Majoring in CS

>Majoring in CS
>been applying to internships for almost two months
>have experience (unpaid internship that taught me a lot)
>GitHub with a couple Android apps
>haven’t gotten a single interview
>they’re hiring Pajeets who don’t even know anything beyond a loop
>A Southern European cant even get an interview because his name isn’t Rajesh, Chang or Ryan
>Pajeet classmate who I’ve been dragging through every class and doesn’t even know basic python syntax got an amazing internship
>interviewer name: Pajeeta x

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I saw my classmate’s resume and it was a 3 page long horribly formatted resume where he talked about the places he volunteered at. How are these people even getting jobs?
Fuck Toronto

Attached: 14D2650A-4962-4F89-8253-8D5457788DFA.png (633x758, 29K)

Post your resume here and get some feedback. You most likely are not as hot as you think you are.

You can't get a job cause you're an unqualified idiot. Not cause of Indians.

Bunch of classmates are getting hired at places and the vast majority of them have no actual experience whatsoever and no personal projects to show.

I'm majoring CS, too. GG life.

(checked)
I had your exact issue. I also am autistic, had no connections in the trade despite excelling in school, and had/have no social skills. Look at yourself user, are you autistic?

Attached: 0a88ef8d38c1757e4a49d5fabde7949b126d0e5e7fc1854d189f803e26e6b6c7.png (1456x909, 94K)

It isn't what you know but who you know. Also that non-whites are notorious for only hiring their own kind.

Find some old white guy in the fiels and suck his penia. He will at least provide you with a reference.

Attached: 1514568294917.jpg (771x750, 155K)

Its 100% your resume. Upload it with personal info blacked out.

Also change name on resume from Ahmed to Brent or Austin or something.

Just title your name as user
- "Rajeesh Pajeet" to my friends and family

Dude, I know your feeling... MSc in a top 10 university, just one interview in the last 9 months. Meanwhile classmates that have no fucking clue on how to do a derivative are getting awesome positions. Shit's fucked up.

>It isn't what you know but who you know.
I thought I was applying to a CS job, not an acting gig.

Fuck this shit.

Business idea: Change your name to an Indian name :^)

It's human nature. Prevalent in every field. Pivot or die

The distribution of developer job opportunities is strangely bimodal. Some are constantly harassed by recruiters and some can't get an interview. Many of the latter genuinenly are shit, but some probably just don't know how to market themselves. Post CV.

You are a lier pos

>Toronto
canada doesnt care about tech, move to america

Post your resumes and get some criticism.

Or are you only able to whine and complain, and never do something about it?

>cs major

good luck paying off your $100k debt working at starbucks you STEMcuck

Attached: 1471190805810.jpg (428x226, 40K)

Can't get interviews, it's your resume.

Can't get offers, it's your interviewing skills.

Post CV with all personal info redacted, Jesus Christ, it's not that hard.

How? I wish I was making this up.

This. Me neither. The only things I get invite to interviews for are things I shouldn't have applied to in the first place. I don't fucking know how to program in Ruby or make web applications but I applied for some fucking reason, now they're trying to schedule an interview and waste both of our time because I know I won't be accepted knowing fuck all about anything.

Apply to things you excel in. Don't know what else to tell you. Don't give up. Persist until you succeed.

Attached: genericInspirationalPhoto.jpg (800x600, 44K)

Found the Pajeet

i graduated from stanford with an MS in computer science magna cum laude 2 months ago and i'm in the exact same position

very mature of you to realize the fault lies with others and not you. taking notes

I like this post. Adding it to the copy/pasta. Thanks user.

np

Not him, but how's this? The "Website Maintainer" thing is literally just data entry. I put Gentoo on there in the hopes that a stray Sup Forums user would see it and think I was cool lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.38.21 PM.png (1626x1464, 209K)

>mfw graduated with a bachelors in CS from a middle tier state school
>mfw got a job as a developer 2 months after graduation
>mfw 22 years old making $68k/year plus benefits with 0 debt
>mfw watching seething NEETs like
OP, notice all the whining you're doing? That's why nobody wants to take their time to interview you. Improve yourself and learn how to talk/bullshit with people. You'd be surprised how far that can get you.

Attached: 1467688838935.png (653x705, 444K)

You want me to lie?!

We want you to improve. Have you posted your resume yet?

Bullshit as in learn how to talk to people and carry a casual conversation. Christ man, you've got a lot of work to do.

Looks decent. Did you do any programming/CS projects in school? Add those in there.

>Gentoo, hoping that some Sup Forumsentleman out there would see it.
Keep the Gentoo, ditch the hope. Old timey 4channers who are in a position to hire will never reveal their power levels.

bro comment on mine what do you think?

