Book thread

only ONE de facto standard book per each topic allowed
>C

Attached: 51TGEPRTDNL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (379x499, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

people.redhat.com/duffy/selinux/selinux-coloring-book_A4-Stapled.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If anyone thinks there's a better book on the C language than K&R2, they're fucking stupid.

>totally not dogmatic about meme tier resources
thank goodness for open minded people like you user. What ever would the children do, if they didn't have you around sharing your wisdom about staying away from pesky alternatives. Different things are the work of Satan. Bless you dear user.

>t. hasn't read k&r2

Attached: 1520314085171.png (474x711, 90K)

>t. deliberately hasn't read any other books besides K&R, because that would be blasphemy
I applaud you dear user, must take great courage and determination to post on a forum without knowing basic literacy. Bravo!

Attached: file.jpg (1291x1454, 120K)

C is so aesthetic. Everything from the syntax to the book cover.

After reading through 5+ books on C, this one is almost shit tier. Could've made so much more progress had I not been hell-bent to solve each exercise alone and try to get things from the book to compile - a non-neglectable portion of the code is incorrect, bad practice and bad software engineering.

This is fine, as SE didn't exist in back then, but it's terrible as an introduction to the language and gets you some nasty habits.

This, k&r is horrible for new people and teaches harmful practises.

The Emperor be praised.

Attached: 1517415606072.jpg (768x1024, 119K)

"harmful"
"bad practice"
K&R2 was written by the creators of the language, so who the fuck are you to dictate what is considered 'bad practice'? This is how it was meant to be written. I'd really hate to see your spaghetti code. Also what books have you read?

>was written by the creators of the language, so who the fuck are you to dictate
This is dangerous thinking.

>ONE de facto standard book
people.redhat.com/duffy/selinux/selinux-coloring-book_A4-Stapled.pdf
>Linux

Yes and it was good at that time but now it's outdated and shitty practises.

K.N. King C programming : a modern approach 2nd edition is better if you want to learn C

>reading anything that doesn't itself have programming syntax

Attached: 610dc25467717d89384aa284e87ba7f6c575c56246b34c372e67ddcc7ff8858c.jpg (633x651, 25K)

/*>>reading anything that doesn't itself have programming syntax*/

>K.N. King C programming
Just had a quick look at it, literally talks about unnecessary trigonometry shit and puts the return value of getchar into a variable of char type. It also seems to introduce scanf way too early and does not even talk about width specifiers. Garbage book, burn it.

Superceded by what? I fail to see how it's outdated and with 'bad practices'. You still haven't given any proof to support your points either.

I like this one

Attached: cover.jpg (305x462, 35K)

if (!me.jokeAboutProgrammingSyntax.usedProgrammingSyntax())
me = moron;

Attached: 1518713967235.jpg (599x775, 88K)

do you have a pdf or epub/mobi of it?

I spotted the teen who thinks he has an iq of 200

move aside langlets
C++

Attached: 9780321714114.jpg (492x648, 52K)

as an introduction book, it's still really good, but yeah, it sucks as a programming book

it's very old

What about C Primer Plus, which actually covers the latest standards of C?

if you want just one book on C then it's gotta be C: A Reference Manual

Some user shilled this book many threads ago, I thought it was pretty good but not enough

Anybody have something to read after this? Preferably more detailed

Attached: 91XeROm0jpL.jpg (1937x2560, 1009K)

Reading it few years back, this was on of the moest pleasant book-surprises. By no means ultimate algorithms book, but really great as an introduction that you'd read cover to cover.

Attached: 515GcxK1FFL._SX357_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (359x499, 37K)

Are Cfags a bunch of masochists? Fuck dealing with array of chars and array of ints, yeah I get it, I understand it, still a pain in the ass, just use C++ vectors and strings, or some higher level language.

>learned programming with C
>simple, elegant, almost intuitive, everything makes sense, even if at times it's a bit too simple
>jump into Javascript because of browser add-ons
>mfw

Libgen.io possibly has any book you'll ever need, tho there are other places for more specialized reading. You can also use Google to search through Mobilism.org, they seem to dump recently released books.

Attached: 1518985523942.jpg (320x321, 21K)

>implying it's "thinking" at all

Attached: file.png (485x443, 32K)

what is the best book getting me up to intermediate level of Java programming?