I have a challenge for you

Okay Sup Forums I got a challenge for you. You must figure out what kind of tech this is, what cables it needs, and what programs you need to run it with it only turning on by motion activation.

I'll offer some hints if you want, but to be honest I don't know what I have here myself.

Attached: camwtfitled_edit.jpg (3000x1852, 924K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-For-Axis-2100-Colour-Network-Camera-CCTV-Power-Supply-Cord-Charger-/350572208085
axis.com/files/datasheet/2100/2100_ds.pdf
axis.com/en-us/products/axis-2100
axis.com/files/userguide/2100/2100ug.pdf
axis.com/en-us/support/downloads/axis-ip-utility
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not looking for stolen camera software jamal, do it yourself

Not stolen nigga, I'm white I swear. Someone gave this to me 7 years ago, and I just found it in a box when moving. I had forgotten all about it.

Attached: 16vMhcA.jpg (1600x1236, 114K)

I dont understand who you're trying to bait, there literally are product numbers and names on the device? is google that hard for you to use?

I'm not setting up your camera for you pea-brain nigger.

Hey I know this website called Google.com maybe you should ask them for tech support

Looks like all you need is a serial cable, an ethernet cord and a 9 or 12 V power brick.

The green things are probably to link multiple of them

>brand name
>model
>and even website listed on it

Attached: 1460950099281.jpg (400x542, 237K)

I know nothing about softwear or hardwear like this. All I know is its old, I dont know what the hell I'm dealing with. Ive looked around the web, I've asked people I know and nobody seems to know much about it. Figured you nerdy fucks might know something more than me on the subject.

> Looks like all you need is a serial cable, an ethernet cord and a 9 or 12 V power brick.

Thats part of the struggle figuring this thing out, I dont know of a way to know how much power it needs for the power brick. As for software, I havnt have a clue of what would run it.

Attached: 4MGOuui.jpg (600x807, 68K)

Have you tried plugging it in and accessing it, or downloading the manual for it?
No? Then why should we do the same?

>blanks out P/N
Great job OP.

Attached: 1519404087437.png (499x338, 35K)

> tried plugging it in

That would be difficult when I am unable to power it on. I dont know what Voltage it takes.

I have no clue what P/N even means. So I blacked it out encase it was some password access shit to view it online.

Attached: 1453628953519.png (850x464, 690K)

>softwear
>hardwear
go back

How many layers of foodstamps you on my man ?
>official website still up
>even has user manual describing all the ports and software

Attached: Capture.jpg (1150x878, 150K)

WWW axis dot com
And Google.com will help you without the harsh comments.
All the info you need is printed on the camera itself. Use that info in the aforementioned websites and you should be able to figure out the rest.... Hopefully!

>I have no clue what P/N even means
I'm afraid the setup process of this IP Camera is way beyond your skillset, OP. Just give it to someone who can use it.

>Just give it to someone who can use it
Nigga done snatched it clean off, doubt its any useful without the stand

Attached: liquor store tier.jpg (1284x766, 81K)

so i know the s/n may be the serial number, just dont know what p/n means.

I have, its just I dont know what I need on my computer to run this thing. I also asked encase there is something not listed on the website that users of this tech know. Either way, I got the website on another tab.

Attached: OX2v7A9.jpg (444x888, 209K)

>Still complains about not knowing what P/N means instead of fucking googling it
Yeah go fuck yourself OP

It didnt come with a stand when I was given it. It was bolted into the ceiling using another stand for that purpose before the person replaced it with a newer model. I'm as white as they come, I'm no criminal

Attached: 0yjxZHO.jpg (906x960, 62K)

lmao, everyone below this post is being baited by this brilliant fuck

Attached: 1512106957224.png (603x222, 26K)

>network
>display
Have you even tried just plugging it in and see what happens.
I mean obviously it's not plug and play but surely it's using some standardized software. I doubt a company like this would just make their own software for this, but I could be wrong.

>steampunk shit
>encase
never post again

try plugging in a network cable and powering it on and doing a host discovery to see if it picks up an address from your network.

I googled it after I posted the image, its the Part Number I'm not an idiot.

> Have you even tried just plugging it in and see what happens

Unable to power it up until I figure out what voltage it requires.

>Unable to power it up until I figure out what voltage it requires.
nigger just stop

>Unable to power it up until I figure out what voltage it requires.
read the fucking documentation you utter fucking moron

Start with 5 as usually that is the lowest, if it dosent power on, step up to 9 or 12.

