AMD on suicide watch??

AMD on suicide watch??

networkworld.com/article/3262976/security/13-flaws-found-in-amd-processors-amd-given-little-warning.html

Attached: 26815000_10215462659742375_350372902278492470_n.jpg (550x430, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-cyber-amd/after-short-selling-surge-israeli-firm-says-it-finds-amd-chip-flaw-idUSKCN1GP273
gamersnexus.net/industry/3260-assassination-attempt-on-amd-by-viceroy-research-cts-labs
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-security-vulnerability-–-the-day-after-seems-financially-motivated.html
investopedia.com/articles/analyst/030102.asp
datacenterknowledge.com/microsoft/microsoft-first-bring-amds-epyc-processors-its-cloud-platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>suicide watch
No way, actual Intel shills are even coming to their defense. This release is just that ridiculous.

I thought the whole Intel jew thing was just a meme until this week

same here. Just couldn't deny it anymore after the "flaws" came literally from (((israel))):
reuters.com/article/us-cyber-amd/after-short-selling-surge-israeli-firm-says-it-finds-amd-chip-flaw-idUSKCN1GP273

Sup Forums > Sup Forums
gamersnexus.net/industry/3260-assassination-attempt-on-amd-by-viceroy-research-cts-labs

Former Intel fan here, not going to deny it's fun watching Intel crash and burn
I'm not even joking sadly
AMD has finally made this market exciting again and I can't wait to go from a 980x to a threadripper zen+

>when Jews get caught manipulating the stock market
I never thought this meme will come true

Attached: image.png (994x818, 645K)

even normie tech youtubers realized that this was grasping at straws by a company that wanted to short AMD stock

Not gonna lie, former AMD supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching AMD crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this company sell any more CPUs

Looks like sticking with the 8300 series was a good call on my part.

time to buy some amd stock
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-security-vulnerability-–-the-day-after-seems-financially-motivated.html

filthy jidf kikes

0.000,000,6 shekels have been deposited to your account

and let's not forget they basically admitted it wasn't even a security flaw
it's design

Attached: 1515252801018.jpg (1080x873, 217K)

The 24-hour disclosure opposed to the industry standard 90/180 day is just wrong, completely unprofessional.
13 flaws announced on the 13th of March?
Domain records for "amdflaws.com" has been created on Feb, 22, 2018.
Company is listed only since 2017, linked-in shows very poor company info.
Domain registered not directly but through "domainsbyproxy.com".
Domain is registered at GoDaddy, privately. No contact information of the domain is public.
Their official Youtube Channel with that video, was created March this year. That would be the official company YT channel.
Video looks marketed, too well produced.
Names like Ryzenfall sounds like somebody from marketing made that up?
Precisely 13 flaws? An unlucky number?
Whitepaper shows no specific technical detail.
Earlier today when the news broke and info was released I did some Google searches on CTS-Labs, it revealed very little, for a proclaimed established security agency.
Parts of www.cts-labs.com website are copied from public PDF documents
As a security firm, cts-labs website does not even have an SSL certificate active? Thus no https available as an option?
cts-labs does not disclose address on website.

Design flaws are still security vulnerabilities

Literally none of this is conclusive of anything

3 kikes, 2 straliyans and 1 who the fuck knows what. Literally a 6 person (((company))) in israel.

Exactly the opposite. Unlike the released cum papers, this actually makes sense. Go shitpost on twitter or leddit.

There’s more though, within two hours of the news release, a short seller by the name of Viceroy Research published a claim that the 'revelations' would be the death blow for AMD. The timing of this is weird, hours after the info got out they already have a 32-page document ready on this. Can you fabricate such a paper in an hour or two? From the looks of this was produced beforehand. Could this be a purpose-built stock shorting scheme trying to devaluate AMD?

It literally doesn't my dude
They also haven't released a vulnerability, nobody is more at risk right now than they were on Monday, there is no industry standard for bug disclosure
The rest of your argument is actually retarded, they're fake because they released 13 vulns on the 13th?

It doesn't matter if they did or not, I'm 99% sure that viceroy paid for the research, with the intention of shorting.
Doing that is in no way illegal, and has been done multiple times before. It isn't insider trading, because there isn't an insider
Doing your own research, making decisions and publishing news based off that isn't illegal

In the end, most of the news-release nearly looks to be a hoax or plot to damage AMD or for self-benefit (manipulating stock exchange), and as more time passes it seems to be the case that all this is just that. All this raises suspicion of the highest grounds, that by itself, however, doesn’t mean the vulnerabilities aren’t there, some parties have confirmed some of the flaws. If so, how did a non-security agency get access to that info and was able to produce it as such? Yeah, everything about this information release seems, feels and looks wrong. It seems to have been designed as a viral payload to inflict damage, and I feel the statements greatly exaggerate the impact of the vulnerabilities, perhaps even up-to-the level where I'd need to call it BS, the findings, however, are for AMD to answer.

