Here is why Linux will stay with 2% user share

Here is why Linux will stay with 2% user share.

Try to teach this person the command line.

Attached: nc9n5xptoql01.jpg (750x1064, 64K)

OP also can't use a real computer.

What's a computer?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1427620993455(2).jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

you need ONE good DE and a marketing push

that would make ganoo fully indistinguishable from OS X as far as normieproofness goes

I don't know what linux is or does, sorry.

>Linux will stay with 2% user share.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

>the Linux community doesn't actually benefit from this reality

Let the propfags deal with the dead weight.

I'm a computer!

Attached: computery guy.jpg (1110x618, 105K)

All linux need to do to succeed in this space is to become something cancerous and ubiquitous, installed on easy to use touchscreen based devices that use a walled garden to install software but allow the user to sideload pirate programs, and this ecosystem is maintained by a creepy megacorporation.

>2%
You mean like %0.80?

Stallman deserves no credit for Linux. GNU is the reason this shit is clunky and broken.

my man you literally just described android.

>tfw more people have heard of templeos than linux

Attached: 1519951745329.jpg (902x762, 195K)

STOP ALL THE DOWNLOADING!!

t. mactoddler

But the apple thing is exactly the same, except without the piracy.

And guess what, it's what everyone uses

>CONSUMER electronic
>Walled garden is a bad thing
Stop trying to push your luddite no-compatibility bullshit on the Smartphone/LTE Laptop industry. People who use those are social.

This is why you just buy a Mac.

You get Unix based OS that doesn't require you to teach autistic terminal commands to your parents.

Giving computers to normies was a mistake.

ubuntu is enough for parents to use firefox, libreoffice and play media.

Attached: 1521065508846.webm (360x360, 2.22M)

>LibreOffice
*can't easily open peers files*
*everything is laid out differently*
*can't do half the shit Officecan*
"t-thanks dear...I think I'll go buy a Windows 10 license.."

Mac is a device, macOS is fisherprice plastic with outdated BSD and GNU software, shat on, pissed on, and with a bought UNIX cert slapped on it

go ahead, i did a masters degree without needing office shit

keep it real faggot

This. You really normies infesting linux OP?

Why are women doing this?

Attached: 1521048315754.png (522x398, 505K)

not normies, but having more software that is currently windows-exclusive would be nice, and that only happens if there is a market for it.

they're in a car, women don't know how to drive so they default to the next thing they can think of, being whores

Obviously you can fucking take notes on Libre. But good luck working anywhere in which everyone else just uses/shares Office.
"I'll send you a link, user."
"a-a-a-actually I use Libre.."

Attached: 1516396846562.png (580x773, 576K)

The last few times this happened, the platform with piracy took 90% of the market.

The Smartphone generation isn't comparable to the people who grew up knowing there was another way. They get spoonfed by their providers and Package Manager (App/Google Play) and just do that. You do realize Android/iOS cracks are like %0.01 of users right?

>except without the piracy
this is were you're wrong

Then install MS Office with WINE

>"Bro just emulate it."
Why not just cut out the middle man and just use Windows? If you make these sacrifices you've already betrayed GNU.

WINE Is Not an Emulator. It's own name says it you fucktard

If only there was a term that one could use, in reference to an application perhaps, in which said application seems to..mimic..the operations of another, completely unrelated system. Almost as if its some kind of software..adapter, or emulation method, hmm?

Attached: 1516287759709.jpg (619x537, 27K)

>Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.

something like "compatibility layer"?

Hair splitting quackery. The point is if your using these applications regardless of how many layers deep you've got your shit buried, you have already gone against' GNU and shouldn't be using Linux to begin with.

> Dumbass Pasta

> Speaks Truth

This guy knows his shit.
GNU is the worst part of using Linux.

Tablets calculators,phones,smarwatches,laptop,cars,desktops are computers

Woah there Dictator Stallman...if I want to use Linux, I will use it however I damn well please

I want normies to leave Linux. Next think you know the Synaptic Manager will be called "TuxStore"

Fuck off, you fat pinko kike.

t. Malware enabler

The strategy should be to push dumbfucks to MacOS. As they learn, they’ll be learning bash, etc. The worthy can then go on to Linux.

>Next think you know the Synaptic Manager will be called "TuxStore"

This is unironically a good idea

Attached: 1343527164014.gif (212x226, 1.34M)

That should be a thing to be fair.
It's a much better and more descriptive name.

Do you think more people would pay for open source software if more distros implemented an easy way to pay for it in their software managers?
elementary OS is the only distro that does something like that as far I know.

Office 365

wut's gomputer?

Attached: spurdoquestion.png (278x311, 31K)

"Try typing what you want your computer to do."