One more thing: Make sure to change the "Career objective" section to better match each job you apply to. So when applying for a job that wants some Android devs, you say
>To obtain an entry-level CS position , preferably in mobile development

I'm in college looking for an internship as well. Been applying an doing some interviews recently.

I haven't really had any success with applying to jobs online. The interviews I've gotten are through a career fair where I talked to a few companies, and one through a friend of a friend handing off my resume.

Do you talk about your personal projects on your resume? You need some kind of hook to at least get people to look at your experience deeper. The initial pass through resume submissions isn't going to involve looking at your github, so you need to duplicate that stuff on your resume.

Btw my main project that people have been asking about in interviews is an Amazon Alexa skill I wrote.

Good idea, I never thought of that. The only major project I have on there is a CLI web search engine written in C and Python. It's on my github (link on my resume, blocked out) but I wonder how many potential employers even bother to check it out.

>What the fuck am I doing wrong?
programming in java

Had a 4.0 GPA at a top 10 university had had companies lining up to fly me across the country for interviews despite no social skills, experience, or projects outside school
Feels good to not be dumb.

I'm not any one who posted so far in this thread; I graduated in May, took some time off, I had a little business flipping vintage synths (buying broken and repairing them), made some good money from all the hipster babbies, only started applying to jobs late in January. I'm having some trouble getting interviews (4 so far), I think I'm a (kinda) smart, personable guy. Any suggestions/criticisms are greatly appreciated.

Attached: resume.png (1074x1460, 322K)

>not an acting gig.
You said you had an unpaid gig. Did you not have to interview for it because you do know literally every job everywhere is basically just 80% "do we like this guy" and 20% "is this guy not an idiot." You must be really new to the job market if this surprises you. Most likely, you are a retarded autist and retarded autists are laughably unlikable, so you have to really try in this section to get by.

I don't even have any side projects, and I've gotten 3 internships so far. Honestly, I'm not sure how since my interview skills are pretty trash, but I have decent grades, and do the technical questions no problem.

Although the questions seem too easy. A technical question from my last interview (didn't get the job) was: Given a tree with values on each node, how would you find the sum of all the values in the tree?

Another even easier one, if I recall correctly was: given some list of several instances of a class (that had a name, and float value), print the name with the lowest value.

Information overload. Make it cleaner and more friendly for HR managers to skim through. Less is more. Only put necessary information. For example don’t say you’re a song writer or actor or anything like that.

Graduated with a 2.6, no experience.

3 years later I'm making 6 figures where the cost of living is low, and recruiters are breathing down my neck trying to poach me.

I'm good at talking, but I am also genuinely great at my job now. My personality got me into the industry.

Expand to two pages.
Remove the warehouse gig, the software scrtion.

Talk about the most interesting course you took
Link github and talk about one personal project

How do you solve that last one? Just get the values and compare them one by one with an if/else in a for loop? That feels like a pretty brainlet approach but I can’t think of anything else

That career objective is retarded. Get rid of it. No one looking to hire you gives a shit what you WANT to do. They want ot know what you can do for them right now. Personalize that shit specific for the job. In your case, you might want an objective along the lines of "Produce Massive quantities of shitty pooloo-type 1337 scripts for the daddy dollar holders". ALWAYS personalize objectives if you use them. No one cares about you or you as a person. They want your expertise and someone they can tolerate. Also, your work experience does not say shit. What else did you do in your website maintenainer gig? You should really be playing up what you can DO rather than what you did. List EVERYTHING you did there yo show you are not just copy and pasting your job description. Right now, it just looks like you are a lazy fuck that is looking to the future, but not willing to work. I would take a million sandy spics over that kind of person.

You've got good statements for your experience and projects.

Maybe add some IDEs and Windows/Linux to your skills section. Also, I'm not sure how relevant "Relevant Course Work" is since you have your degree, and some experience already. You could fill that space with communication skills.

Very nice.
The boy scout thing is cringe but overall very nice

Basically. Just loop through, keeping track of the object with the minimum value so far, and after the loop print the name field.

And id rather be unemployed than work for a faggot like this lol. Why do people even bother getting jobs? You have to appease random autistic fucks like this. Resumes are for faggots, LinkedIn is for faggots, networking is for faggots. Ideally you guys want to get so good at what you do that employers beg you to work for them, and you can tell them to fuck off if they even look at you wrong and they’ll still try to make a job offer.

Once I started checking the box indicating I'm a minority (even though I'm not), my phone started ringing off the hook with job offers. I don't even have a degree lulz.

t. The typical Sup Forums NEET that fears going outside.
It is fine (albeit basically useless) to list stuff like that. It at least shows you have some disciple.

>information overload
I figured that might be the case. I figured putting leadership/activities might make me seem more "well-rounded", but I'm learning more and more to cut the BS for these types of jobs.

>communications skills
This is great advice, but could you expand on what you mean by "communication skills"? I honestly don't know how to word that on a resume.

