So it's been out for more than two weeks now. Have your initial opinions changed?

So it's been out for more than two weeks now. Have your initial opinions changed?

Nah, it's still a strong 9/10 for me

Nah, it's still a strong 4/10 for me

nah it's still a boring/10

strong 9

Strong 4

Tight 9

No because I threw it directly into le trash after first listen

BIG 6

Tight 4

decent 7

Yes, I'm beginning to really like it. Each of the tracks are beginning to stand out and becoming more defined, whereas at first they would all sort of blend into each other. I'm finding little things that I like every time I listen to it. I remember bits of lyrics etc.

But there are no physical copies of amsp yet. Did you burn it to a disk just so you could throw it out?

initial opinion: cool. not bad at all. probably not going into heavy rotation but i will come back to it a few times over the year when i'm feeling down. defo better than the turd that is tkol. i think i'd be more into it if i was still a hardcore radiohead fan in general

ofc my opinion hasn't changed. i imagine it will grow on me slowly. 6-7/10 imo

>Not realizing what Radiohead is doing with a song the first time around

I just threw my harddrive out dude

Topkek little boy

I still think it's a beautiful album 8/10. Live versions are even better.

Present Tense, tinker tailor, daydreaming, true love waits, identikid best tracks.

yes, i was shitposting at first, now i think is a solid 9/10
the numbers is shit th

I almost never like music the first time unless it's ultra catchy pop tier stuff, but I get bored of it after 10 listens

AOTY
O
T
Y

Still don't like that shit tier album art though

neither do i man, the other stuff they were posting online looked so much better

it fits perfectly th

>no Ful Stop

Only newfags like this album

Only newfags dislike this album

Only newfags are indifferent to this album

underrated post

only newfags

only newfags have listened to this album

question; why they choose mono lake for the cover art?
sure ts a beautiful place but is ther a reason behind?

Bored of it already

Only newfags are newfags

That Italian pedophile didn't like it so now I don't either

9/10 to be honest

sounds better live, nigel fucked the production because his father died, too blurry and dreamy

LCO saves it for me

overall a bit underwhelming for a radiohead release, felt the same way with httt and i still don't like that album. immediately loved inrainbows and tkol after first listen though so i guess it won't really grow on me

Strong 8, maybe even a light 9 since it came out. Some song opinions have shifted about a bit but by and large I've thought it was great all this time.

is it weird that desert island disk is one of my favs

love that guitar line

I think that dreaminess is intentional - nearly all these songs establish an amorphous, textural haze only for a central melody to cut through the ether with great attention to detail and pacing throughout the songs. The only song that I think got fucked on the production is Identikit - the synths just sound too weak for my tastes on it.

LCO?

Nah it's one of my favourites too, love that ending

It's an unpopular pick but I think it's a fair one if you're into its direction. The guitar line on it is indeed smooth as hell, the lyrics very spiritual, and the accenting instrumentation suitably atmospheric. I can't say the song commits any real sins.

Funny, I adored AMSP on first listen and HTTT is my favorite.

Your opinion reflects mine exactly except I loved TKOL.

London Contemporary Orchestra. They played all the string parts Jonny wrote.

It's a wildly publicized album that IMHO doesn't deserve the hype

Im a music egalitarianist

As long as its good music, nobody is better than anyone else. Its which ones are worth reading into more

Is it just me, or this album is conceptual?

>Its which ones are worth reading into more
aka 'better'

cool, thanks

I think it's a 6/10 now, some p bad songwriting imo and I feel little desire to revisit

okay scruffy, enjoy dying soon

Aside from Burn The Witch it does seem to adhere to themes of lost love and sadness, and even then that track still fits in the album's general musical direction.

The only songwriting here that leaves a bad taste in mouth is The Numbers.

> The numbers don't decide
> Your system is a lie

Christ, Thom.

those are lyrics dude

Vocals and their execution are part of a song by definition but I see what you mean.

solid 8/10. loses points for a few songs that don't stand out much, but its extremely cohesive and has an overall vibe that I really like.

standouts: daydreaming, decks dark, ful stop, glassy eyes, identikit, present tense & true love waits.

ultimately maybe my 4th or 5th favorite RH album