Then only god can help you if you haven't worked that out by now.

Good idea user. I'll try that, just gotta order some power bricks.

Until then, I'm unable to power it on to see whats loaded on this thing.

Attached: DW1j8N5WkAAL1ht.jpg (500x378, 30K)

Do you have fuckin autism
that literally took me less than a minute
ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-For-Axis-2100-Colour-Network-Camera-CCTV-Power-Supply-Cord-Charger-/350572208085

Another side note. Your standard hobbyist electronics store should have this.
Easy to get.

>Good idea user. I'll try that, just gotta order some power bricks.
this is one of the best trolls Sup Forums has seen in a minute

>Do you have fuckin autism
Do you have to ask?

axis.com/files/datasheet/2100/2100_ds.pdf
Fuck sake.
You are retarded.

Well ive found it.

axis.com/en-us/products/axis-2100

so theres that, but what are the cords called that i need for it besides the power brick?

The one to the left of the power port, ....is it the blue cable? you now the old one for crts? The one in this picture?

Attached: potato-computer.jpg (1280x890, 279K)

Looks like a common industrial connector.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (950x950, 92K)

Looks like a com port.

Attached: rs232-pinout.jpg (433x450, 31K)

I got this guys, i have a stand for it now.
I also have that "blue" cable that connects to crt screens for it now.

Just need a decent power brick

Attached: IMG_20180315_120111504.jpg (2432x4320, 1.26M)

is that the blue one?

Attached: UHYo3Z3.jpg (736x1758, 130K)

Im not retarded im just not a techie...

anyway i found this power brick but its 16V

I pluged it in and the light came on but then it sparcked and started smoking... ,i didnt brake it right?

Attached: 1519772110053.jpg (526x567, 74K)

Hey this post is fake, real OP here. Go fuck yourself. I didnt even plug it in nigga, either post a picture of my cam stand or fuck off you are not me

Attached: IMG_20180315_111057379.jpg (2432x4320, 2.52M)

Wtf "OP" i am the real OP... Here, a picture of my camera stand

guys did i brake the camera or not ?

I have the blue cable but it has more wholes then the camera connector, will it work anyway?

Attached: 1521129772230~02.jpg (1453x1765, 162K)

Plug in 12V psu
Plug in network cable
Assign an IP for it in your router
Access the ip in your browser
Install latest firmware from manufacturer

Now ignoring this fake ass nigga, I'm the real OP and will include a new pic of this cam to prove it.

So after looking around, I found a 12v power brick from a drill, think this is too much or should i look for a smaller voltage just encase?

Attached: U35626262w2tw34tw34titled.jpg (1036x1380, 324K)

Writing this down, thanks user.

Attached: IMG_20180315_110657792.jpg (4320x2432, 1.63M)

The psu connector probably needs to be negative on the outside
A lamp should light up on the camera if it works
After that, read this:

Is it required to have this run? Or would the other connection do?

Whats that connection even for?

Attached: IMG_20180315_112131751.jpg (4320x2432, 1.98M)

gave it a try user, green light turned on the front.

At least i know it powers up now. I didnt leave it on, bit worried 12v might be too much.

Attached: IMG_20180315_121828382.jpg (2432x4320, 2.47M)

Right to left:
power
serial cable if you want to use/setup your camera from a pc and not the network. optional
general purpose cable connector, read the manual you retard it's written there what it could be used for. optional
LAN connector for network cable

12 is what it needs, read the manual
now you need to send some commands from your pc to the camera, READ THE MANUAL

axis.com/en-us/support/downloads/axis-ip-utility
Use this program to activate the camera

Listen, OP is a fucking retard and won't read the manual no matter how many times you tell him to. He's just waiting for you to spoonfeed him (which you've been doing for a while now)
Please just stop posting in this thread already, let him read the manual and figure it out for himself.
You have no right to complain if you're still giving him information and bumping the thread.

Ran into one problem user, the cable i thought it needed (the one next to the power) doesnt fit.

I'm unsure how to connect this to my pc now.

Its not the bluer one, so I'm unsure what to do from here. Anyone know the right cable or whats it called or looks like?

I'm readning the menuel right now, I just havnt found the cable section yet in the PDF.

Thanks user

Attached: IMG_20180315_123048531.jpg (2432x4320, 1.48M)

>serial cable
So i tried it, but it doesnt quiet fit. Guess my serial cable needs another end on it to fit, do you happen to know what that part is called/looks like? As when i google the term serial cable it looks like what i already have.

