Was vista the most unmemorable Windows ever?

Was vista the most unmemorable Windows ever?

Attached: behh.jpg (1679x1049, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQyUIISuetc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No I would argue Windows 8 is less memorable. I loved the Vista UI

Everybody loved the vista UI, MS reused it for win7 after all

Me too. Vista was nice despite the hardware requirements. I had a Quadcore Phenom back then. Basically early Windows 7.

I still use 8.1, its like a verge between 10 and 7. But the design is clealy less memorable, minimalistic. I would prefer Vistas design over 10, which is even shittier.

If you count Windows 98 and 98 SE as separate, then plain Windows 98 was least memorable

no.

Vista has gone down in history as being windows ME all over again.

If anything it's Windows 8 that was completely unmemorable. It had the shortest lifespan of any Microsoft OS, and everything that it did remotely wrong was soon overshadowed by the shitshow that is Windows 10.

There was literally nothing wrong with Vista.
Faggot OEMs selling PCs with 256MB of RAM are entirely to blame.

I remember in middle school my friend's family got a brand new computer with vista and straight out of the box the thing CHUGGED, so slow

We knew it was the cheapest computer from wal-mart or whatever, but really? chugging to open or load anything straight out of the box??

This I had a i7 920 back in the day and vista ran very fast on 6gb of ram

Didn't get to use it long since 7 came out not long after but Vista sp2 was literally vanilla 7

Anything after 7 is junk and I only use w10 under protest

Windows ME, it was already eclipsed by Windows 2000 at launch, and it had one of the shortest support cycles of any version of Windows.

It was the most pointless version of windows ever.

2000/XP shat all over it

I still have a factory XP machine it runs quite well but struggles with basic web browsing and YouTube yet can play 1080p videos fine

God websites are so slow to load even with decent broadband the time to load all the scriptshit makes everything feel sluggish

Vista was actually a huge step forward in terms of the way that Windows presented graphics to the user. MS saw that graphics processors were now becoming standard in every computer, so they could use the graphics acceleration to draw windows the same way textures would be rendered. It's not just that this allowed them to do all the fancy alpha-effects that were such a big part of the change from XP to Vista, it's that it fundamentally changed how windows were drawn, allowing all open windows to be kept in memory and making things like moving, resizing, and switching windows far smoother.

Their big mis-step with Vista, and why people have such negative memories of it, is that they broke compatibility with a bunch of XP drivers, because of the upgrades they'd made, and then also had a much more demanding operating system than before, so that hardware manufacturers had to play catch-up to get to the point that Vista could run as smoothly as XP.

They learned their lesson really well with Windows 7, which by contrast had much better driver back-compatibility with Vista and didn't increase the overhead, so that the computers which now had updated drivers to handle Vista and stronger hardware to handle the graphical enhancements could upgrade to 7 without driver or performance issues.

Fucking normies memed it during the 2000s tho. 2000 was less memorable.

2006 hardware was more then capable it's just dumb fucks stuck vista on sub 3ghz single cores with 512mb of ram and a dying HDD and wondered why it was slow

I had a dual core opteron 170 oc at the time and it ran fine even with 2gb of ram

2000 was less memorable. Even ME was more memorable than it, if only because of its bugs.

Vista is still my favorite OS and I would still use it if I could get the drivers working

windows 8. not 8.1, just 8

i actually remember vista's log on sound the best

try again sweaty

Attached: windows you.jpg (385x468, 33K)

No, because people seem to like to shit on it a lot

Windows before 3.1.

umm sweetie, microsoft didn't simply re-use vista's ui for win7. win7 is vista sp2 with kernel improvements, slight ui changes and some new ms software for power users. win7 is the most successful marketing con there's ever been. from an universally hated system to the most beloved one, all due to a name change.

i would know. used vista for 5 years. there was little difference on the same hardware between those two when win7 was released.

>user is talking about ui
>"let me show him how much I can quote wikipedia"

>implying, that all versions of os are not using the same NT corr with some improvements for twenty years

that may be, but win8 was still a clusterfuck. or courage.

that honor goes to Windows MeMe
youtube.com/watch?v=PQyUIISuetc

Attached: bobboot1.png (640x480, 10K)

Completely agree. Windows 8 was irrelevant shit.

I sure as hell remember the pain of Vista.

Windaids ME was the worst OS in history.

That's a strange way to spell macos 1-9.

ill never forget pre service pack Vista's 3MB/s file transfers.

You got 3MB/s? My Raptor was in the tens of kilobytes.

Ask a normie what their least favorite windows version is and they probably say vista.
It will be remembered a long time as the OS that required more resources than AAA games at the time.
At least for among the people who were alive back then.
As time goes on, everything will be forgotton, but it might still live on as the "fun to hate" kind of thing even if they never dealth with it.

Have you forgotten Windows ME and Windows 8?

The answer is: yes you did. Because those are the least memorable Windows versions.

I never used ME, I went from 98 to 2000 server in that time, so only learned about the hate for it later.
The whole CE+ME+NT era was just jokes to me after the fact.

Yeah this. Windows ME couldn't even compete with Win98SE. It was horseshit in comparison and nobody used it because of 98se and later 2k.
XP was also utter shit before SP1 and most people kept on using 98se because at that time most programs had compability issues with nt.