why is this so perfect

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lmao babbys first jazz
THIS is perfect

le

Is he like the worst musician ever?

this is the common response in Sup Forums, OP, because they don't know shit about jazz. Kind of Blue is one of the best albums of the genre

>in a silent way
>jazz

embryo

do you consider smooth jazz to be the worst genre ever?

doesn't anyone?

Why? In a Silent Way is more creative, varied, and just as well performed.

yeah ok so you can prefer it slightly if you like
you absolutely cannot dislike Kind of Blue though or you are just a pleb

better babies first jazz album
youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU

How is it not jazz?

this is also babby's first jazz

blabediblew pleb

you can't have two things come first. One thing must come before the other.
Explain then how it isn't Jazz.

>more creative, varied
So...you have no clue what you're talking about? There was more modal exploration done on KOB, and thanks to Davis and Coltrane having widely different styles, far more variation and creativity portrayed through technique than what In A Silent Way had. Maybe you would have more of an argument if you said Bitches Brew instead, but right now you just sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.

>more modal exploration
Okay. They noodle around in their Dorian scales for a longer time. If the theory and technique is what "gets" you in jazz, then I'm sorry. Sorry if this is not the impression you were trying to make, but this is what I got from your statement.

I understand theory, and I know Coltrane especially knows his shit, but the endless soloing and less focus on compositional strength in Kind of Blue is what I don't like as much about it. Still a great album, but In a Silent Way impresses in both the composition sensibilities and group chemistry as well. Plus the different instruments included changing the soundscape entirely. Sorry that knowing how shift between blues, Dorian, Ionian, and etc. scales doesn't captivate a pleb like me the way it does you.

>but it's popular so it's bad
fuck off. it's a classic for a reason, you contrarian plebs

Oh my god, this so much baby jazz lmao!! This sucks so much! you right

holy shit BTFO

kind of blue isn't babby's first jazz m8, it's too subtle and unassuming for that. maybe black saint and the sinner lady is more accurate because it's more immediate and exciting. still great though.

>They noodle around in their Dorian scales for a longer time
>endless soloing and less focus on compositional strength
>Sorry that knowing how shift between blues, Dorian, Ionian, and etc. scales
You don't listen to much jazz. Do you?

he was just literally responding to your claims of it being more "varied" which just is factually not true. in a silent way is fucking great but surely you can understand that it's not because it's more "varied", right? you were definitely on point calling it creative however, it's fucking amazing.

it's fag's like you, OP, who doom nations.

>pic related is Miles Davis' best album

This is far better tb.h

>Okay. They noodle around in their Dorian scales for a longer time.
That is totally not what I said or what they do on KOB. Stop putting words in my mouth.

> If the theory and technique is what "gets" you in jazz, then I'm sorry.
You said In A Silent Way had more variety. I use objective cases of theory and technique to prove you wrong. That is it. Again, stop putting words in my mouth.

>Sorry if this is not the impression you were trying to make, but this is what I got from your statement.
Of course, if your only interpretation of my post was one where you had your own head so far up your own ass that you rely on things I didn't say and call me stupid for things I didn't say, that's the impression you'll get from my statement.

>and I know Coltrane especially knows his shit
What is this bullshit? Coltrane "especially" knows his shit? Everyone knows their shit equally on both KOB and IASW.

>the endless soloing and less focus on compositional strength in Kind of Blue is what I don't like as much about it
Shit like this is what makes you look totally ignorant and retarded. You look at endless soloing as an inherently inferior thing rather than its own way of expression and music. That's like saying the average modern day style album sucks because of endless singing.

Yes the focus is still more from an improvisational perspective of soloing rather than a set way of playing stuff, but that doesn't make it inherently inferior either.

>In a Silent Way impresses in both the composition sensibilities
Just your narrow-minded view of what that entails.

>and group chemistry as well
Just because there aren't two big name soloists going all out in expression doesn't mean IASW has better group chemistry either. Some of the crazier parts in KOB require more group synchronization, which may only make it SEEM on the outside that there isn't as much group chemistry, but it's stronger than ever considering the amount of skill required to maintain such chemistry.

>the different instruments included changing the soundscape entirely
That's cool. But again, even though I love it, that also makes it easier to digest than the more purely jazz work KOB is.

>Sorry that knowing how shift between blues, Dorian, Ionian, and etc. scales doesn't captivate a pleb like me the way it does you.
Indeed. Must suck that the idea of instruments expressing a variety of emotions with the other instruments making the setting for the emotions doesn't register to you.

OP here, oops wrong picture

>everyone on Sup Forums makes fun of "babby's first jazz" but never posts anything other than that

why did i expect this

>noodle around in their Dorian scales for a longer time

you can literally apply this to anything. you're just reducing their soloing to one possible scale they may have used in the entire album, this shit is ridiculous

Kind of Blue is a masterpiece, there's a reason it's so popular. literally no one will every agree that IASW is more creative. it's fantastic as well, but don't downplay KOB

Kind Of Blue is a great example of a perfect album because each one of the solos is a masterpiece in the traditional bop style, and so it is a great introduction into jazz yet there are many subtle forward thinking aspects of the album that attract seasoned listeners once the immediate thrill of the album has worn off.

not to mention that it is a great illustration of the capacity of jazz improvisation to be a personal expression of the soloist, since Davis, Coltrane, and Cannonball each have their own very unique and personal styles, and each take the incredibly minimal harmonic material they have to work with in their own directions.

The fact that people compare Davis' hard bop quintets and sextets to his fusion experiments is just proof that people on Sup Forums have no idea how to discuss jazz. It'd be hard enough to compare Kind of Blue to his 60s quintet