pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Attached: event horizon.webm (640x640, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Waterproof-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B01FXF7HFC
amazon.ca/Patriot-Memory-PV730MBULGM-Mechanical-Backlight/dp/B0727QLY2F
amazon.ca/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Programmable-Switches/dp/B01EFOJ0L6/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521076697&sr=1-7&keywords=e-element&th=1
amazon.ca/Hcman-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Computer/dp/B01N6A3MZT
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1651
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2840
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2843
ebay.com/itm/TADA68-fully-assembled-mechanical-keyboard-with-Gateron-and-Cherry-switch/253250240298
originativeco.com/collections/keyboards
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Attached: IMG_20171219_171811_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

What do you say about UHK?

>stock cherry mx switches
into the trash it goes

Averaging about $220 on keyboard stuff each year, usually one keyboard and one cap set a year.

I've got six keyboards (one was a free Model M) and 5.5 keysets. Seems overboard to me even though that's pretty much nothing for a hobby.

If you're going to spend that much on keyboards why don't you save up and buy really nice one?

>copying reddit memes
Well whatever floats your boat. At least it’s not as bad as those artisan keycaps that were cookies

Well shit

Attached: IMG_20180314_211539.jpg (4608x2592, 1.21M)

J-B weld should fix that

That's epoxy? I have some loctite epoxy here. I'll try it later.

>copying reddit memes
nu, no one makes better cookies than me
go back to ledit

Ayyyyyyyy yo where's my gay boy seiden at?
hows that 3d printed keyboard coming along? I just wanna know if it works well enough cause I'm a broke ass nigga and can't afford these chink customs, but I can 3d print shit for free.

Attached: psg-6.jpg (300x168, 11K)

nigga just open FreeCad and make it your self

All right, I applied the epoxy to that keycap and now I'll wait half an hour for it to cure, hopefully it works.
On a side note the keyboard is working fine, I'm using it to type this. Only that one keycap broke. If anything it's an excuse for me to buy PBT keycaps.

Already did, but I just wanna know if friction is good enough like how he did it. I was thinking of using dowel joints myself

thats kawaii

Attached: 1502827036526.jpg (540x944, 107K)

Anyone try aliaz? Thinking about putting them on a board for the office.

They're all right. I'm using MT3 keycaps right now, and they audibly strike the housing when I type at full speed. I also have an XDA set lying around. I'll try those some time and see how they do.

And the keycap's working. Even tried abusing it by fast and strong keystrokes but it handled it.

What are your thoughts on the z88 with kailh box browns?
Inb4 legend is shit

Looks to be the same as the gmmk but comes with switches for 62$ cad
Also anyone have experience with the patriot viper 730?
Reviews seem decent, no diy switches non removable cable, USB passthrough and wrist rest
Are diy switches a gimmick?
Budget 70$ cad

amazon.ca/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Waterproof-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B01FXF7HFC
amazon.ca/Patriot-Memory-PV730MBULGM-Mechanical-Backlight/dp/B0727QLY2F

Attached: patriot_viper_v730_mechanical.jpg (2500x2500, 307K)

I not the fastest typer, are they fairly silent when going at a medium pace? On a side note, how comfortable is the MT3 profile I'm thinking about jumping on the buy.

just don't drop the keyboard a lot

Is that a thing that happens often? I never dropped my keyboard.
The keycap broke because the plastic was corroded by solder flux and then I hastily removed all keycaps to wipe and dry.

looks like chink shit. My worry with cheap hot swap sockets is that the switches don't sit properly and will lead to chatter and switches not registering . If you want a full size version get the z77
amazon.ca/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Programmable-Switches/dp/B01EFOJ0L6/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1521076697&sr=1-7&keywords=e-element&th=1
since it's amazon you should be able to return it without a hassle

I've dropped my SSK 4 times already but that thing is made from steel so good luck breaking it

>I not the fastest typer, are they fairly silent when going at a medium pace?
There's noise from the keycaps striking the switch housings. They're definitely quieter than blues or clears, but not as quiet as rubber domes unless I'm very careful to type slowly.
I went for 70g springs instead of the 80g or 100g options. Maybe the higher resistance on those would contribute to making it easier to type quietly. I can't really say.
>On a side note, how comfortable is the MT3 profile I'm thinking about jumping on the buy.
They're fucking great. A lot of people have been complaining about legend alignment problems but I don't see any on mine. I got a pretty boring set, though. Anyway, they look like a modernized SA, but feel much comfier to type on. The entire home row has a bit of a scoop to it.

