This is what the modern home computer could render in 2007...

This is what the modern home computer could render in 2007. When will phone posters realize they are holding back technology by decades?

Attached: crysis.jpg (1536x960, 964K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idlewords.com/talks/web_design_first_100_years.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>render
uhm, are you blind user?

Attached: 1517527736564.webm (626x360, 2.72M)

Not sure if you're dumb or you just grabbed a random crysis screenshot from google but this is actually a photograph with a crysis hud and gun shopped in.

Honestly tho crysis isn't that great a game past the visuals and even those look eh now.

Good, video games are meant for children.

wow its so good looking its better than what a contemporary computer can render

OMELETTE DU FROMAGE

oh boy

Attached: gay.png (1579x759, 2M)

That's a lot of eggs.

EAT THE EGGS

ikr, people cant even go out to take pictures anymore, straight into crydev

FEAR had better execution and use of its visuals, still the best use of lighting to this day

Here's a (You) for persistence. As far as the overall idea goes you need to be more aggressively stupid. Also go against the hivemind.

Attached: 1521124822384.jpg (301x344, 76K)

What are you trying to say?

Not him, but it's kind of easy to see that it is a fake pic.
But probably anyone would notice it.

You do know that the GPUs in today's smartphones are comparable to or better than what people were running in their desktops in 2007, courtesy of the 5 or 6 process node shrinks we've seen since then. Nvidia's and AMD's GPUs were using a 90nm or 80nm process toward the beginning of 2007 and moved to a 65nm process in late 2007, for comparison the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 and 845 there were being used in flagship smartphones last year used a 10 nm process.

The only reason you don't see Crysis tier games on smartphones is because all software for smartphones is shit that squanders the ridiculous amounts of computing power they have at their disposal. It's extremely disappointing to see how much devices have advanced only to have developers piss all that extra performance away due to their laziness.

False.

Attached: jokeoverhead.png (425x404, 20K)

>gunshit
I am so fucking sick of first person shooters. It makes me so irrationally mad. When I see someone playing one I just assume you're retarded at this point.

>buttblasted leftycuck gets triggered over guns
Please go back to HuffPo

>poorfag needs video games to simulate shooting

why did the guy who made that shoop put the hud on the wrong side of the screen? it really rustles my jimmies

Attached: f.jpg (945x1500, 154K)

>not using the original filename: "surlykingoftheeggfort"
smfh

>shopped

Attached: 1518130031996.jpg (851x714, 80K)

Based phone users cockblocking gaymers.

You're gonna get the world's spiciest and most watery diarrhea if you eat that.
Not only can't pajeet code, but proper hygiene while cooking is also a far away concept for him

Attached: Death.gif (847x860, 1.59M)

Why are the eggs white ?
Are they duck eggs ?

fuck offffffff
you literal imbecile

some types of chickens lay white eggs.

Own chickens, can confirm. There are even green and blue eggs!

nah mate that looks pretty good

You have to have shit digestive genes if you get diarrhea from eggs desu

Do you have an actual argument? For comparison, there were a similar number of die shrinks between the SoC used in the original 2007 iPhone and the Intel 486/original 60 MHz Pentiums or the 75-100 MHz Pentiums. It isn't some monumental task for modern handheld devices to be more powerful than a decade+ old consumer desktop.

>65112726
For you

Honestly, this is tru. If you compare a slightly older title like Fallout NV to a newer game, it becomes obvious that as computers get more powerful, more of that power is wasted on shitty optimization. I can run Fallout on my Intel HD 4000 with a little shadows and a decent render distance at 900p and get well over 30-40 FPS all the time (until it crashes...) and even though it's obviously dated, it doesn't look THAT bad. Hardly uses any RAM either.

If all programmers were forced to test their code on machines half as powerful as the current average device they are programming for, shit would just be better. God bless companies who optimize their games to fuck and back. GTA isn't terrible looking either but it can run on basically ANYTHING out today. Then you get on pubg and it won't even run right on a current gen console. Pathetic.

If an identical game was made today it would require an 8 core i7 and run like shit.
Fuck unity for setting the bar so low.

