When normies say:

When normies say:
>"I'm not a fan of death metal, like the guitar and drumming is cool but I can't stand those horrible screamo vocals"
>screamo
>SCREAMO

>normies
>knowing what death metal is

>normies
>enjoying the guitars and drums
nah

>Implying all normies live in caves

My experience is that the normies like like hard rock/ metallica style metal say this

>Implying death metal isn't a normie genre now

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

amirite?

It's their loss

> Mom, it's called growl, not screamo!

if it has screaming it's screamo you autist

In my country is even worse. The general population doesn't know what Metal is, so everything with guitars is Rock. And some other people are so fucking oblivious about it, they say that Rock music is only screaming.

>mfw when a metal child makes another childish post about adults not liking children's music

Metal babies are so adorable, like people with down's

umm
no
all music with screaming =/= screamo
raw hardcore punk with screaming and intense emotion = screamo

do your homework, you're on Sup Forums and embarrassing yourself

growling is good within reason, but for those bands to seriously growl full lyrics incomprehensibly is pointless. there's no musical reason to do it other than to drown out the sound of everything else.

and don't say 'muh distortion' or 'muh aesthetic.'

Because screaming is cringe worthy. Kooks

>

I could easily put "pop is for children" with a long haired neckbeard and it be more true. I know no normal looking people who listen to metal of any kind.

That's because pop actually is for children

And that contributes how to the music ?

If anything Metalheads are the most chill fucks ever

>umm
>no

Don't do this.

you must not know many people. Metal a pretty big genre - at least where I live - every other white person likes metal of some kind.

i'll do what i want, becky

kidz bop is GOAT

>he posts chinese cartoons for children

music with screaming vocals can be categorized into screamo. regardless of what you label it, its shit

also
>umm..no
only a 14 year old would write this and actually like death metal, get off Sup Forums you are too young mate

My condolences

>Put pic related on
>"Well, maybe this won't be too bad..."
>Song is going great, really like Wilson's production, guitar work is nice
>Suddenly death growls go and ruin the entire song

Every fucking time

Thank you

It must suck having shit taste senpai /:

Vocals aren't that bad but opeth is

Yes some people call all vocals with screaming screamo. That doesn't make it correct.

Also the "standard" death metal vocal style (obviously not set it stone) is growling, not screaming.

Death metal is cringe all round

>normies who refer to any music with yelling as screamo

>another thread with people who can't into metal
Welp, it's Sup Forums after all. What did I expect

What's the general opinion here on -melodic- death metal? This includes bands like Insomnium, Amon Amarth, Mors Principium Est, Omnium Gatherum etc.