Is the the greatest electronic artist of the last five years?

Is the the greatest electronic artist of the last five years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dKXnR5gE74E?t=744
youtube.com/watch?v=UCIpULx8Z48
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who is DJ Rashad?

yes
he's dead. that's who

i sometimes find him to be inconsistent but his highs are really fucking high.

a dead talentless hippity hop man

No, Kanye West is.

does he produce his own stuff?

james blake

peaked with his dubstep EPs desu

right now, for me it's kahn. i like everything he's put out desu

literally who

:-)

seriously who is that

dubstep producer

I love Daniel, but sometimes artists like him sound so immature and basic when pic related exist.

don't be like that
ae

this desu his albums are decent but I don't get why they get all the acclaim

nah, senpai

i like both, but one thing that's more interesting about daniel is that his stuff interacts with the current "electronic" music climate and is not keen on existing in a vacuum. he takes influences from the internet and music scenes and artists and totally inverts them and turns them on their head. ae is super insular and intensely focused on their own sound, so everything comes out sounding like previously released stuff in their oeuvre, which isn't bad - in fact in some ways it's refreshing - but it's harder for the material to sound new.

i'm gonna need more material before i judge where he stands but he is clearly very talented and has loads of potential.

no thanks
youtu.be/dKXnR5gE74E?t=744

Child of Lov

RIP

Isn't The The a Post-Punk band?

I saw clips of this fatso playing live and it sounded like black metal, what was that?

Dude's been making music for way more than 5 years

Are you talking about his boiler room set? He went on tour with NIN and started making music influenced from that

I don't know, it was like 10 seconds someone posted here, there was someone screaming on stage with him

best way of putting it

youtube.com/watch?v=UCIpULx8Z48

any of his releases have screaming vocals? i only listen to his albums once so i don't remember

>dubstep
hahahaha fuck off you underage b&

Crim3s is really raw.

his last ep was quite dissapointing

haha fuck off you pardner b&

They are, but they're also not amazing at songwriting. Crystal Castles did it better.

Why do britbongs take pride in listening to simplistic dance music? why are you still listening to that shit 30 years after detroit and chicago invented it?

because we've progressed the genre forward since then. It's like saying why did people listen to rock music after blacks invented rock n roll in the 40s?

>literally sped up hip-hop breakbeats and rap over it
>literally sped up house music and rap over it
wow much innovation

we are talking about dubstep tho which actually has a pretty complex history that's made up of quite a few genres cross-pollinating until it became it's own definable thing. you're being reductive.

dubstep is fucking shit for 13 year olds

um, no.

you sound 13 though since you've clearly never stepped foot in a club lool.

yeah whatever fagtron