Holy fuck, he's good (:

>When will phone posters realize they are holding back technology by decades?
idlewords.com/talks/web_design_first_100_years.htm
>This is because we're moving from desktops to laptops, and from laptops to smartphones. Some people are threatening to move us to wristwatches.
>In terms of capability, these devices are a step into the past. Compared to their desktop brethren, they have limited memory, weak processors, and barely adequate storage.
>And nobody cares, because the advantages of having a portable, lightweight connected device are so great. And for the purposes of taking pictures, making calls, and surfing the internet, they've crossed the threshold of 'good enough'.
>What people want from computers now is better displays, better battery life and above all, a better Internet connection.

looks like kindom come deliverence

Attached: 50x2yvimkbf01.jpg (2048x1152, 874K)

even if developers weren't lazy it still wouldn't be worth running AAA games on a phone because it just wastes battery

even if this weren't a fake screenshot, who the fuck cares, if you want to see a
"realistically rendered" tree then just go outside

what does what desktops could render in 2007 have to do with phone posters?

user, you are either have a severe handicap or you are posting low quality bait.

Attached: 89ba51a23422b740336a738b834e949021185426ef0500393ca01e29931593bc.gif (480x270, 508K)

True Detective season 3

the MP was pretty fun

obvious

to be fair KDC release version doesn't look like that either.

my omelette's is better than that....

not everyone has crohns user

Oh, shit. It's fake. And it looked so real.

This looks disgusting. All that blur. All that postprcesing. All those copy pasted threees.

Fuck off console kiddies, the PC is all about gameplay, merging game genres, and innovation at mechanics of gemplay and playstyle made possible by the Keyboard as opposed to the IQ castrated console controllers.
Graphics is something only consoletards give a fuck about since that's all that can advance since controllers can't anymore because the low IQ threshold of console peasants has been reached.
A PC master race will trade graphical quality for 500 more AI, 10 times more objects and object diversity, and 10 times more chaos on the screen, any time of the day.
Only Console peasants care about cinematic masturbation.

Attached: 1380944212218.png (291x291, 235K)

Your omlette is better than a fried egg sandwich?

Fascinating observation pls tell us more.

If your stomach can't stand cooked fresh eggs then you should see someone about that. Eggs have their own airtight container which makes them harder to spoil with poor hygiene.

Then why is the op about graphics instead of controls?

>Patrician Console Class: 98666377377x10^8
>Turbo Virgin PC Niggers:-90002+1

>>In terms of capability, these devices are a step into the past. Compared to their desktop brethren, they have limited memory, weak processors, and barely adequate storage.
>implying websites where those features would make a difference aren't complete cancer in the first place
I agree that smartphones have had a negative effect on the web due to developers designing sites for smaller screens, but anyone who bitches about the RAM/processor/storage of a smartphone limiting web design should go die in a hole.

>even if developers weren't lazy it still wouldn't be worth running AAA games on a phone because it just wastes battery
But if developers weren't lazy, you'd also be able to get performance comparable to phones today even with the processor underclocked to save battery life.

Because OP is a console kiddie false flagging as a PC master race.
Only console kiddies care about graphics because graphics is the only thing capable of evolving on console anymore.
There's a reason the console press releases were all about graphics and cinematic and nothing about gameplay. Because that's the low-IQ mongrel userbase OP is part of in reality.

This is why hardware interests me more than software

Eggs in their natural form do let some air through, but not bacteria. But if the chicken had something, like salmonella, it's likely to be in the egg as well.

Actually, it's CONSOLES holding the technology back. Phones are more powerful than PS3 and 360 now. GPU-wise they are better many laptops, even.

who cares about underclocking, a wasted cycle is still a wasted cycle

which gets cooked off, how do you get salmonella from cooked eggs?

on high setting with an overpriced system it does. too bad everything is so expensive right now.

The yolk, if it isn't completely firm.

>But if the chicken had something, like salmonella, it's likely to be in the egg as well.
False.

That looks so comfy, I wish it wouldn't give me food poisoning and hepatitis, I kinda enjoy going to third world shitholes and eating street food like that.

You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.

PUBG runs like a shitty unoptimized mess because it literally is a shitty unoptimized mess. It’s a bunch of marketplace addons cobbled together, with an art team fresh out of the university.

It runs like shit because the artists have no fucking idea how to do anything other than pump out Zbrush sculpts and decimate using automatic tools.

GTAV runs well largely in part due to legacy tech, and a dev team that knows what the fuck they’re doing.

