youtube.com/watch?v=hv_zJrO_ptk
youtube.com/watch?v=citCPpb4Dok
youtube.com/watch?v=X14S98QUfWw
youtube.com/watch?v=26ELh7P2ZtA

Name a sexier voice.

>Name a sexier voice.

DUDE EROTIC ASPHYXIATION LMAO

Please don't, I need you tonight.

When I was 16 I asked a girl out to an INXS show. I didn't know anything about them, but I knew retro new wave stuff was cool, and their concert was way cheaper than The White Stripes, who were also playing. The girl turned me down and said she had a boyfriend. Turns out she really did have a boyfriend, and I met him. But regardless, after that I never talked to her again because I felt all awkward and stuff.

You might have dodged a bullet there. If it was INXS when The White Stripes were big, then that was INXS in their "futile quest for a new lead singer" years. Despite the rest of the band being talented, they just weren't as good without Michael Hutchence.

FALLING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN

I NEED YOU TONIGHT

Fucking lel. Is he usually that whiny or did that band kill his cat or something.

He's saying INXS were just product with no particularly interesting traits, but somehow managed to produce a catchy, well-crafted pop rock album and he thinks it's unfair for a band that mediocre to make a record that...good.

gotcha

Hutchence was a super charismatic frontman with a powerful voice. Attempting to stay relevant by replacing him and keeping the INXS name was such a desperate move. Also, The One Thing was a jam.

I'm not sure If I agree with him on that. "silly middlebrow hacks" makes it sound like they came from nowhere and miraculously one good album. If you listened to Kick, then listened to "Listen Like Thieves and "The Swing" that came before it, you could see that the sound and even the popularity of Kick had been coming for a few albums.

They had a pretty solid run of albums from Shabooh Shoobah through X.

Christgau did the same thing with the Doobie Brothers actually; he said they were just mediocre formula rock but Minute By Minute was a nice collection of catchy, danceable pop rock tunes.

I always thought of them as a New Wave Def Leppard. They found what worked and stuck with it.

Interesting. I think that Welcome to Wherever You Are was not only solid but overall their best album.

It seems that the whole hairspray rock thing never filtered down to Australia because AC/DC didn't do that either; they never abandoned their barroom band look.

Australians are too gritty and bogan to look like Poison. You'd be laughed out of the building if you tried to pull that shit down here.