Why does most of Sup Forums use old, mid range android phones and Windows laptops...

Why does most of Sup Forums use old, mid range android phones and Windows laptops? You would think tech enthusiasts would be using better and newer tech.

Attached: samhyde2.png (1200x675, 704K)

I like my replaceable parts, thanks.

I use a one plus 5t and i like it a lot.

Because newer tech tends to be designed for a less tech savvy user, also has more botnet

I have a OP5 and a T420- will get the t480 as soon as I can customize it using my crypto profits.

Alot of people on here don't have alot of money as well.

>Sup Forums
>enthusiasts
Don't kid yourself. This is reddit 2.0.

Attached: 1496986225110.jpg (601x625, 73K)

>Alot of people on here don't have alot of money as well.
yeah, because a lot of people here are 17 year old normies or NEET freetards with poor parents

Well, I think it kinda goes like so:
First getting into tech. Wow got to get the best.
Next year see tech at your same performance level for half of the price and spend time getting jaded because you didn't really need as much performance as you bought anyway.
Then, next time you buy new shit you buy something midrange and spend the extra money on other shit.

Laptops:
>solders your ram to your motherboard
>parts that you might be able to replace would be an 8 hour surgical procedure

Yeah, no thanks. I don't like buying black boxes.

Phones:
I replace my phone every 3 years. I'll buy a new one if I can't find a cheap mid range alternative. Currently using an LG-E971 with android 4.1.2, It supports device encryption.

>>>/lbgt/

Because there isn't really that much going on with phones t b h
Back in 2007-2013 I felt real need to upgrade because I was missing features and power. But not anymore. Even worse, now phones get LESS features for MORE money—see iPhone fucking X. It's literally like a joke at this point, everything is gimmicky shit with no real function.
Mobile gaming never took off too, it was my big hope but it never happened.

>Newer is always better!
no

because all Sup Forums users are poor (except for /biz/ where it's only mostly poor) and if any indication of your post gives away the fact you have money, literally everyone shits on you

Because no one needs "high end" phones. I'm on a Xperia Z2, I thought about getting a new one, but it has no differences except a high price and octacore CPU.

I don't need that in my phone, octacore in my desktops, yes, because there I can utilize the power.

Yes. From 2010 to 2011 it was similar like 2000 to 2001 in mobile processing. Dual Cores came up and delivered 200 % performance. Now the need of performance is saturated. Even low end devices come with quad cores and 2 GB RAM, new flagships don't offer anything than processing power you never use on mobile.

What is a "windows laptop"? Do you mean microsoft laptops?

A lot of car fags drive ratty old low trim cars and trucks because they're cheap, easy to find second hand and modifiable. Gun fags like mass produced old weapons for the same reason. Same thing here, and it's basically the same for all hobbies I assume.

Tech enthusiasm =/= consumeirism

Just because companys keep throwing shiny new things, does not mean they are better or worth the replacement.

Because they're poor virgins and can't afford anything better. Knowing they'll never have it, they instead choose to rabidly "hate" it.

Actually when I think of it, if we take laptops, they did make progress recently, because of significantly improved battery life and screens.
But otherwise, pretty much agree. Performance on mobile is pretty pointless—it's not like I'm going to work or render on a phone. And despite better chips, companies still manage to make laggy phones that can't last a whole day.
You need some minimum for smooth UI, to read web and watch videos—but we got that long time ago. The remaining performance could be used for gaming, but it never really developed into something comparable to PC/consoles.
So the point of benchmarks and stuff is beyond me, unless it's just to boast

>Actually when I think of it, if we take laptops, they did make progress recently, because of significantly improved battery life and screens.
False.

Components got better and more energy efficient but the laptops are still shit since they keep using tiny ass non removable batteries because of the le thin meme for homosexual soyboys who can't carry something with the same weight as a typical book. Meanwhile on the screen part, for some reason 1366x768 is still an acceptable thing that can be sold to the masses.

Technology enthusiasts are enthusiastic about technology, not consumption.

What marketers tell you is an "enthusiast" is actually a bugman; if you only consider technology to be interesting to you as long as it's the newest and shiniest, you are not a technology enthusiast, you are a brainless casual.

Regardless, computing is mature, utterly stagnant and pretty much unchanged in its basic fundamentals since the late 1990s on the desktop and early 2010s on mobile. There's plenty of things new and old that can interest people, it's mostly about what you do with it in the end that matters anyway, not whether or not it has BIG NUMBERS.

Attached: soyboy.png (450x446, 456K)

Think of it like movies. There are tons of movies that come out every year. Most are formulaic and boring while following whatever stupid trend is currently popular at the time. However if you watch movies 4 or 5 years old, you're watching movies where the wheat has been separated from the chaff. You're consuming something that has stood the test of time.

How does he keep getting away with it?

Pretty jealous of soyboy desu. Looks like a good game

because I don't play games on phones and laptops (have desktop for that) so I can't see any difference between my current 10core mediatek and some 30core snapdragon. not to mention that newer hardware/software starts to include more reasons to NOT upgrade (W7 vs W10 for example).