Also, Fallout running on intrgrated graphics has nothing to do with optimization and everything to do with graphical workload being slim as shit. It’s not a PBR-capable system, everything is painstakingly handpainted/photocollaged, with only 8-ish shader types. In the time since Fallout released, there’s literally an order of magnitude of new shader technologies in new graphics APIs

Mix of High and Very High settings here

Attached: 20180225162718_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

Draw distance is set to max but it is still noticeable

Attached: 20180301201402_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

very nice such a great game

Nothing can beat the beautifully tessellated rocks in Crysis Warhead though

Attached: 20180301211319_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.13M)

>We made Oblivion, but it takes to 1080s in SLI to run.

I get between 30-70 at 1440p at High-Very High settings with max draw distance on a 1080 ti, yeah it's pretty unoptimized

Attached: 20180304172343_1.jpg (2560x1440, 922K)

You have to eat all the eggs.

Who cares about playing videogames on computers?, only fucking betas do. If you're going to play, at least do it on a console or on your phone like a normal person

It can look pretty good.
Runs pretty poorly though.

Attached: KingdomCome_2018_03_15_01_07_10_963.jpg (3200x1800, 2.23M)

are you retarded?

look at the picture for literally 20 seconds.

Nonsensical hate is a common trace of individuals with low intelligence, aka brainlet.

Attached: 1514578307946.png (645x729, 69K)

Phone fags will never know this feel

Attached: 1311485410.81041430.jpg (2950x2094, 1.77M)

Are you kidding me you've never seen white eggs

Attached: IMG_1061.jpg (500x700, 65K)

I want to punch that frog

I don't think you're disagreeing with me. Optimized games run well on weaker hardware compared to poorly optimized ones. Saying that a game is unopitimized because it uses older proven technology seems kinda silly. Old stuff can be more optimized than newer shit precisely because it's had more time to be worked on.

there's a LOT of space between GTA and Pubg, because one uses better optimized code. Of course some games run well just because it's much more simple, but that isn't the only factor. I think overwatch looks better than Fortnight even though they have a similar smooth look to their surfaces and lighting, but fortnight doesn't seem to run as well. I'd chalk that up to optimization

I do. Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) eggs.
I've already heard about Araucana eggs that mentioned, but that's not your average eggs at the supermarket (at least not where I live).

Attached: All the eggs.jpg (640x360, 40K)

At least 70% of the eggs where I live are white, but you can still find some brown. Blue and green are rarer since they are "natural", from farms.

This whole "holding back" argument is only valid when the software is being shared between the platforms, which is not the case with PC/Phones.

Also graphics are being held back by budgets and autodesk at the moment, which is why for example horizon zero dawn look better than most PC games, even wth the PS4 being effectively an 750ti with a shitty mobile processor.
Sony paid a fuckton of money on that game to sell the idea that the PS4 is powerful.

That's a nice attempt but knowing this board, you would have to use a nick like "opensourcemascotanon" to work.

I have an Asus Zenfone with an Intel Atom with the PowerVR GPU. I can run a PSP emulator and a Dreamcast emulator at full speed with pretty little problems, though PSP I do have frameskipping on. Other more powerful phones are running Dolphin decently. So Crysis or Fallout New Vegas on a current gen phone imo isn't a stretch at all, just it is squandered on shit. For my one attempt at mobile gaming on native Android I tried Need for Speed and it looked good and played like shit, but looked damned good. But why try hard when you could get some 2005 Newgrounds or Yahoo Games game and monetize the fuck out of it and get Boomers to play them 10 hours a day without even needing to write an actual plot?

reddit ALERT

Attached: 1520731363204.jpg (400x400, 120K)

But jokes are funny

kek

>intelligent people aren't supposed to get angry

>just go shoot your school way more fun than video games

>nonsensical

Attached: 1515560283384.png (514x438, 20K)

>pointing and clicking at enemies without any other puzzle aspect is fun

wha

>calling OP out like a faggot instead of going along with the joke
I can't wait till your containment board gets back up so you'll all fuck off

I care about graphics, but I'm not autistic enough to dump a game because of them. Bad performance, inconsistent FPS and stuttering are lot more irritating.
I played that shitty Ethan Carter game because of graphics, but It's only a pretty game, not a good one.

Lack of anger is considered a personality disorder though...
It is normal to be angry. It is not professional to act irrationally when angry.

I'd trade graphical quality for advancements in AI anyday but lets not kid ourselves here the only thing even remotely relevant to your post that we will get is 10 times more diversity.

proper crysis screenshot ;^)

Attached: 10 years old game.jpg (2560x1440, 936K)

How does modern games manage to be unglier and heavier

There is no market for games like that. Games sell on hype. Console kids can't tell the difference anyway.