It's obviously not going to work at first, but it gets them thinking the right direction.

People are inherently lazy, of course more people would pay for open source software if all they had to do is click a button.

People are also cheap though, if they can just as easily install and use the software without actually paying for it then the vast majority will do that instead.

you don't need to use the command line. everything can be installed with a GUI just like they're phones.

This. Casuals wil ruin linux, you’ll see viruses you wouldnt believe as blackhats shift focus to linux.

This is a good thing. With GNU/Linux being rare we have security through obscurity. As soon as it becomes popular it'll become a profitable hacking target.

It can never be as bad as windows. I can't find that screenshot of some user who worked at microsoft explaining how difficult the process for fixing a bug is. Windows runs a vulnerable javascript engine in their anti-virus program. Among many many other strange things.

On the other hand, pic related.

Attached: absurd bugs systemd g.png (495x521, 17K)

>picrelated
I'd politely force customer read the fucking manual out loud, where it says about charging and troubleshooting.
Fucking Apple with their tiny tiny booklets instead of manuals.

Yep. And there should be no 'meh non-free packages, suck dick, no wifi for you', and other retarded things.

As long as there's a way for me to sideload my natively compiled apps without ever having to interact with Google I don't really care what the cash cows do.

I tried Ubuntu years ago. That shit couldn't even play DVDs.

Thank you. It's not like 98% of the population is developers anyways

It's just that Android is an open source operating system and something could actually be done about the points you've raised.

Here is why this board will stay garbage.
Try to teach this person to not post shit and irrelevant trash

>But good luck working anywhere in which everyone else just uses/shares Office.
Done. We don't use macros and everything else just werks.

Attached: 1488316743563.gif (233x235, 7K)

>not charging the idiot for a hueg money

Nerds are forever in denial about the importance of the convenience factor.

It's not that normies can't learn "sudo apt-get install _____", it's that the concept is so ridiculous to them they feel no need to put in the effort to use anything that requires such a command. People want to click a button with big colorful pictures around it and have the program ready to launch.

Obviously that's an outdated example, but Linux nerds were legitimately aggrieved that something so simple could turn normies away from their precious OS (I'm not calling it a kernel faggot).

12 years later and most versions of Linux still don't have thumbnail view for the GTK file chooser dialog. It's a joke. Nerds in general just have bad taste and little understanding of what normal people want because they have a disdain for normal people's pedestrian tastes (such as applications that don't require prerequisite knowledge of the command line to install and update)

>Christian
>lost his virginity with a street hooker.
Pick one.

With this logic, SUSE should prevail because the filepicker meme. Of course it's important for idiots like you.

is that you weev-sempai?

Both are "atheist" though.

You talk like a gay idiot nerd. "with this logic" hurrrr

Current market share obviously won't reflect normalfag preferences because normalfags don't use Linux. Use your head buddy

Time to fire up a terminal emulator in your android and type in uname. Of course if you are a "gay idiot" then you use an iOS

Are you unable to read what we're talking about or do you think Android has 2% market share? Your retarded gotcha doesn't even apply here.

Though I understand context is difficult to parse when you have autism. Try re-reading the thread.

>normalfags don't use linux argument exposed
>b-but GNU/Linux is on 2%

>a Linux nerd incapable of a coherent train of thought, impotently sperg raging with his canned "gotcha" factoids that don't even apply to the discussion at hand

> impotently sperg raging with his canned "gotcha" factoids
Who is talking... :^) Well yeah, our arguments are unoriginal, but it's still funny to trigger an idiot like you and today is a national holiday here and i have nothing else to do.

>Windows runs a vulnerable javascript engine in their anti-virus program

To be fair, Windows Defender has generally faired better than most of the commercial antivirus products in terms of being a vulnerability itself. Even when it's had issues, Microsoft manage to fix in a hell of a lot quicker than the comical incidents with Symantec.

> We don't use macros

Good luck getting paid when your accountants can't figure out how to deal with that

Sorry I got mad I want to love Linux but its frustrating being continually disappointed year after year, with glib dismissive nerds ignoring legitimate concerns because of their elitist attitude. Enjoy your holiday I love you.

>command line
yea i like to waits my time typing instead of clicking with the mouse a few times fuck that.

I wouldn't blame the woman. A lot salesmen say absurd things.

Isn't a woman. This two women , so they can drive and drift like japaneses.
Source: Initial D

This is like a pray for great botnet for likes and shares.

linux has over 80% market share actually
just like you I picked a market segment and did not name it

Linux without GNU is quite popular among normies. See Android and Chromebook.

>literal phoneposting redditor thread and Sup Forums doesn't even care