This is a good album, don't shit on it please

This is a good album, don't shit on it please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaSZ2myWIGM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg76mSSzErs
youtube.com/watch?v=gDQjbWMQWhY
youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its ok i guess

fuck you its shit

AWITHA TEETHA

i like it, but id like it more if it wasnt nin

It's the album that got me into them.

It's the album where he kind of ran out of new ideas and just decided to take everything he knew and simply make a solid collection of songs. Doesn't do much that's original, take risks or push the envelope but it's still really good.

It is for NIN what HTTT is for Radiohead

The Fragile >>>>>>>>>

I like the 'why do you get all the love in the world' song it always gets stuck in my head

I like NIN, never heard an album by them that I think sucks. Actually, the most cringey one to me is Pretty Hate Machine and I'm sure that's a classic

youtube.com/watch?v=XaSZ2myWIGM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg76mSSzErs

HEY THE CLOSER WE THINK WE ARE
WELL IT ONLY GOT US SO FAR
NOW YOU GOT ANYTHING LEFT TO SHOW
NO NO I DIDN'T THINK SO

HEY THE SOONER WE REALISE
WE COVER OURSELVES WITH LIES
BUT UNDERNEATH WE'RE NOT ENOUGH
AND LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH

BRAVO REZNOR

THE RULES HAVE CHANGED

THE LINES BEGIN TO BLUR

I GOT MY ARMS A FLIP FLOP
I like this album

Sunspots and Right where it belongs are pretty good tracks.

This is the album that got me into them. I can see where alot of his fans from before werent happy with it, but this album got a lot of 90s born kids into NIN. If someone would have tried to show me the fragile as the first NIN album then i probably would have hated it. It was a good doorway, and i still think its a solid album. It doesnt match the fragile, but show me something else that came out in 2004-2006 that was alot better.

Lots of fags here giving the impression that Reznor should only keep pumping out TDS over and over again instead of growing up and moving on like he has. Maybe I'm bias, but I lost my virginity to Sunspots the month it came out. Shit was great.

I like With_Teeth because it wasn't trying to be any other then Reznor's battle between his old addiction and his newfound sobriety. It's clearly a really personal album, but it really should have included 'Not So Pretty Now', 'Non-Entity' and a reworked 'Home' into it.

...and by the way, Reznor has never been a particularly talented songwriter. Take off your nostalgia glasses and taken a good long look at his earlier work and how childish some of the songs are.

>...and by the way, Reznor has never been a particularly talented songwriter.
His songs are good. It's really just his lyrics that are cringeworthy quite often.

Exactly what I meant. Goddamn the man knows how to put a song together, but the lyrical content is lacking quite often, and unfortunately it's the cringy songs that overshadow some of the more powerful ones ( for example We're In This Together compared to I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally)

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQjbWMQWhY

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ

The way I see it, we had to have With Teeth to get all his incredible instrumental work with Atticus Ross, and that's definitely a price worth paying.

It's decent. I like how it acts as a bridge between earlier NIN and his later, mellower stuff. The album starts with the heavier angsty songs and then the final three tracks are more laid back.

My problem with it is the angsty songs sound a bit contrived, like his heart wasn't in them.

Yes it's good but unessential af. I won't shit on it if you promise to seek out music that's great and not merely okay.

In all fairness Radiohead has some cringey lyrics, you just cant really make them out because of the way thom sings.

I like it. I prefer Year Zero of his later NIN work though.