Thanks user, should I just take it off? In the past, if Im interviewing with and Eagle Scout it usually helps (I think).

This is good advice if you are applying to a big company online, but NOT what you want if you are applying in-person to a medium or smaller business. HR is garbage, but you will not deal with high school dropout retards if the company is smaller.

t. Faggot NEET
Welcome to the real world, kid. You are not special, so drop the edge.

-Do not lump skills and education together, give skills its own section

-Relevant course work: Songwriting? No. Reduce total section to 1 or 2 lines.

-Experience: Too much info per paragraph. Reduce to two lines per item:
--Line one: Work done
--Line two: Skills/technology used

-Academic projects: Same as "Experience". Reduce to two lines each, one line describing the project, other line listing the skills/tech.

-Formatting: Make each section title (EDUCATION SKILLS etc) a bit larger in font. Right now it is the same size as the subsection titles.

Do all the above and repost.

Did you apply for Apple? :^)

This desu. My uncle used to get job offer calls all the time, and he would always be so rude and say shit like “cut to the chase. How much does the job pay?” And more than once he would literally laugh at them, say “don’t waste my fucking time” and hang up. And one company even called him back apologizing. I think that would be a lot nicer place to be in than begging for jobs and handouts

You’re not the real world, faggot. Not everyone works.

change your name to Purplehair Strongwoman Mohammad

youll get a job in seconds

i am a le mexican male and got 3 internship offers freshman year and 5 sophomore year and sit at a comfy 33$ an hour year round because I did a lot of public speaking in high school and college hehe

>songwriting
This was actually a job for an audio/music related job, not that that makes it really "relevant", just to demonstrate an interest in music.

I would post tonight but I need to go to bed now, but thank you so much for your help; I will post my resume on Sup Forums the next chance I get.

List java and javascript first. That's where the jobs are. Take off the shit about Microsoft office and photoshop. In fact, list some meme frameworks instead of software you've used. Spring, React, Angular, maybe node.js if you wanna seem hip. Maybe take off the operating systems you've used as well. Who cares? List database experience. Postgres and Mongo if you don't know any. Make sure to spend an hour or two with each of these things. They're pretty easy so you should be good to go for entry level.

Having interned at Big 4 companies, those pajeets fucking deserved it. Stop race baiting and learn how to pass your fizzbuzz/basic data structure interviews, you socially inept racist.

I like this mentality. I never thought of employment this way before I took a random Econ class and my professor gave us a lecture that made me think about what employment actually is. Blew my mind. Made me think about what I want to do with my life. The most successful people are never the brown bosses or timid compliant people, but the ones who respect themselves too much to let employers or anyone else disrespect them. The most successful people on the planet are just people that don’t take shit from anyone. They do what they do because they like it, and they have “fuck you” money that lets them tell their boss “fuck you, I’m outta here” whenever they feel like it.

Nope. We call the people that don't bums. They are not looked nicely upon. Here, have some honorary Mad Dog 20-20, you trash baron.

>brown bosses
*brown nosers

>trash baron

>Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo
lmao I'd hire you on the spot IRL

I'll gladly be called a bum by people on the internet if it means I get an extra 40 hours each week to live.

what major?

Not him but I have some Linux distros on my CV because I saw a few job posts that said things like “Bonus if you know Ubuntu”

computer science because im too retarded for engineering and need GPA pads to stay above 3.8 for muh federal guilt money

>The most successful people on the planet are just people that don’t take shit from anyone.
Yes, and they have the courage to start their OWN businesses. You are talking a big game, but all you are trying to do is justify laziness. Successful people tell people to "fuck off" and then start their own company to benefit to society. You are just leeching off it by not working. That is the difference. One helps the world, while the other is a burden on it.

Yep the whole game is fucked. Don’t play it. Don’t sell yourself short. At the end of the day you’re actually selling a product, that is yourself or more specifically your services. So of course you ha e to be appealing enough to make them want to buy your services but it’s a two-way street. You’re a business; don’t do business with people or companies if it makes you miserable. Take your business elsewhere.

>implying working is not living
t. NEET

Attached: 38969E80-2F00-4620-99A7-BCEA514146B8.jpg (960x1280, 198K)

What are you talking about? You have no idea what I do, retard. It’s not like I don’t work or anything.

>Given a tree with values on each node, how would you find the sum of all the values in the tree?
The reason I strike out at every interview is I can't answer their trick questions. How would you answer this with a decent time complexity?

Just get Cisco certified and apply for jobs as a network engineer you already have a CS degree adding Cisco certificates makes you look much more employable.

>NEET is supposed to be an insult
Shouldn’t you be getting to bed? Mr. Noseberg hates tardiness. At least it’s almost Friday. Those two days off make it all worthwhile, right? But even still, tick tock goes the clock before you have to go back :^)

>I'm the real human here! Submitting to a Jewish boss for half my life is actually good! When I'm shipped to the nursing home I'll fondly look back at a life in a box!