That wasn't me. But still less retarded than your bullshit.
>no valid proof
>hyped up nonsense
>presentation and videos look like they were done by some undergrad pajeet

Go and read the bullshit they posted and watch their videos. It's been over 24 hours. Where's the magic exploits they promised to release?

Former amd fan here, it's pretty unlikely intel did that. It looks more like stock manipulation and not like a move the dominant market player would make to slightly harm his much smaller competitor while also risking a lot of reputation. Intel has so little to gain from doing this but so much to lose, they would not try this.

Attached: giphy.gif (499x365, 291K)

I'll just leave this here

Attached: cts_intelaviv.jpg (960x1198, 132K)

>s-shintel would totally never do this you guys! Not like they ever blackmailed, bribed and did other shady shit before. No way ho-jay!

The people at that company pretty openly admit they were ex Israeli intelligence. Israel has been one of the big players in vulnerability research for decades, these guys took skills they learned there and started up a vr company. There isn't really a distinction between government tooling and what you or I could get, it's all about experience and knowing how to use those tools. Without seeing the bugs, it's hard to know how difficult they were to find, i absolutely believe they're real, but they're made for persistence on boxes, not initial intrusion

Hyped up nonsense that's been confirmed by a major security firm?
Trail of bits is an extremely well established company
Go look at the conferences they have talked at

>have to keep deflecting from the fact an attacker needs to perform a BIOS update for any of this to work

For one of them to work, and a lot of motherboards allow you to flash the bios from usermode

>linus is a complete retard, can't take his words seriously
>whoa, look at these tweets from this autist from this """major security firm""". I know he's right cause vr projects an sheeit

How convenient this little arangement is. "Only I got the reports from them and I know they are right. No need to listen to anyone else. No need for any more proof. Jus trust us goys."
We know full well from past experiences that even major companies can be bought by shintel.

It's been over 24 hours. Where's the reports/exploits that were promised? Empty threats, backtracking and sperging, nothing of value.

>when people can get full admin access, they can fuck up your shit
whoa! Mind=blown!

All of the AM4 boards I've worked with won't let you flash from Windows, or have to be done with software provided by the manufacturer. Also, the one they claim is the worst of the bunch requires a compromised driver signed by the manufacturer.

Truth is someone paid a lot of money to make AMD look bad. If you actually read all the information in these leaks, which comes off as overwhelmingly biased and hateful, you essentially need direct access to the system to even be at risk. So what that means is that this isn't even AMD specific and everything in your house is at risk as well in this circumstance.

Yeah was thinking the same thing. Holy fuck g is correct again.

>I believe AMD is worth $0.00!

hmm this seems perfectly trustworthy and reliable.

Linus doesn't have a security background, actual security is extremely esoteric, so yeah, you probably should listen to the people who have multi million dollar firms around security
Why would he put his, and his companies name on the line to say that the bugs exist if he hasn't seen them and they don't exist
Where did they say they were actually going to release technical details before amd fixes the bugs?

>company that found that flaws is israeli
HMMM I WONDER

I'm sure there are "bugs" that he has verified, but they are way less dangerous than what is being reported.

Sure, they're being sensationalized, but persistence on a box is as important as initial intrusion, and these are just more tools in the toolbox to facilitate that
There's almost no real world impact though, Intel handles basically all sensitive data in the world.
Amd has no server market, and is basically only used in single user environments

>Amd has no server market
That's changing with Epyc, and CTS specifically mentioned flaws with Epyc and how it's a big deal since they're being bought for a lot of serious shit.

And now you see that Sup Forums is always right. I used to doubt them, and dismissed their findings as pure conspiracy theory. But the more you look into the sources of immoral and scummy things, the more Jews you find. It's like playing a game of where's Waldo with yids. Anti-AMD campaign by Israelis right next to Intel offices? Publishing "whitepapers" with no proof of concept that amount to little more than slander? Spotted the heebs! Bingo!

Attached: 1455821253694.jpg (657x527, 40K)

>are you sure you want to install this program?
>yes

There's no current adoption, and it's unlikely there will be for a number of years, by then the bugs will be patched

>Mind you, there isn’t much for supporting evidence, just claims, and no independent verification. Its white paper is replete with disclaimers

OP did you even read your own article?

You can't flash the bios that way, and for a compromised driver to be digitally signed the attacker would have to somehow have the signing keys that belong to the manufacturer.

Shills tend to overlook that which casts doubt on their shilling agenda.

