do that shit, sure, but that level of sociopathy is the exception rather than the rule.

We need more Snowdens in this world. More people with ethics and a backbone to be working for the government. Those at the lower levels are mostly innocent. Those who know better should do better.

Original guy he was replying to.
You are doing a much better job explaining this than i would, good on you.

You do understand the guy you are replying to is the one defending excessive use of force? Look again at his comment, that is why you got his reply.

All cops are oppressors, that's literally their job. Not just when they break the law and kill some innocent dude with total impunity, and not just when they legally take whatever they want from you. The job of cops is to protect and serve not the people, but the law, and if you think that those are the same then I've got bad news for you, and you may want to look at the war on drugs/war on terror/etc. Where laws are specifically designed to fuck over minorities and poor people (which at this point let's face it it's mostly synonymous). Cops are oppressors because they're allowed to throw you in jail because you dared to smoke a blunt in the street, but they don't give a shit about rich folk doing cocaine every other night. They're oppressors because they protect, defend, and enforce systems of oppression and more often than not act out based on personal prejudice. Being a cop is not the most dangerous job, but being married to a cop is more dangerous than being married to any other person, since cops have the highest domestic abuse rate by far. So ACAB forever and always

>we are all in this together
Fuck this collectivist nonsense. Not only is it bad aesthetics, it is simply untrue.

mind explaining why?

imgur.com/gallery/5tt7l
we live in a cyberdystopia

Just got accepted into the accelerated master's program yesterday for cybersecurity. What are some recommended beginner certs?

youtu.be/vMbHlax92rQ

Attached: theverge Should you cover your webcam?.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

If you're in a masters program already why do you want certs?

For an internship and just cause.

Shop around, find out who has what at the internships you want. If there's something specific they want, that's what you should get.

Where can I find a complete version of the Rootkit Arsenal (2nd ed) by Bill Blunden? There seems to be only one copy floating around with over 100 pages missing.

definitely the well recognized company. fuck security clearance, govt stuff is bullshit

Attached: 3eb54b7a1faa47da6ce60badce744a87.jpg (409x580, 41K)

make delicious slow cooked meals from very cheap cuts of meat and vegetables. creates large batches that you can spread out over a week, freezes well, tastes better reheated. throw together with any carb for filling - instant noodles, baked or boiled potatoes, rice (don't keep cooked rice more than 2 days, shit gets toxic)

get the clearance. that will open a lot of doors, even if you don't want to work in government long term.

This is the /cyb/ way to eat. Dirty, cheap holes in the wall. You never ever cook your own food.

That isn't /cyb/, that's just being lonely and pathetic. Seriously, making your whole weeks dinner and freezing it is just fucking cringe

Attached: 10-1024x431.jpg (1024x431, 81K)

I think you have those swapped.
Relying on others for your food prep is a security risk.
Always roll your own.

I don't trust the government or companies large enough to be well recognized.
If the local company seems stable enough to give you a reliable job, I'd go for that. Bonus points that you may have more free time to hack and noodle on your own time / as a hobby. Don't sell out to a govt/corp, help out the local guy and fight the good fight.

>Is eating like shit cyberpunk?
>Is hating the govt cyberpunk?
>Is this internship cyberpunk?

I wish these threads were more focused on DOING cyberpunk shit, rather than just validating peoples' lazy habits and biases.

Justifying your shitty diet with thinking you live in a fantasy where that's all you could ever afford anyways is retarded. No govt is ever gonna look at you when all you're doing is posting in a cyberpunk thread on Sup Forums and jerking off about who's cooler. For the record, treating your flesh like shit only makes you weaker. Eating reasonably and working out improves blood circulation and cognitive performance at the cost of maybe ~1 hr a day. Trashing your body while hoping for superhuman prosthetics that you couldn't even afford in your lifetime is stupid.

In order to live Cyberpunk, you should be learning everything you can about electronics, from software development and infosec to chip fab. Don't waste your time on such meaningless bullshit. Ironically, the reason these threads suck is because those people are out working instead of circlejerking over pictures of people with tech in rainy cities.

Page 7. Kind of agree with previous post.

Don't encourage him, nihilism on the government issue is not a requirement to do serious projects.

Anyone do reverse engineering here? What's the best way to get into it? I'm comfortable with C and Assembly. I was just thinking about going through LiveOverflow's tutorials for it.

This book: beginners.re/

When did these threads come back? I'd pretty much given up on Sup Forums as a whole.

Yeah I missed them too, somehow they were banned?

Very interesting read + video, thanks for sharing it!

Attached: fernando-ribas-006.jpg (1920x887, 241K)

>load up my VPN
>use WPScan and the 10 million list of most common passwords to try to skiddie a local politicians shitty unsecured site

Am /cyb/ now?

Attached: 2e21ed90.jpg (800x600, 86K)

Cyberpunk has everything to do with cybersecurity.

We suspect there is a rogue janitor deleting threads, is that you?

faggy ass op

No. What made you think that?

I'm not a janitor, and this thread is the absolute very best thing about Sup Forums.

Because there is a guy spamming the exact opposite of your post in many threads. Haven't see him in a while.

heh, you missed the joke then. I have been patiently waiting for years to catch this thread before that greasy faggot and say the opposite of what he is saying. That way, when he comes to say it, his scrotum explodes in fury.

On a more serious note. I'm thinking of dropping Sup Forums because of the repulsive google captcha, but this thread makes me think otherwise, or may just lurk.

Anyone know any better alternatives to Sup Forums? (besides lain and cripple).

Same here, I am staying for the people and the advice I get here, is an oasis in the desert.