Attached: IMG_20180315_123031601.jpg (2432x4320, 2.25M)

Install reading comprehension in your brain

Scratch that, i found my issue. I need the reciving part of the cable. The one i have is a double ended one so i dont have the right connection. I may ask the wife when shes gets back from work if she has a spare laying around. Unless i can find it, its delaying me checking this thing out.

Attached: IMG_20180315_110727613.jpg (4320x2432, 1.79M)

bump

>Scratch that, i found my issue. I need the reciving part of the cable. The one i have is a double ended one so i dont have the right connection. I may ask the wife when shes gets back from work if she has a spare laying around. Unless i can find it, its delaying me checking this thing out.
holy fucking shit my man

These are the kind of people we share the board with.
Why can't they fuck off to lainchan already?

But lainchan IS good

Do you mean the arrogant cunts who tell op hes too dumb to into electronics without any actual support/try to derail the thread or the op who didnt read the manual?

Op here, I did read the manual after it was posted, I just didnt find the info fast enough before people started bitching.

I made progress, its lite up, but sadly I just dont have the blue cable I need to connect it to my PC. The power brick, works and I'm just missing one bloody cable.

Attached: IMG_20180315_122305143.jpg (4320x2432, 1.86M)

Well since you covered the serial and product number, the best I can do is the bar code, which looks like the MAC address: 00:40:8C:64:AF:49. At least we know it's really Axis, right?

As people said, you need to plug in a network cable into the port on the left of the back. Not a serial one.

>muh safespace
This is not a board for tech illiterate or tech support.
Read the rules and FAQ before posting.

Well since i plan to never have this thing connected online, heres the uncensored one.

I didnt look at it much before the edit, just wanted to cover my bases encase i looked something over wrong.

Attached: IMG_20180315_110922425.jpg (4320x2432, 2.16M)

>I know nothing about softwear or hardwear like this
and you'll never know if you don't do research, you dumb, illiterate fuck

>As people said, you need to plug in a network cable into the port on the left of the back. Not a serial one.
But didnt someone say that its optional if you just plan to use it with a PC and not a network?

Attached: IMG_20180315_121802751.jpg (4320x2432, 2.4M)

Yeah it seems this post explained it. I dont think the network cable is mandatory since i plan to just hook it to a normal PC

All the serial cable does is emulate a small and slow network
You still haven't really read the manual
How the fuck do people like you even survive? I've had enough

>All the serial cable does is emulate a small and slow network
So what? If i can use a serial cable, I'm gonna use it. are you trying to say it isnt required? It kinda is if im plugging it into a computer user.

Unless you mean I can use an enternet cable and just power for it....i dont think its helpful.

Lastly im reading the manual, i just6 havnt read 100% of it yet.

> How the fuck do people like you even survive?

eat food, what about you nigga?

Attached: IMG_20180315_121746701.jpg (2432x4320, 761K)

>Unless you mean I can use an enternet cable and just power for it....
Well you can, since it's a network camera

Alright boiz, I got it working, thanks for your help.

Attached: 1508326730364.jpg (488x381, 32K)

>Well you can, since it's a network camera
Yeah, but I dont want to put my camera on any internet connection. I'm just trying to use it on an offline PC. Since ive seen how easy people can view these cameras online, there is even some site that shows the unprotected ones.

fuckoff fake nigga

Attached: IMG_20180315_110807233.jpg (4320x2432, 2.42M)

Fair assumption that you're on a NAT'd network, just don't port forward to it.

No it's not a VGA, it may look similar but that's not what it is

anyone that answers this quys demand is a literal retard.

Ya I figured that one out already, I dont have the correct cable.
> demand
> correction: challenge

Try reading the thread before replying

Attached: IMG_20180315_121735915.jpg (2432x4320, 1.6M)

Nigger. It literally says "network camera". Aka: a webcam. It requires an RJ45 ended network cable, dc power input, and a serial cable. Next time Google shit before making a thread, and even then go to the stupid questions thread because you're retarded. I bet you don't know these ports because you're underage.

>I bet you don't know these ports because you're underage.
Oh shit man ive been found out, im sooo underage being 27....fuck off nigga. Nobody can be "underage" to use old tech, faggot.

Attached: IMG_20180315_150001323.jpg (2432x4320, 2.31M)

>Nobody can be "underage" to use old tech, faggot.
Your new is showing.

Please return to reddit.