Why the fuck is the G610 Orion Brown literally impossible to buy if you live in the UK? I know UK layouts exist of it as I've seen YouTube videos, amazon.co.uk only has some shitty orion reds sold by third parties though. This is driving me fucking insane, just when I thought I'd found the perfect keyboard to suit my requirements

Attached: 81PPIijmuML._SX355_.jpg (355x170, 17K)

It is, but for 40-65$ cad there isn't much. Diy switches seem like a decent idea but I also was worried about longevity.

I got this one last week, and I hate the blues and key rattle so I sent it back
amazon.ca/Hcman-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Computer/dp/B01N6A3MZT

Do all cheap mechanicals have that keycap wobble?

I got the TKL Eagle garbage because it was really cheap. The stock switches (Outemu blues) seem fine. Some combinations of modifiers with arrow keys don't register, though, so I don't use it much. It's definitely a piece of shit.

Attached: 61ROdztZ+lL._SL1010_.jpg (1010x1010, 71K)

>he doesn't have pink keycaps

Attached: JPEG_20180314_155800.jpg (1512x2016, 605K)

I unironically love the color pink.

true males love pink because its the true color of a decent pussy, the rest go for red being old pussy and very disgusting taste

>he does

>hes got a tiny dick to match his pink keycaps

I'm not sure how much better I could do in terms of a quiet switch. Would you say they do a good job for what they are? I was thinking 80g myself.

>they look like a modernized SA, but feel much comfier to type on.
That's good to hear, I love the look of SA and I like high profile, but I always heard SA didn't feel very good to type on in practice.

I dare you to post more.

>he lets the rulers choose what colors he's allowed to like
state slave idiot

Nice excuses faggot

Who cares? It's a piece of fucking shit why would you buy any keyboard made by a gaymer company? You can't even find keys for the bottom row.

Just get a Majestouch or some kind of Ducky at least. Or build something cool...

Attached: solarizedkeybavatar.jpg (960x640, 66K)

>pink keycaps

Attached: soyboy.png (264x227, 144K)

My only other point of comparison is Matias Quiet Clicks, which are better at damping both the downstroke and upstroke. The tradeoff is, they wobble a shitload (so all the keys rattle, stabilizers or not) and sometimes you just get bad switches that chatter forever no matter how many times you resolder them. Also, they have Alps-style stems instead of Cherry-style stems, so you need Alps-compatible keycaps.
Aliaz uses the same style of in-stem damper as those, so in theory, they should be just as quiet. Which is why I brought up the keycaps...

Anyone know any modifiers I could replace the blanks with that would look cool? I prefer a matching red color and similar text but I’m open to other ideas.

They’re Cherry profile and PBT.

Attached: 67229768-4AA0-4492-8EB9-CA0063A7B1FE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

Where's the rest of the set the alphas belong to?

HotKeysProject has some two tone red and black blanks that look nice imo

Attached: file.png (1500x1000, 1.29M)

I bought the Sharkoon Kailh red low profile and it's so fucking good. Simple and effective.

low profile is a meme. who wants to bottom out all the time?

In my closet. I personally don't like the gray keycaps.

Attached: Japanese_KR_large.png (480x322, 96K)

Damn those are fucking dope. Not exactly what I was thinking but I might use those in another build eventually. Thanks for the idea. I totally forgot about that website.

Attached: solarizedkeyb.jpg (3840x2160, 202K)

ah. I definitely prefer the color blanks you have on. I'd buy a set just that color

Eww sorry I'm eating pizza drunk and I didn't realize how dirty my mat was because the lights are off.

Attached: 1519786269755.jpg (960x720, 245K)

Here's a link to them. They're made by Enjoy PBT.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1651

I might pick some aliaz up to see how I like them then. Definitely gonna join the MT3 cap buy as well. Thanks for the info.

they don't dye sub any sets that are entirely this warm off white, do they?

Cheers user

Attached: JUST IN CASE.jpg (780x450, 139K)

Attached: 1499207261288.jpg (1024x1024, 98K)

that looks tasty

How come some of you think rgb lightning is gay and childish but use obnoxious color keycaps?
Isnt that the same thing in some way?

>no む or ろ key

I don't speak Korean so doesn't matter.

Attached: yummy.jpg (480x480, 35K)

swapped for blanks

I like your alphas friend

Attached: yas62.jpg (1920x1440, 1.86M)

Jesus christ

YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

YOU WON THAT RAFFLE AND TOOK THE KEYBUDO I WANTED!!!!