>Trail of bits is an extremely well established company
Who also recieved money to basically do nothing more than confirm that these vulnerabilities were at least conceptually possible. Read Guidos statements carefully, he dances around this fact in an attempt to not throw his customer under the bus.

or the rights to load an unsigned driver

I don't get the discussion about driver signing. If you have Administrator access on Windows, can't you just turn off driver signing, or replace the kernel outright, or whatever? Or are they talking about the firmware needing to be signed in order for the hardware to accept it?

>Or are they talking about the firmware needing to be signed in order for the hardware to accept it?
Yes.

Don't even sweat it. It's virtually impossible to pull off unless you have the manufacturers keys. And even then, you still need physical access. It's like something from an episode of CSI, retard tier, grasping.

How do you know? The whitepaper only says "signed driver", which logically would refer to the driver, not the firmware upload.

>signed driver
Oops, I assumed that's what we were talking about.

Intel Aviv, like all good memes, is based in truth

investopedia.com/articles/analyst/030102.asp

>However, the short and distort type of short seller uses misinformation and a bear market to manipulate stocks. S&D is as illegal as the pump and dump, but is mainly used in a bull market. It is important for investors to be aware of the dangers and to know how to protect themselves.

But the hardware wouldn't care whether the driver is signed or not.

Intel production is done in Israel, so those foreskin slurping Jewish garbage are making shit up as they always do.
Giving Palestine independence didn't send a clear enough message to those nasal animals.
Seems the majority of the world needs to do what needed to be done for 2000 years now.

datacenterknowledge.com/microsoft/microsoft-first-bring-amds-epyc-processors-its-cloud-platform

The cto of the 6 month old "security firm" is tied to a hedge fund. It's fud to try and manipulate stocks.

This.
Daily reminder: Kernel developers don't care about security.
The "masturbating monkeys" quote came from a discussion were Linus went full damage control after being called out.

>ignore the salient points of the argument
>post a retarded strawman
wow im convinced

If you make money of security then it's your basic need for things to be insecure. If you make a lot of money with security, it probably your fault that things are insecure.

>foreskin slurping
Jews get circumcised, you dumb faggot.

It isn't misinformation though, the bugs exist lmao

linus still based as always

>he doesn't know about the jewish forey slurp
fuck dude, are you in cahoots or just retarded

>what is oral suction circumcision

>(((13)))
THEY KNOW

congratulations OP you just woke up.

Attached: 1521044013889.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

OY VEY

Okay guys, which one of you is was it? This shitstorm has Sup Forums written all over it.

>foreskin slurping intensifies

Attached: rabcirc.jpg (600x400, 31K)

stop being anti-semite, there is no and never was any design flaw in intel products

>ex Israeli intelligence
There is generally no such thing. There really isn't. There's mostly no "whistle-blowers" either, if someone has left the United States and live in some other country then there's a small chance it's an actual whistle-blower.

This whole stock manipulation scheme is likely related to Intel. They've got big plants in Israel. Intel the corporation may not know or have any involvement but it is in Israeli intelligence's interest to give Intel advantages. It's also in their interest to secure funding for themselves (short stock, make news).

It's not just that.
Even if the driver signature wasn't required, all of them still require admin rights.
On Windows, if you have administrator rights, you are only one psexec (or similar) call away from getting system rights.
Once you have that, it's fucking over.
The operating system no longer serves you.
Your system no longer belongs to you.
If the attacker doesn't want you to use a certain part of the os or machine, you can not use that part of the os or machine.
If the attacker doesn't want you to shut your system down, you can not shut your system down unless you physically cut the power.
The attacker already has full control of everything, with or without these supposed """exploits""'.
That's why they mean literally nothing, even if they are actually real.

this gay mumbo jumbo still up?
so when will these Cuck lab people release technical details?

Attached: intel blown the fuck out.png (771x1030, 53K)

>implying Palestine exists
gtfo >>>/tumble/

>implying Palestine exists
gtfo >>>/tumblr/

2 main theories i've seen floating around.

AMD and it's partners have some big contracts coming up with governments, education facilities, etc. to provide server infrastructure and other hardware, and intel got scared and are using this "security company" to discredit and maybe get those contracts themselves.

Or it's some hedge fund who want to short AMD's value, either for short term gain or to buy the company outright and maybe ride the crypto train for a while, but ultimately plan to gut the company and sell it's IP to the highest bidders.

how about that new Intel exploit CPUPOO, where you spend all your money on overpriced Intel equipment and can only afford pajeets to manage your system, resulting in extended outages, unpatched security flaws and data loss.

Attached: killed freebsd.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Intel will be releasing their quarterly shareholder report soon and will have to explain the significant market loss to AMD.

Attached: intonation.jpg (600x600, 53K)

The second one seems to comply with Occam's Razor a little bit better. Intel has done some scummy shit in the past, but we can't really confirm this with more data. I think some guys found out that amdflaws.com was hosted in an intel.com server or something? But that's not clear enough for me. An actual investigation would be nice.