What the fuck OP.
I didn't know people with an IQ under 40 could even manage to type.
It's a fucking NETWORK CAMERA
It needs to be connected to a NETWORK
NETWORK CAMERA
NETWORK
IT WON'T WORK OVER SERIAL (Which for some fucking reason despite it having only nine pins and having everyone tell you it's fucking serial you still think it's VGA)
THE SERIAL PORT IS FOR CONTROL
YOU NEED TO CONNECT IT TO A NETWORK
IT ONLY OUTPUTS A PICTURE THROUGH THE NETWORK PORT
NETWORK CAMERA
NEEDS A NETWORK

plz leave

1. you could have googled any of the fucking numbers on it to get manuals for it. Even googling 20876r2 gets you enough info to find even MORE data on it, easily enough to work out how it works
2. unironically namefagging
3. Sup Forums is not your personal tech support
4. I'm 27 and you are making me ashamed of my generation right now
5. Sup Forums is not your personal tech support for fuck's sake read the sticky and fuck off

are you a legitimate retard, it's a goddamn serial-controlled network camera and I literally could have told you that without googling anything by using my fucking brain

>THE SERIAL PORT IS FOR CONTROL
This is new info. Control? like what, turning it? Or just settings?

> YOU NEED TO CONNECT IT TO A NETWORK

can that be offline?
>IT ONLY OUTPUTS A PICTURE THROUGH THE NETWORK PORT

user your caps-lock seems to be broken, maybe its time for a new keyboard?

Attached: IMG_20180315_151140255.jpg (2432x4320, 2.82M)

Listen, I'll answer those questions if you take a pic of the back of your hand and show us.

The ol' pajeet check

I'm thinking it might be a camera or a modem (the old wifi tech).

"Ignorance is bliss" is probably how you live your life, isn't it
Pretty dumb if you ask me

>20876r2
Where the fuck did you get that number from? I'm generally curious as google just brings up japanese websites.

> unironically namefagging

Its so you niggas can keep up and know who OP is.

> Sup Forums is not your personal tech support

Nowhere did I ask for "tech support" or even help, I made a challenge...and people went for it.

Sure, i'm white as white can be. I thought random shots of the cam would show this is a real thing and not some stolen pics...either way here you go.

Attached: IMG_20180315_151753003.jpg (4320x2432, 1.87M)

I'm not checking if he's a Pajeet.
He's been calling us "niggas" the entire thread, is phoneposting and doesn't know how to read or write.
The item this thread is about looks like it was ripped off of its mount, and he doesn't want either to show the serial number or to connect it to the internet, which raises some suspicion about it being stolen. I was just curious about OP's ethnicity, but yeah:
Looks like he's just clinically retarded.
Listen OP, you can go to the doctor and get your mental disability checked out, you might get some help from the government for your condition, since you're not black.

... boy that number is literally on the fucking camera that you physically have

how the fuck are you less observant than someone who took a glance at your shitty pictures and googled the first text they saw

also calling it something else doesn't make it not tech support you fucking assclown

"aw nah officer that's not my bong it's just a water-containing smoking implement for herbs and tobacco"

>He's been calling us "niggas" the entire thread, is phoneposting and doesn't know how to read or write.
Part of this is just bait. I'm not on a phone, I'm on a computer just using a phone to take pictures.

Finally,
> he doesn't want either to show the serial number or to connect it to the internet,

Check the thread, i posted the serial number, the censoring at the start was just some bait m8.

Anyway, if you are an user of their word, reply to the questions. Come on, dont let me down, all this is a bit of fun, bait, and some honest questions. I had to make it interesting.

Attached: IMG_20180315_151759465.jpg (4320x2432, 2.22M)

>>you need to connect it to a network
>can that be offline?
jesus fuck, op you're beyond braindead.

> how the fuck are you less observan

Ahh you meant its that small text. My eyes arent great user, I totally missed that one.

Attached: IMG_20180315_153100164.jpg (2432x4320, 2.95M)

>it's just bait I was just pretending to be retarded

OP, I should say you gave me hopes for the future. A future where the USA dies completely and becomes another Africa, only exploited for its natural resources and used by (((weapon companies))) to profit off some fake wars they themselves created.
Thanks for being retarded and refusing every single bit of help, OP. Thanks for being a true American.

>a true American.
Not American.

Attached: 80swOUM.jpg (480x471, 32K)

Clearly not. I mean, it's not like Americans aren't the only ones that use racial slur unironically and have those
power sockets. Not at all.

> Implying people dont buy outsourced tech from other counties. Nigga please.

Attached: dgfhdgh.png (1407x793, 1.42M)