Is there a graphical front end for the pacman package manager? Much like Ubuntus sofware center?

Is there a graphical front end for the pacman package manager? Much like Ubuntus sofware center?

Attached: ubuntusoftwarecentre-5804f3323df78cbc2892220f.png (1366x768, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Tips_and_tricks#Graphical_front-ends
wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Software
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ubuntu software center is not a gui frontend for apt, if that is what you meant.
Also yes, there are several gui frontends for pacman: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Tips_and_tricks#Graphical_front-ends

wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Software

Octopi is great.

y tho

Because I want a computr where my not so tech savy friends also can install things if they want to.

They are too used to just pressing an install button as to write commands and stuff.

I thought it was. My bad.

Will check out that link.

Will check out this too.

Thanks peeps.

>not so tech savy friends
>Arch distros
Wat

I am using Manjaro btw.

Pretty easy to use, even for noobs.

>I am using Manjaro btw.
:D that sounds way too familiar to a meme

>too used to just pressing an install button
>Pretty easy to use

you're trying to make it less linuxy? idgi

Linux is the supperior system so why not make it so that most people can use it? idgi

Just found out Manjaro came with Pamac wich was pretty sweet.

You can install pamac on all Arch based distros... I wouldn't use it for AUR packages, though, as it won't allow you to read or edit the PKGBUILD.

Pamac

>Linuxy == hard to use
Fuck off

>don't read install and update messages
>it breaks because you didn't do something in time
>people will blame arch for fucking things up
>it's actually your fault because you hid the information from them

yes, just use manjaro honestly

Pamac for GTK, and Octopi (my favourite) for Qt.

antergos has a gui for pacman/aur, it also doesn't have the horrid security history manjaro has

Manjaro had a few administrative mistakes in the past, but in the last 2 years it has grown and matured a lot, being one of the most popular noob friendly distros, while having all the advantages of Arch (wiki, AUR, etc.). Manjaro is better than Antergos since it's a "stable" version of Arch, while Antergos is just an Arch installer. May as well just go skip it and go directly for Arch if you're not gonna use Manjaro.

What are you on about?

I don't agree, antergos is perfect because it's arch without the time waste of the installer, it's like a strictly better arch