Perhaps you do. I am just saying that mentality of "screw the system!" only works if you actually do something to subvert the system. If you don't you are just being lazy. Calm down, bucko. No one is insulting your McDonalds gig, just saying lazy fucks use that mentality you described to justify being lazy fucks. It is not inherently bad. It is exactly the attitude capitalism is supposed to create and the world is better for it....when people actually use it correctly.

I do the same

It's p easy. Your time complexity is lower-bounded by n, the number of nodes in the tree (you gotta touch each node once to add it to the sum obviously). Your upper bound think about recursively: what's the maximum number of times you could 'be' at a node? When you come in initially and when you come back from any of its children (ascending back up the tree). Assuming this is a binary tree, that means you 3*n, so your solution should be O(n) max. You can do use any-order traversal you want of the tree, they all have the same upper-bounded time.

I realize I'm leeching and I'm content with it. I'll let the rest do the work so that I can have every day for myself.

>implying you know what I do
I am a contractor. I tell the customer when I will show up rather than a boss telling me. I get to be lazy and get paid for it. How are you doing? Get your NEETbucks yet or did the government find you chronically lazy and said to fuck off? :^)

Why would a jew give you money for anything, let alone a box?

I get to be even more lazy and paid for it :^)

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. It was an Econ class after all, not welfare studies 101 or something. One of the biggest lessons I took away from that class is that if you want to make the most money, you have to be willing to help the most people. You need to provide them with something they’re willing to spend money on. But at the same time you want to be in a place of financial freedom where you’re not a slave to employers, you can come and go as you please without having to worry.

If this is your resume it needs work.
Remove your career objective, nobody gives a fuck and if they do they'll ask you during the interview.
Remove Major: Computer Science
Remove your high school diploma
Condense your related courses
Describe your job responsibilities better. QUANTIFY and QUALIFY what you did. We all know what warehouse associates do, but did you do anything extra, anything that could apply to your field? Did you create an invoice system or streamline product orders in any manner? Did you handle any cash accounts? Did you supervise a team and delegate out work? Did you start and close operations for the day? Tell us something.

I think all they want with this one is to show you can traverse a tree. In general, don't worry about time/space complexity right away. I think it's best to just get a solution down and work on improving it while talking through it with the interviewer. Looks better then just fumbling around trying to find an optimal solution right away IMO.

This, or lose the warehouse thing entirely if it’s irrelevant. Just remember that gaps in employment history look bad, so make sure to say that a complete list of job history is available upon request.

They have limited work experience. You ALWAYS include your degree anyway and should include that you have your HS diploma. Some jobs require it and most will ignore you if you do not list it.

>tfw got every job ive ever had because of nepotism because im not a stupid autist
>this triggers Sup Forums

Wow, thanks. I didn’t know the career objective was so bad. I just put it because I stole a resume template from some random website that had a career objective on it

I’m not triggered at all. Freedom of association is a good thing, fuck anyone who complains. No cakes for fag weddings!

>name isn't pajeet
>hiring manager are all pajeets
>living in Canada

Move to America. Start your own business and hire only whites. That's what you're doing wrong.

>go to job interview
>first one out of college looking for full time job
>meme big data start-up
>requested to come in for a "screen"
>kinda pissed, whatever
>research the company, get prepped
>go into city for an interview
>hr lady is pretty hard to communicate with, but that's fine
>get to building 20 mins early, cant get into the office because I don't have elevator access
>hr lady comes late, we go into office
>current employee walks out of conference room, looks like he wants to kill himself
>office is a shithole
>herewego.png
>start interview with her staring at me, then says well
>Me:"I can start by talking about myself, if you'd like"
>"Hmm, that would be ideal"
>totally blow it cause of nerves, also realize I don't want to work here
>I talk for ten minutes, she asks me "what I have been doing with all my time"
>umm
>starts to wrap up interview, its only been 8 minutes
>fuck this
>her: "do you have any questions"
>"so what kind of qualities do you look for in candidates"
>"hmm, sheer intelligence"
>...
>me: "umm, OK, so 9/10 companies backed by venture capital fail in 3-5 years; what makes this company any different?"

The interview swiftly ended, lmao

Attached: S36_Wendell_Holland (1).jpg (669x1004, 85K)

It is not "bad." It just does not say anything. Yeah, the employer knows you will probably not work for them forever and have more plans, but it does not tell them anything about what you will do for this job. Think about it, why care what Dick Von Dumbfuck wants to do AFTER he leaves? Exactly. Best to do a job specific goals statement saying what you hope to do at the company if you are hired.

Ah yes... The "I saw YouTube video trailers on these programming languages so I know them" resume

Hello sir, please do needful and return to the motherland.