At least it went to someone with the same alphas...

how do I know whether dvorak is actually better than querty in my non-english language (sw*dish)? because it seems to me like dvorak was developed with only english in mind, and that going from querty to dvorak in other languages probably isn't as good as it is in english

Ask a Swedish person that has tried it?

Attached: 1515204991079.jpg (680x678, 59K)

Bought a Viterbi, kind of regretting it. Stupid impulse buy desu but I'm a neet with few expenses so it's a tossup whether or not it was a waste of money.

pros
>i like the look
>split might be nice once i get used to it
cons
>cant use my favorite caps because i dont have an ortho kit
>getting used to it is awkward
>1u mods throwing me off all day
>even with full programmability not that much nicer than my v60
>now i have five keyboards that arent being used
>now i have three keycap sets that arent being used

most of those ""cons"" are because of you not the board

Gaygabyte's force k83 is at 39 right now on amazon (from 79 msrp), anyone own one?
How screwed am I if I buy it?
I've never owned a mechanical meme before and thought it would be a good place to start

Can you make some cookies in the shape of little guns?

Attached: expanded board.jpg (2100x1400, 380K)

Well yeah but that doesn't negate them.

I really like the layout, but this buyer seems kind of sketch (look at his name) I really want the layout but anywhere to get a better deal?

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-03-15 00-09-50.png (1146x493, 222K)

Just get the drevo Excalibur off amazon for 20 bucks less

what keycap set can I get to make it look like more like the dark theme

Dolch for 25 bucks

Matias is real good about replacing boards under warranty if you're getting a lot of chatter, just give them a call. I use a Quiet Clicks at work that was a part of a bad batch, got it swapped out with a good one.

Got these caps with the start of a nice shine off eBay

Cant wait to see this even out

Attached: mmph.png (1600x900, 2.91M)

Any opinions on the Vortex Racer 3?

Find me one (1) mechanical keyboard with a volume wheel other than the G610

Das Keyboard 4

Thanks

Thoughts?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2840

Attached: large_2843_87CMYK_2.jpg (1200x800, 327K)

>$140
>Cherry mx brown
jesus christ no

Is it a bad thing?

Well cherry mx brown in general just isn't well liked anymore, lots of chinese clones are better now. If you want brown I suggest gateron brown. Typing this message on them now and they're much smoother and crisper than cherry brown.
If you're going to get a board with a cherry switch I personally suggest getting one of their linears. The mx speed switch is guaranteed to be retooled(means it was made using their new molds and is smoother) and they're factory lubed. MX black is also a good choice and the MX silents are well liked.
$140 is just too much for a basic TKL(nice caps though) with cherry browns.
Leopolds are restocking next month and are way better than varmillos(I have one of each).
This is a better switch if you don't mind linear mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2843
You could get a tada68 with gateron browns for less and they have great after market compatability for keycaps and cases
ebay.com/itm/TADA68-fully-assembled-mechanical-keyboard-with-Gateron-and-Cherry-switch/253250240298
If you want a much better tactile than gateron or cherry brown then you could get a sabre68 or sabre60(this ones cheaper) from originative with mod-h tactile switches
originativeco.com/collections/keyboards
Hope this helped

Attached: Nishikino.Maki.full.1902430.jpg (600x876, 404K)

Would KBD75 PCB fit a XD84 alu case?
The layouts are the same and the PCB is only held by switches anyway so it should fit, but is the USB port in the same place?

Yes but that case is garbage

check Wikipedia word frequency for languages.
Then switch around the words that fit your language and you have a special layout for your language.

cookies that fire cookies? that's to complicated user

what's so awful about it? (other than the flimsy support feet that I won't use anyway)

Attached: IBM 29 keypunch.png (700x395, 220K)

too many keys

Attached: wd2400.jpg (1280x1142, 280K)

Was that a part of a Jewish piano?

close it was a Lebanese one

Ducky one rgb or shine 6
Which one should i buy?
Is there even eny difference?

yes one looks okay, while one looks like shit. The shine 6 also has a mouse dongle thing and a software support

Any 75% suggestions? Was looking at the the Racer 3 but those odd esc and delete keys kinda prevent me from pulling the trigger right now.

wait for the race 3 v2 since that fixes those issues

what a faggy looking keyboard. i bet you're a fag in real life.

wait till you see his friends

Attached: TransitVan.jpg (3458x1592, 1.03M)

It's a strong 10/10 you just have no taste and/or are trying to be an edge lord

Attached: zeal60.jpg (2822x2117, 818K)