>can't really confirm this with more data
without more data*

Is it a coincidence that Intel finally got around to releasing spectre firmware this week? A bit convenient. :^)

Attached: 1519293737507.jpg (800x1000, 222K)

And let's not forget that Intel launched Coffee Lake when they knew about MELTDOWN several months before the launch of coffee lake (in fact, they even rushed the launch by a couple of months)

You are getting the fuck out foreskin slurper, nations don't want to tolerate you anymore, your Holocaust-signaling is no more than a meme these days and your existence isn't vital to the suppression of Muslim roaches anymore. You are a worthless parasite, and now are getting kicked out of countries again. You will be purged along with your Abrahamic devilspawns of Islam and Christianity.

Attached: zzzJewskickedout.jpg (626x716, 168K)

>those abs

Attached: Chloë Grace Moretz disgusted.jpg (564x662, 22K)

>You will be purged along with your Abrahamic devilspawns of Islam and Christianity.

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

I could also note that Hadrian was right, that Jews should be exterminated and Christians extremely regulated, with Islam following as a mix of the two policies.
Christianity ran itself down by being a rapebaby of Judaism, adopting its filth, growing out of its tumor.

Like wow! You can subvert security if you have physical access to a computer? Wow!

Only on AMD chips. Intel wins again.

Said nobody but Intel shills.

Attached: 15 - 1.jpg (480x605, 108K)

kek

who could be behind this?

You wouldn't talk like that if your grandparents where part of the 10million that were brutally killed by the Nazis.

If you have physical access to any hardware there are a lot of effective and easier ways to accomplish things.

I like him because he's always honest in the sense he doesn't really care about voicing his opinion if it might annoy other people or is controversial. There aren't many people like him, everyone tries to be politically correct all the time.

Saying Christianity is jewdized is retarded. Under pagan Rome, Jews enjoyed full citizen rights, as in most of the pagan world, including Greece, Syria, etc. However, once Christianity became a political power, around the 4-5th centuries, Rome made it illegal for Christian citizens to practice Jewish customs, and even turned many pagan practices into Christian traditions.

By the turn of the 11th century, most European nations were already Christian and totally different from rabbinic or Talmudic Judaism. In fact, no christian nation has ever historically adapted anything from Judaism. (Which is why I use the term Christian values, not Judeo-Christian, as that never existed). There was no commonality in the practice of these two religions. Even the interpretation of biblical laws were different. In fact, even Jesus himself condemned the Jews of his day and all their unbiblical or extrabiblical laws. Jesus was one of the biggest opponents of "Jews", which is why they passionately hated him.

By the 16th century, many European countries already had a history of expelling Jews or making them pay extra fines/taxes to live there. Most Jews didn't enjoy full citizenship rights either.

The only reason why "Jews" have been able to get such power, wealth, etc, in these recent past centuries is because they hate Christians. Their whole purpose of gaining global power and influence is to destroy Christianity and Christendom (the Western world), or White people, who are the ones who spread Christianity to other peoples.

Jews were able to live with pagans because they mutually did not pose a threat to each other. They stayed separate for the most part, e.g. kept to themselves (in designated communities, e.g. Greece, Syria, etc). When Christianity came to the forefront, the world was turned upside down, and Christianity gained the most influence in every aspect of life. This turned certain "Jews" in power to become anti-christ, just as when Jesus himself came.

Hadrian genocided Jews before the 4-5th centuries, as did many other Romans. Your history education is shit.

>Saying Christianity is jewdized is retarded.
>born of Abrahamic turd
>implementing Abrahamic turd
>Bible filled with Abrahamic turd
>traditions straight from Abrahamic turd

Christianity is a pile of Abrahamic shit just like Judaism which only knows how to steal, much like its Jew daddy.
It never had any original ideas and instead stole from Pagan Greek/Roman/Germanic sources.
It's churches are stolen Greek-Roman architecture or Germanic Gothic pagan implementation, it can't even do it's own architecture.
It only knows how to steal money and play bankers like the Jews, while the rest of society attempts to unravel science and technology and social advancement based on Greek and Roman and external sources.

The values of Western civilization are all Pagan values.
Democracy - Greek Pagan.
Republic - Roman Pagan.
Architecture - Roman/Greek/Gothic Pagan.
Humanities - Greek Pagan.
Business Management, Administrative Development, Organization of both State and Business - Roman Pagan.
Sciences and Philosophy - Roman Pagan.

Christianity is the biggest "WE WUZ" niggerdom that ever had the gal to tarnish and corrupt the Western world, mainly learning from its Jewish daddy, and lo and behold the West uplifted itself again as soon as reformation struck, Christianity was fucked into irrelevance, and political systems took over instead of this Abrahamic bile.

Abrahamic baby fucking Shitpile of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, not even once.