Windows 10 vs Windows 8.1

Which is the better OS?

Attached: 1495887905983.png (1917x1101, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-2yeIe-0Ac
youtube.com/watch?v=JwHcOGDHKGM
youtube.com/watch?v=83zHoqsWax8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OSX

Gentoo

Windows 8.1

Why? What's so much better about it?

Worst bait of the day, the post.

8.1 but we're splitting hairs here, they both suck.
7 for life even after support ends.

10 is better, it's a fine version of windows and if you're going to accept all of the drawbacks of windows the bad parts of 10 are more or less with you no matter what windows you use

W8.1 always got a hard wrap, but it's great (even better) for a lot of things:
youtube.com/watch?v=K-2yeIe-0Ac

Windows 7 for evar!

XP.

I remember when people on g were posting this about vista lol

windows server 2000

>serverfags

7 til heaven

Attached: 1413305287837.png (815x452, 323K)

>implying W7 isn't downright better
youtube.com/watch?v=JwHcOGDHKGM

Nothing.
Windows 8.1 was a quick response to change the defaults that were in Windows 8, such as the desktop being the 'main screen' again instead of the huge start overlay.
Windows 10 has the 8.1 mode as 'tablet mode', so if you do want Windows 8.1, it's better to go with 10 anyways. Windows 10 changes things back even more to Windows 7, with an extra attempt to be more 'modern' with the addition of 8.1 features as an optional thing.

I never used Windows 8.1 but I just recently updated my 2 Windows PCs (desktop for gaymen, old laptop for work) from Win 7 to Win 10 and... It's honestly not too bad. The installation and update process was MUCH quicker than it was for doing fresh installs of Windows Vista or Windows 7. I'm not a fan of the ads and "app suggestions" but I think I've got most of that crap turned off now.

Windows 7 is pretty ok, but it takes a while to setup and it's dated as fuck. My motherboard is like 3 years old and it's already too new for it that it won't gather automatically the necessary drivers for it, I have to do the old thing of looking for them on the internet... with no internet because no ethernet drivers either. I also have to install shit for my DS4 controller to work such as 360 gamepad drivers and some other stuff like that. It's a bit annoying. Also boots slower than 8.1/10 without hybrid boot. I was never too happy with it to be honest.

8.1 is this thing that a lot of people dislike based on 8 or early 8.1. They think it's a pile of shit that doesn't work. Nowadays it's pretty much as stable as 7 with some more modern features (and I'm not talking about the stupid apps and the fisher price menu). Unlike 7, almost every single time I switched away from 8.1 wasn't because 8.1 didn't suffice or I was having trouble. Only once I switched away because I decided to slipstream updates on my installation of Windows 8.1 and that done fuck up some things. I learned with both 7 and 8.1 that update packs are trouble, and besides ever since a few months ago it seems updates don't take too long to install for some reason. It used to be where I spent a fucking year to update 8.1.

And 10... well, I can say that it's pretty functional right now, but it's a little bit shitty still. Still unstable, sometimes fucking with my local account enough that I have to delete it and create a new one, sometimes asking me to update for shit and not applying it because of an error... high CPU usage, drivers for my sound board fuck up a little bit every big update, I'm not too happy with it. I understand in a few years it will be stable for sure but if they keep doing this thing where they -have- to include new features it's going to be permanently shitty and stable. It needs the polish that previous versions have.

I would say 8.1 is the best. Better than 10 definitely.

>permanently shitty and stable
*unstable dammit.

Great answer, thanks user.

This, using 8.1 right now and it isn't the worst experience iv'e had. After you de-bloat and get the start menu back its just a more up to date Windows 7.

Any debloating guides for 8.1?

>not downloading newest drivers before format C, or having some old versions laying around as emergency
just download your chipset/ethernet/GPU drivers beforehand

Yeah, but that's an old practice I thought I would not have to deal with often anymore. Not that it's too much of a problem, today I can just use my smartphone for that shit, but still.

I'd rather use old practice than trust pajeets when it comes to what should be installed on my machine.

Just Google how to delete metro apps, disable Defender and super fetch.

Put it this way, the military went from 7 to 10. What does that tell you? and yes the military is currently in the process of ridding 7. My shop just updated to 10.

>trust the military

You clearly missed my point. Even the military didn't think windows 8 was worth its time.

Lung cancer vs Pancreatic cancer
Which is the better cancer?

It's more stable than 10. Less telemetry. There are many things to be said about Windows 8.1 being better than that piece of shit 10. Never had a problem with 8.1 but always with 10.

>m-muh linux!

>youtube.com/watch?v=83zHoqsWax8

yes. install 8.0, disable enablelua & windows updates & schedule & defender, and finally install classic shell and disable every explorer shit related to metro in it.

win98, that way you have DOS as well

Neither, Windows 7 is still top tier.

Attached: Windows-7-logo.png (537x534, 95K)

I'm on 8.1, so 8.1

I don't give a shit about any other opinion in this thread nor did I read it. Thank you and good day.